Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 9th, 2007, 10:51 PM
Passenger

Default Open Bar Cards

I was reading on here about an "open bar card" $200pp all you can drink during your cruise......

Is this true? and If so is it worth it? We went on a cruise a year ago and didn't hear anything about this.
Sponsored Links
Old July 9th, 2007, 11:55 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Open Bar Cards

Cost....approx $40/day. Only avail. to organized groups of 30+ adults. Only avail. if everyone within that organized group pays for the card.
Old July 10th, 2007, 07:41 AM
Admiral

I hadn't experienced that before.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old July 11th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

I have a group booked of 53 and we were never offered this. Imight have to check it out. Does anyone have additional information?
Old July 11th, 2007, 02:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

It might not be offered to you, ask your TA and if she doesnt know anything about it tell her to call someone in GROUPS at Carnival and they can explain it to her. The thing is EVERYONE in your group will have to get it, if 1 person says no then no one can get it. In a group of over 50 that might be hard to get everyone to agree on this. My price is $200 pp for a 5 day cruise, it is more for a longer cruise.

Danielle
Old July 11th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

Ok I got the answer from the TA it is 40 per day 280 for a 7 day cruise no drinks over 7.50 and you have to be a group, Since we are going for new years everything is blocked even group reservations There are af ew block out dates as well through out the year.
Old July 11th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

Great I am glad you were able to find out the answers for your group. So are you guys going to get it? I knew about the $7.50 limit on drinks but really that is MOST drinks. I think they told me the only thing that was over that was the TOP bar brand drinks which come in a cheaper version also.

Danielle
Old July 11th, 2007, 05:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Danielle unfortunately our group is travling during a black their black out dates no benefits not even group ones. We are 53 and we get zip o la can you believe it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBXX
Great I am glad you were able to find out the answers for your group. So are you guys going to get it? I knew about the $7.50 limit on drinks but really that is MOST drinks. I think they told me the only thing that was over that was the TOP bar brand drinks which come in a cheaper version also.

Danielle
Old July 11th, 2007, 05:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

Awe, that sucks for you guys. Are you guys going to at least get a OBC for having such a large group? My TA said our OBC grows as our group grows. So we get an OBC. I guess that is how it is for holidays, huh? You will still have fun no matter what, just might not get as drunk as you would have with the card, lol..

Danielle