CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Canada/New England cruise (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/335757-canada-new-england-cruise.html)

cherylroy July 4th, 2007 01:07 AM

Canada/New England cruise

Hi everyone - I have a question. We have been on the carribbean cruises and I LOVE THE BLUE WATER and nothing but water around us! We have been to Alaska - different, absolutely beautiful and we want to go again. Now I am thinking of the canada/new england cruise. Is it like a carribbean cruise (lots of water, etc) or Alaska - scenery? Any input on this cruise? Thanks!!

Gail F July 4th, 2007 08:09 AM

Hi Cheryl,
I am from New England, and My sister is leaving tomorrow for this cruise while I take her three kids, She is the one that talked me into taking my first cruise many years ago, and I have not stopped, since, the sad part is she had an autistic little boy and she had to stop cruising for 15 years so I am so excited for her, I will get tons of information for you.

dottiel July 4th, 2007 08:21 AM

Gail, I would appreciate any and all info you gather from your sister as well.

Bless you for watching her 3 kids while she gets a much needed "break" for reality! What a great aunt and sister!!!!

We'll be taking this cruise one year to the day from now 8) We can't WAIT!!!!

cherylroy July 4th, 2007 09:07 AM

You are a God Send for taking care of the kids so she can enjoy! They need more people like you! I will be patiently (!!!!) waiting for all the information you have!!! Thank you

Michelle1959 July 4th, 2007 12:01 PM

Hi Cheryl, I went on a 3-day windjammer-schooner cruise in 1992, the port was in Maine and we went up and down the coast, mostly around Maine. I can tell you the scenery around there is spectacular. I would do the new england coast again in a second! The Ship is Timberwind, which docks in Rockport Harbor. Mel Gibson was filming/directing The Man Without a Face at the time, in the litlte town the ship docks in, and we were watching Mel with binoculars the morning before we sailed. We also interrupted the filming on the way to dinner in town before sailing. It was cool! Of course, I then saw Mel smoking a cigarette, which made me instantly lose interest in him as an actor.

Michelle

cherylroy July 4th, 2007 02:16 PM

Ditto on the cigarette! I think I will have to sail up that way - just for the scenery....and a different kind of cruise...........then I'll go back to alaska..lol

Michelle1959 July 4th, 2007 04:46 PM

I'd love to cruise Alaska in person; - I've done it vicariously through a Travel Channel Special.

dottiel July 4th, 2007 04:58 PM

A cruise to Alaska should not be missed!