Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 5th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Passenger

Default Irons on board...

In the brochure it says irons are not allowed in the rooms because of fire hazard... Do people bring them anyway or do they have a place where you can iron or what? I mean.. I'm sure they don't expect people to have wrinkled clothes..

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old July 5th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Administrator
Admiral

There are passenger, self service laundries on Carnival ships that have irons for passenger use.

You can also use a travel steamer, Downy Wrinkle Release, the steamy bathroom trick or send them out to be done. They have a full service laundry on board.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 7th, 2007, 12:08 AM
Passenger

I too was curious as to the irons issue. Do they search your luggage? Will they confiscate an "iron". I realize no one wants to start a fire, but come on. Anyone smuggle one on?
Old July 7th, 2007, 12:51 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by PERRY4OU
I too was curious as to the irons issue. Do they search your luggage? Will they confiscate an "iron". I realize no one wants to start a fire, but come on. Anyone smuggle one on?
Smuggling booze is one thing... smuggling an iron, and putting the safety of your fellow passengers at risk is simply RIDICULOUS.

Why one earth would you want to take the chance of starting a fire (the biggest hazzard at sea) just to make sure your shirt isn't wrinkled??????

Take a walk to the self service laundry rooms, and iron to your hearts content!!!!! But DON'T risk an accident you could regret the rest of your life.

Come on folks.. give your head a shake.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old July 7th, 2007, 09:47 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Yes, they will take an iron away from you! And, what Kuki said! Please don't put everyone else at risk because you can't go to the laundry to use the iron there .

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old July 8th, 2007, 11:44 AM
Admiral

Quote:
The thing is, no one ever MEANS to start a fire. That's what "accident" means.

If you don't want to trudge down to the self assist laundry, try Downy Wrinkle Release. It really does work.

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old July 8th, 2007, 09:33 PM
Admiral

You know, it really, really shouldn't be too hard to grasp--- the cruise lines put out information that's in the best interests of ALL the passengers---
As was said in another post, fire on a ship is the biggest risk to life and limb of both passengers and crew.
Yet, there are always those who try to bring candles, irons, etc. I'm surprised someone hasn't shown up with a grille, charcoal and jug of lighter fluid.

I have been on 26 cruises and have yet to mourn the absence of an iron.
If there's something that's so wrinkled I can't use it, I'll send it out to be pressed at the huge sum of a couple dollars.
Leave the irons at home but bring a bag full of common sense.
Old July 15th, 2007, 03:07 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron
You know, it really, really shouldn't be too hard to grasp--- the cruise lines put out information that's in the best interests of ALL the passengers---
As was said in another post, fire on a ship is the biggest risk to life and limb of both passengers and crew.
Yet, there are always those who try to bring candles, irons, etc. I'm surprised someone hasn't shown up with a grille, charcoal and jug of lighter fluid.

I have been on 26 cruises and have yet to mourn the absence of an iron.
If there's something that's so wrinkled I can't use it, I'll send it out to be pressed at the huge sum of a couple dollars.
Leave the irons at home but bring a bag full of common sense.
Thank you, well said, although I've only been on 2 cruises, 1 to Alaska, 1 to Caribbean, Carnival has everything you need at their laundry stations. If the wrinlkes are that bad consider sending out to have professionally pressed on ship.