Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 18th, 2007, 07:28 PM
Captain

Default Has anyone done a transatlantic cruise in Nov. or Dec.?

My husband and I have been looking at transatlantic cruises. Has anyone on this board ever done a transatlantic cruise in November or December? I was just wondering about the weather and the ocean conditions during this time of year. The cruise we are considering is going from Barcelona, Spain to Galveston. If we do this cruise, we will probably fly over several weeks earlier so that we'll have time to see more of Europe. If you have been to Europe during the months of November and/or December, please tell me about it. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Libragirl
Sponsored Links
Old July 18th, 2007, 08:36 PM
First Mate

Contact me after November 11th and I will let you know. We are booked on the Carnival Freedom's relocation cruise starting October 28th.
05/03 Smokefree Paradise
08/04 Smokefree Paradise (8 days due to Francis)
01/07 Carnival Liberty
11/07 Carnival Freedom Transatlantic
05/08 Carnival Liberty
12/09 Carnival Pride
06/10 Carnival Glory
Old July 18th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Well I am sure after Nov 11th is a little late for you! OY

So the weather there isnt going to be ideal. It really is like the East Coast here, one day can be great and then bam the next 10 not so great!

Did you try googling weather patterns for the ocean and land? That is where I would start. I would hate to do a transatlantic and be stuck with some rough seas.

Carnival Spirit 11/07
Carnival Paradise 12/01
Carnival Elation 12/99
Old July 18th, 2007, 10:33 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSFP
Contact me after November 11th and I will let you know. We are booked on the Carnival Freedom's relocation cruise starting October 28th.
MTSFP,

How exciting!! Please tell us all about it when you get back.

Libragirl
Old July 18th, 2007, 10:39 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

We did a crossing last year on the Carnival Liberty. It was late October, and we had wonderful weather almost all the way across. Seas were certainly not all that rough either.

We LOVED the 25 hr days coming east to west too!
Old July 18th, 2007, 10:40 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvlgirl
Well I am sure after Nov 11th is a little late for you! OY

So the weather there isnt going to be ideal. It really is like the East Coast here, one day can be great and then bam the next 10 not so great!

Did you try googling weather patterns for the ocean and land? That is where I would start. I would hate to do a transatlantic and be stuck with some rough seas.
Marvlgirl,

The one we are looking at is RC Voyager, Dec 8 - Dec. 23, 2007. We have been told that the seas are rougher in the Atlantic during the winter months. If we don't do this one, we will probably do one in April, 2008. We recently took a transatlantic on the Grand Princess, so we know what to expect in April and May, as far as weather is concerned.

Thanks for your help. Libragirl
Old July 19th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Admiral

We did a med/trans-Atlantic crossing on 11.04.05. Most ports in Europe were wet and cold. If not wet, just cold.

The seas were fine after we got through the Strait of Gibraltar. That was the roughest seas for the whole trip. After the Azores it was nice the rest of the way to Galveston.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old July 19th, 2007, 10:29 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libragirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSFP
MTSFP,

How exciting!! Please tell us all about it when you get back.

Libragirl
I may even post mid-ocean for you if I feel up to it.

Truth be told, we are visiting friends on the ship who are entertainers - we only sail on ships that they are on so that we can enjoy their company and music.

We have also become "friends" with John Heald because of his blog - it is great to be able to interact with your CD months before you are sailing.

MTSFP
05/03 Smokefree Paradise
08/04 Smokefree Paradise (8 days due to Francis)
01/07 Carnival Liberty
11/07 Carnival Freedom Transatlantic
05/08 Carnival Liberty
12/09 Carnival Pride
06/10 Carnival Glory