CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   drink prices (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/336537-drink-prices.html)

southernbee July 19th, 2007 07:36 AM

drink prices

What are the prices for beer, wine and margaritas? These are what we will be drinking the most of and just want to refresh my memory of prices. I think if we order a bucket of beer that it is a little cheaper. I do know they have specials.

dina July 19th, 2007 08:41 AM

If your drinking beer, then buy it in the bucket.. its the best price.. $15 or so.. Drinks cost as much as going to a nice bar. $5+ depending on the beer... wine can go anywhere from $6+ per glass and ritas can go from $6+ depending.. the drink of the day is usually on "sale" but still not dirt cheap.

cwr322 July 19th, 2007 08:57 AM

The margaritas are delicious! We did buy a bucket of beer one afternoon, and only drank one of them so we took the rest back to our cabin. We did not have the frid. unlocked, so our cabin steward, without being ask to do so, put fresh ice in our bucket twice a day until we finally drank that beer. Our PVP had sent us a bottle of Champaign and he iced that down everyday also, until we finally had a chance to drink it.

Cathy

IBCRUZIN' July 19th, 2007 10:36 AM

A bucket of beer is $18 for four. $4.50 each. I think that is a bit pricey but I don't drink beer so I am not knowledgeable about the going rate for beer.

The drink specials in a regular glass are just about $5.00. Any other foo-foo drink is 4.95 - $5.95 depending on the drink plus tip. I find the foo-foo to be quite reasonable compared to the prices in your average bar/bistro. I also find that Carnial foo-foo's (all that I drink) are much cheaper (sometimes by half) than NCL and RCCL.

Phil&Liz July 19th, 2007 11:01 AM

Using the search feature here and entering Bar Prices On Board Plz??? is the name of the thread with some addtional info.

Someone on here awhile back posted a link to their photos where they had the actual bar menu scanned.

Don't forget the Captains party where a few select drinks are free for an hour.

Phil & Liz

carnie July 19th, 2007 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil&Liz

Phil & Liz

And if you have a good dinner time you can go to both Captain's Parties (one for early seating the other for late seating).

IBCRUZIN' July 19th, 2007 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil&Liz
Using the search feature here and entering Bar Prices On Board Plz??? is the name of the thread with some addtional info.

Someone on here awhile back posted a link to their photos where they had the actual bar menu scanned.

Phil & Liz

If you go to a bar during the Captain's party, all the drinks are free. They try to push the two or three pre-made drinks on you but just skip over to the bar and they will make you whatever you want.

msblackjack July 22nd, 2007 10:34 PM

I have the bar menu from May 07 - I don't have a scanner to put it in.. somewhere in the carnival thread I listed prices/

Speciality Cocktails are 4.50: inclues Blue Margarita, Margarita, and the other "Fun" drinks like Yellow Bird, Bahama Mama, etc - these drinks are on the rocks, not frozen

Frozen Exotic Drinks: 5.25 (in Souvenier Glass 7.75); includes Daquiri's Rum Runner, Miami vice, Mudslide, etc

Smoothies $4.25: Non-alcoholic smoothises available in all flavors "listed above" - assuming they men the Frozen Exotic Cocktails

adias.angel July 23rd, 2007 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IBCRUZIN'
If you go to a bar during the Captain's party, all the drinks are free. They try to push the two or three pre-made drinks on you but just skip over to the bar and they will make you whatever you want.

When we went to the captains party it was in the main show lounge. Isn't it always in the main show lounge? Is there a bar in the show lounge?

Thank you so much for the tip! Now I can get the virgin fufu drinks I like ;)

IBCRUZIN' July 23rd, 2007 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adias.angel
Quote:

Originally Posted by IBCRUZIN'

When we went to the captains party it was in the main show lounge. Isn't it always in the main show lounge? Is there a bar in the show lounge?

Thank you so much for the tip! Now I can get the virgin fufu drinks I like ;)

Virgin Foo-foo's!!!! Is there such a thing!!! LOL LOL Just kidding.

There is a bar in the show lounge. However, the dance club, karaoke bar and piano bars are all used for the Captain's party. And, yes, just walk up to the bar and order what you want. (Tip the bartender a few bucks though)

If the bartender gives you a hard time, just go to another bartender. Some of they do not realize that the captain's party includes "beverages"