CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   tide stick ok on carryon for airplane? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/335953-tide-stick-ok-carryon-airplane.html)

Michelle1959 July 7th, 2007 07:18 PM

tide stick ok on carryon for airplane?

just curious to know if they will confiscate my tide spot remover from my carry on luggage. AA states that "Household Items - Bleach, spray starch, insecticides, drain cleaners and solvents - are NOT allowed on carry ons. but I don't know if it is considered a solvent. Anyone have experience with this?

misguidedangel July 7th, 2007 07:32 PM

I packed my Tide-To-Go in my suitcases because I knew tey would take it. I suggest wearing something on the plane that you can just toss in the wash if it does get stained while enroute to your destination.

OzzyMom July 7th, 2007 07:38 PM

Hi Michelle:

A friend of mine had a Tide-to-go stick in his carry-on back when the regulations were first established. His Tide stick was confiscated and thrown away.

I just returned from a trip to Denver and discovered that I had flown roundtrip with a Tide stick in my purse. It was never questioned when going through security at either airport. :-? That may be one of the items they are more lenient on now.

Have Fun!

Sara (OzzyMom)

mehawk July 7th, 2007 11:36 PM

I have seen it taken away.

Michelle1959 July 8th, 2007 07:40 AM

ok thanks; maybe I'll leave it in the carry on and hope for the best. We're only using carryons,no checked luggage - if they take it, they take it. not a biggie

Dorothy July 8th, 2007 11:41 AM

The issue might he the size. If it's over 3 ounces, it's gone. They typically have the qt. sized bags at the beginning of the security line, but I take my own already packed up with my 3 ouncers.

I too, have seen them taken away. Maybe they just can't get past the shape? 8)

dorothy

cherylyoungklein July 8th, 2007 02:28 PM

options

Another option would be Shout Wipes that come in individual packets, or Shout Stain stick which is a solid roll on stain remover that works up to 7 days....not the gel form. (I use this at home and it is wonderful esp if you can't get your laundry done immediately)

The TSA issue I think with the Tide Stain stick is that it is a marker-like item which means the liquid is contained in the barrel...not only is the 3 oz rule apply here but as you mentioned the solvent rule would also apply.

People have mentioned that things get by TSA all the time. I am sure they do miss things from time to time...You hear those stories all the time. ....there is a lot to look for on those Xray screens. But the exception would not make it a rule. Bottom line, if you know it might be confiscated then be prepared to part with it.

SUSAN CURTIS July 8th, 2007 03:56 PM

If it really is "no biggie" I would leave it home instead up taking a chance of it's holding up the line and inconviencing others.