Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 3rd, 2007, 01:39 PM
Admiral

Default question about photos on formal night

My son and I will dress up after all for the one formal night (then we'll immediately change back into shorts and t-shirt after dinner and photos).

Do they have multiple stands set up for photos? Are they set up through the entire dinner hour span? Is there usually a long wait to have your photo taken? Do you get the choice of different backgrounds? Do you get the photos you purchase right then, or do you have to pick them up the following day? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old July 3rd, 2007, 01:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

Do they have multiple stands set up for photos? Yes

Are they set up through the entire dinner hour span? Yes, and then some

Is there usually a long wait to have your photo taken? At times, but who says you have to wait. If the background you want has a long line, go somewhere for awhile then check back.

Do you get the choice of different backgrounds? Yes, they have several backgrounds. We could have picked from a ships bow at sunset, a garden type setting, a piano set up, a library type setting, and so on. Don't grab the first one you come to like we did...

Do you get the photos you purchase right then, or do you have to pick them up the following day? The next day they'll have the photos posted along one of the hallways. You can order and pay for any photos posted right there and pick them up later.

Tip: If your son is likely to spill food on himself, you may try to get your formals done before dinner if you can.
Old July 3rd, 2007, 03:29 PM
Admiral

[/quote] Tip: If your son is likely to spill food on himself, you may try to get your formals done before dinner if you can.[/quote]

I'M actually the one who usually gets some food that has spilled and landed on my ample bosom! I always have my Tide to Go stick handy! But I'll consider we may do the photos BEFORE dinner. Thanks!
Old July 4th, 2007, 02:20 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy

I agree with the above ---- but you sound just like me! Get out of those dress clothes and into comfortable clothes ASAP..
Old July 4th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Admiral

On some of the Carnival cruise ships I have sailed on, they have a photo location on the Promenade deck where you can dress up in western attire, my grandson loved it...we have a great photo of him with a ten gallon hat on, long black coat, etc., and it was processed using a sepia tone.
Old July 4th, 2007, 05:48 PM
Admiral

that sounds like fun! My son is 14 and I think he'll just want to wear what he did for his recent 8th grade graduation - black pants, black shirt and a groovy purple psychadelic tie!
Old July 4th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Passenger

My son is 16 and I bought him a black suit for formal night. This past weekend he and his gf bought a lime green shirt to go with it and a black and lime green striped tie. He wont be hard to find on formal night .
Old July 4th, 2007, 07:12 PM
Admiral

The western attire is all available at the photo location...hats, long dresses for the ladies, hats with plumes, boas, dance hall girl dresses, etc.
Old July 4th, 2007, 09:35 PM
First Mate

Tip: If your son is likely to spill food on himself, you may try to get your formals done before dinner if you can.[/quote]

I'M actually the one who usually gets some food that has spilled and landed on my ample bosom! I always have my Tide to Go stick handy! But I'll consider we may do the photos BEFORE dinner. Thanks![/quote]

And then you don't have to redo the lipstick either! - we actually had pics taken at two different backgrounds an ordered some of each! It was nice to have everyone dressed up, especially since we have 6 kids and hadn't had a family picture since we only had 3! (pathetic how time flies and gets away from you!)

Rhapsody of the Seas - long ago, in a galaxy far away!
Ecstasy - Jan. 2007
Conquest - Sept. 2007 cruisemates 4Bs
Ecstasy - Jan. 2008
Old July 5th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Admiral

I agree, I think we'll do the photos before we eat, as we'll both be anxious to change back into comfy clothes as soon as we're done eating