Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 13th, 2007, 09:20 PM
Beginner

Default Few questions about the Carnival Triumph

Hello all...
We are getting ready to book on the Carnival Triumph during the icky cold months, leaving out of Miami and I have a few questions. We are looking at cabin 8345, which is an inside cabin on the Verandah deck and knowing how well insulated the rooms are, I'm wondering if that's a good choice. I notice that there are a bank of elevators and looking at the deck above, it appears that we would be directly below the continent pool. I did call Carnival..but the gentleman was less than helpful.
My second question is regarding disembarkation. We haven't ever used the self assisted disembarkation and we are thinking about doing it on this cruise. Our choices for flights home would be a 11:15 am and the much later 4:30pm. I would just stress too much if we actually were to book the 11:15 one..however if we got to the airport (MIA) in time, we could possibly go on that one on standby. So my question is to all the wise folks...can we try for that morning flight using the earlier disembarkation without undoing all the relaxtion that a week of cruising has brought us?
Last question, if we don't do the early race off the ship..how late now can we hang out in our cabin? I've noticed several postings saying that they aren't as strict about shooing you out as early. I would much rather just kick back in the cabin and wait it out since we will probably be one of the last ones called.
Thank you ..and Happy Sailing to all! 8)
Sponsored Links
Old July 13th, 2007, 10:47 PM
Admiral

I was on the Verandah deck in an aft balcony on the Triumph. We did our own luggage and were off the ship about 5 minutes after the doors opened. We took our luggage down as close to the door as we could and waited. Wasn't bad at all.
I don't know the exact time they 'run' you out of the cabins but they want you out as soon as possible so they can start cleaning for the new embarkment in just a few short 4 hours or so.
I would not 'plan' to stay in the cabin.

Valor 2008
Triumph 2006
Fantasy 2004
Pride 2002
Imperial Maj 2001
Carnivalle 1994
Couple forgotten
Old July 13th, 2007, 11:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

I don't know why you wouldn't do the self disembarkation.. You get to stay in your cabin and you're first off the ship. You don't wait in lines, you breeze through customs and you're on the first shuttle to the airport.

I wouldn't do the 11am plane though.. especially if the ship is late or doesn't get the all clear from customs to start letting people off the ship in time. 11 is cutting it too close for me. We had a 1:30 flight and just made it!

I loved the Triumph.. Have fun!