Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 19th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Passenger

Default Paradise Beach?

We will be taking our first cruise on the Inspiration in August. I've been checking out Paradise Beach in Cozumel. Just curious to see what others thought of it. Sounds very reasonably priced and looks nice on the web site.

Do you have to take a taxi to the beach? How far is it from where you port? What is the price for the taxi?

I know I have a lot of questions.....Just getting kind of nervous/excited about our trip. Our two daughters (14 and 17) will also be with us.

Thanks

firsttimer 41
Sponsored Links
Old July 19th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Passenger

hHey firsttimer41, I cannot answer your questions since I have not had my cruise yet, but when in Auguat are you going? We are going August 13th on the Inspiration. I have heard that Paradise Beach is great.
Old July 19th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Passenger

Looks like we'll be on the same cruise as you!!!

I'm getting really excited and also a little nervous. After reading LOTS of posts, it's given me MORE to worry about....But I'm sure everything will be ok.
Old July 19th, 2007, 02:09 PM
Welcome Newcomer

We were there in 2005. There is an adult pool area that is not away from other public areas and my then 15 year old son got an eye full. Other then that it was nice but crowded. The drinks were strong and the beach area was very clean. Hope this helps!
Old July 19th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Passenger

Thanks for your information!!!!
Old July 19th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Beginner

Was there last week. It is about a 15 min. cab ride from the pier. Fare is $13. It is a very nice beach. There is no admission - they just want you to purchase food and drinks while you are there. I think you can pay $9 to use the trampolines and other toys.
Old July 19th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUMGWM
We were there in 2005. There is an adult pool area that is not away from other public areas and my then 15 year old son got an eye full. Other then that it was nice but crowded. The drinks were strong and the beach area was very clean. Hope this helps!
I think maybe you're remembering Orient Beach? I've never heard of topless (or more!) at Paradise Beach. I'm sure that the "boss" there wouldn't allow it .

At Paradise you're only asked to spend $10.00 pp on drinks or food and you get a chair, umbrella, and use of the beach. Boatman10 is right, if you want to use the water toys a $9 wristband allows the use of all non-motorized toys-iceberg, two water trampolines, kayaks, snorkeling and floats. Life vests are also included. There are also independent vendors offering snorkeling (farther out), parasailing, etc., for extra $$.

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old July 19th, 2007, 11:11 PM
Admiral

Sadly, Paradise Beach does not have a pool (adult or otherwise) ... so I don't know where the little one got an eye full.

It is a very well run beach resort. We have been there many times, 3 times just since October, and are headed back again in August.

As already stated, it is one of the few beach resorts that does not charge an admission fee or lounge chair fee. The $9 wristband is optional which is nice because our 2 boys can get it and hubby and I don't have to. (we sit in the shade)

Clean restrooms, changing rooms and internet at the bar...all free.

Food and drinks are good and safe. I think a regular frozen margarita is $7 (I think you can get a "yard" for $13) and a plate of cheese nachos is $6 or 7. I can't remember the prices of the beers. But they are pretty much in line with everyone else.

Plenty of taxis to get you there and back....so not to worry.

They do have lockers you can rent, if needed.

But the main thing is to arrive and feel at home. Don't be afraid to ask a question. They are there to take care of you and they do a wonderful job.

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old July 20th, 2007, 11:23 AM
Passenger

I am just amazed at what great replies I get on these boards. Thanks so much to everyone who has "been there, done that" and willing to take the time to helps us "first timers" out. Hopefully we can do the same someday.
Old July 20th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttimer41
I am just amazed at what great replies I get on these boards. Thanks so much to everyone who has "been there, done that" and willing to take the time to helps us "first timers" out. Hopefully we can do the same someday.
You will. No matter how much a person cruises, very few have been to every port. That is what is so wonderful about these boards...no matter how long you have been cruising...there are always new things to learn!!

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old July 21st, 2007, 12:22 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to mteague

You guys forgot to tell her about the beachside massages at Paradise Beach! We enjoyed the beach....By 10 AM we were seated in front row chairs sipping a huge bong glass filled with a Blue Hawaii (drinks are potent at Paradise Beach!) and munching on some nachos. We paid $9 to get a mat to float on. It was a great lazy day. I remember a band playing tropical music.....great service.....a huge bird.......and a little shop. The bathrooms were clean, in fact the whole place was neat....they even raked the sand.
Old July 22nd, 2007, 12:06 PM
Captain

Here is a great website to go to for Cozumel activities. If you go to "activities" and select "beaches" from the drop down menu, you will get a full list of beaches, including Paradise. We have been there several times and loved it.

We did have one experience there in Jan 2006 with 2 Topless women on the beach. The manager did ask them to cover up or leave (after 45 minutes), but this really is a great place for families.

The only drawback that we have (but it would never stop us from going here) is the sand along the water's edge. I would suggest water/beach shoes.

There is also a great little beach gift shop next to the bar and she has some great sarongs and beach wear at good prices, so you can spend your day on the beach and shop for a few souvenirs without having to spend all your time shopping in town.

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/
2005 Holiday, Sensation, Conquest,
2006 Conquest, Celebration, Holiday,
2007 Freedom Grand Med, Holiday
2008 Fantasy & Sensation,
2009 Fantasy, Holiday & Dream Grand Med
2010 Fantasy and B2B Elation
2011 Monarch of the Seas
2012 Booked - Breeze from Barcelona 12 days