Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 12th, 2007, 12:56 PM
First Mate

Default Carnival Glasses and Ice Pack!!!!

Ok, I have 2 questions to ask:

1). I have Carnival glasses that the Foo Foo drinks were in from last year on the Carnival ELATION. Now we are going on the Carnival DESTINY, can I bring them with us, instead of buying new ones?

2). I am going to bring a soft cooler with us for waters when we go on excursions. I want to bring an ice pack with us so we can fill it with water and freeze it, do you think the room steward would keep it in the freezer for us and give it to us when we need it?

Tweetybird
Sponsored Links
Old July 12th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Yes, You sure can bring your glass. Lots of experienced cruisers do just that.

I am not sure I would ask the Steward to freeze your pack, but if it is a chemical pack like I have, then leave it in your ice chest over night, with Ice, and it will be good for you the next morning.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old July 12th, 2007, 01:55 PM
First Mate

Luanne: Thanks, I will bring my glasses then. I wasn't sure if they change them or not.

I can't bring an ice chest, we are flying down to Puerto Rico. Maybe I can buy one of those cheap styrofoam coolers. Do you know if there is a store besides a liquore store where I can buy one? My ice pack is the type that you fill it up with water and freeze it, and after you finish with it, you empty the water out. So you don't think the room steward would freeze it for me?

Tweetybird
Old July 12th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Don't buy anything!!!!!! Tell your room Steward to bring you a plastic bucket. (Don't laugh, but when you are throwing up, this is what they give you. ) Have him keep ice in it, and bury the cold pack in it.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old July 12th, 2007, 02:05 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Carnival Glasses and Ice Pack!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetybird
Ok, I have 2 questions to ask:

1). I have Carnival glasses that the Foo Foo drinks were in from last year on the Carnival ELATION. Now we are going on the Carnival DESTINY, can I bring them with us, instead of buying new ones?

2). I am going to bring a soft cooler with us for waters when we go on excursions. I want to bring an ice pack with us so we can fill it with water and freeze it, do you think the room steward would keep it in the freezer for us and give it to us when we need it?

Tweetybird
O.K. Here are my answers.

1. You can but why would you want to. If you are flying in, the plastic foo foo glasses take us so much room and special care (they can crack) and will only save you $1 per drink. I say you get yourself another set (2) from the Destiny and start a collection.

2. It is not likely that the room steward will put anything of yours in his freezer. There would be all kinds of liability. Perhaps you can purchase something that can be filled with ice. The room steward will give you all the ice you desire.

Other question.

If you are flying into SJ, there is a small mall up the block from the ship. There is also a CVS or Rite Aid about one half mile up the hill walking away from the water.

I once purchased a foldable, insulated, soft-sided cooler that held 6 bottles or cans. The room attendant kept it filled with ice and it was small and lightweight enough that I could have taken it onshore at port if I had wanted to. I purchased it at a Target for less than $10. Something like that may be more suitable for the Destiny

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old July 12th, 2007, 04:13 PM
First Mate

Thank you so much for all of your helpful responses.

Leaving in 3 days and cannot wait! 8)
Old July 12th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Admiral

Happy cruzin'

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old July 12th, 2007, 05:21 PM
First Mate

Thanks I B CRUZIN: Thank you for all of your helpful information about the DESTINY Ship. I will let you know how it was.

Tweetybird