Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 14th, 2007, 05:33 AM
Passenger

Default booking military fare on carnival question

Is it best to work directly with carnival
and book through them? or
can the room be held and booking transferred to any travel agent?

thanks for any tips nan
Sponsored Links
Old July 14th, 2007, 06:52 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

You should be able to book either way, although, I'd prefer a good travel agent. Best of luck and happy cruising.

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 14th, 2007, 07:22 AM
Captain

I book everything first with my PVP, then transfer it to a TA before final payment. That way my PVP gets credit. She is always glad to make any changes or hear from me. A TA is not always as glad to make changes I feel that adversely affect her commission.
Old July 14th, 2007, 04:10 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowers
I book everything first with my PVP, then transfer it to a TA before final payment. That way my PVP gets credit. She is always glad to make any changes or hear from me. A TA is not always as glad to make changes I feel that adversely affect her commission.
I am confused, what would be the advantage of transfering it to a TA instead of leaving it with your PVP. Does your TA still get a commission even after the PVP has done the work?

Cathy

Free Cruise Clocks
Carnival Conquest - 12/4/2005
Old July 14th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Admiral

The lady I use at Carnie acts just like any TA. I can get military or past guest which are as low as any TA I have checked with, she calls or emails me and checks up from time to time, I can call her anytime, she will lower the price if they have a pricebreak after I have purchased. So I see no reason to use a TA. But that is me.

Valor 2008
Triumph 2006
Fantasy 2004
Pride 2002
Imperial Maj 2001
Carnivalle 1994
Couple forgotten
Old July 14th, 2007, 06:47 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwr322
Quote:
I am confused, what would be the advantage of transfering it to a TA instead of leaving it with your PVP. Does your TA still get a commission even after the PVP has done the work?

Cathy
Yes, as I understand it, if you transfer the booking from your Carnival PVC to a TA, the TA will indeed get a comission on the booking. I don't know that there is any particular advantage to transferring the booking, unless you have a special relationship with a TA, and feel like you will get better, and more personalized service from your TA. Either can get the Military Discount, and both can give you excellent service on your booking. It's just a matter of preference IMO.

Ken
Old July 14th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Captain

Quote:

Cathy
Yes, and many TAs will discount Carnival. Costco will not only discount but has $15 insurance. I have a TA now who will give you a small OBC or whatever she can out of her commission, so we both benefit.

Prices fluctuate so much up and down and my parents are in ill health, that I dont want a TA to count on the commission until its getting close to final payment.

Carnival is one of the cruislines who allows discounting, even though a TA is not allowed to advertise lower prices. I have been shopping around to find the right TA, its not always easy to find a perfect match. Hopefully, I now have one who can do everything I need.

You will find it is not that unusual to book with the cruiseline and then transfer the booking to someone who can kick back a OBC, if not a lower price.
Old July 14th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
Quote:

Cathy
A travel agent works for you. A PVP works for Carnival.
Should something go wrong a TA has the ability to address it with the cruise line to represent you, and work to set things straight. Do you think a PVP working for Carnival is going to do their best to watch your interests?
Old July 15th, 2007, 01:16 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki
Quote:
Quote:

Cathy
A travel agent works for you. A PVP works for Carnival.
Should something go wrong a TA has the ability to address it with the cruise line to represent you, and work to set things straight. Do you think a PVP working for Carnival is going to do their best to watch your interests?
I understand that your TA is going to work harder for you, I guess I am just wondering why you wouldn't just start off with your TA in the first place?
Cathy

Free Cruise Clocks
Carnival Conquest - 12/4/2005