Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 7th, 2007, 10:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Self Assist Check Out

Today we ended a wonderful 6 night cruise on the Liberty.

Due to a scheduling change with the airline (which we booked on our own) our flight was moved to 9:15 am.

We did not think it was an issue as the airport is just a couple miles from the cruise port and we know from past experience that Carnival offers a self assist check out for their cruisers.

Yesterday we took the proper steps and notified the Purser's Desk of our early flight. They advised us to be on Deck 0 at 7am as we would be able to leave approximately at that time.

Later yesterday morning many guests from our ship (many of which were first time cruisers) attended the Debarkation Talk with the Cruise Director.

The CD advised that if you had an early flight you could do what we were told - be on Deck 0 at 7am.

Well, folks, what do you describe as early????

Most of the fellow cruisers that were with us at 7am this morning in the stairways to Deck 0 were on flights from 11:30a and on - one as late as 2p.

Though we had no control over the change, and everything did work out fine, we thought we would pass on a suggestion to those first time cruisers.

Stay on the ship as long as you can. Enjoy that last good nights sleep on those soft comfy beds or part take in the last breakfast you do not need to cook or clean up after.

Most times the ship will have you off and waving good bye from the sidewalk by 10a. Yes, there may be that occasion where they run into an issue with Customers or Immigration. However, that is very rare.

Have a great trip, safe sailing and enjoy.

RCCL Freedom of the Seas 2/10
Carnival Legend 2/09
Carnival Victory 2/08
Carnival Liberty 7/07
Carnival Valor 4/06
Carnival Celebration 4/05
Carnival Sensation 4/04
Sponsored Links
Old July 8th, 2007, 01:01 AM
Admiral

Good thoughts and did just that myself.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old July 8th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Admiral

I've NEVER understood the big rush to get off the ship at the end of a cruise, unless there was a good reason. (early flight like you had or something like that) We too stay aboard as long as we can, and enjoy a liesurely breakfast, and good conversatiion with our fellow guest. RELAX, and enjoy the last few hours, or minutes of your cruise.

Ken
Old July 8th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Admiral

I'm with Ken. I always found a spot that is usually crowded, has a great view and just sit back and relax for my last few precious moments. My dh jokes they have to drag me kicking and screaming away from the ship!

dorothy

CarnivalSensation February 2015
Carnival Dream November 2015

Carnival Fascination April 2014
Carnival Elation March 2011
Carnival Imagination Sept 2007
Carnival Sensation Dec 2006
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 2006
Carnival Miracle Sept 2005
Carnival Glory Sept 2004
Carnival Fantasy Jan 2004