Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 8th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Passenger

Default Two Miscellaneous Questions

We will be sailing on Sensation in less than a month! Yahoo! I have two miscellaneous questions:

Are there any special power strips that do or do not work in the cabins? Last year I brought the 5 plug strip panel with a short cord. When we got into the cabin, it didn't work. I thought it was faulty. However, when I got home and plugged it in, it worked fine. I was thinking maybe there was a voltage limit or something along those lines. I am going to purchase something else for this trip. Is there a special kind that works better for ease of use (ie - 6-in-1 plug vs. 3 plug adapter, etc.)?

Second question - I've read that many of the ships have a "secret" door. My son is curious if the Sensation has one and, if so, where is it?

Thanks for your help!

Sara (OzzyMom)
Fascination - 7/2006

Sponsored Links
Old July 8th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Captain

OzzyMom, the power strip you have should work fine. Each cabin has a 110V/60cycle/3 pin outlet to plug in your power strip. If the outlet you're trying to plug into has a different pin configuration than the strip, STOP, you are attempting to plug into the 220V receptacle. The pin configuration is different on these to prevent persons from plugging into the wrong source and smoking their appliance. I have read about that "secret door", but to my knowledge it leads onto the front deck which is for ship's company ONLY. I'd hate to see the captain make your son "WALK THE PLANK".
Glory (eastern) 12/2006
Destiny 01/2009
Old July 8th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

Someone did find the secret door on the Victory. I think they said it was Deck 9, one deck about the bridge. If it is for crew only then that is only fair that they have their own space