Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 20th, 2007, 06:09 PM
First Mate

Default Has anyone sailed on Miracle recently?

Only two months to go until I sail on Miracle. I haven't seen much discussion or reviews about her recently. Has anyone been on her in the past few months? I heard she was supposed to go into drydock a few months ago for some upgrades and improvements - just in time for me to take advantage of them!

Please share you more recent reviews of her!
Old July 21st, 2007, 05:06 PM
Beginner

We just got off the Moracle on June 28th. It was my Me, my 2 sons, Mom, Dad and Aunt. We Loved the ship. We found it to be spotless. The staff was very friendly and accomadating. We had the early seating for Dinner and sat at table 157. Our servers name was Renante and he was wonderful, especially with the kids. We were in room 8175 and our stewards name was melvin. he was just "ok". Our room was alwasy clean and made up but he never went above and beyond that. We did not see much of him and had a hard time reaching him.
The CD's name is Brent Mitchell and he was OK as well. He was funny when you saw him. We just didn't see him much. There was a great Social director on board names Jennifer who we saw a lot.
The food was great and desserts were terrific as well.
We saw a few shows that were good and entered a few contests. My son was determined to win a "ship on a stick" and finally did in a trivia contest. The water slide was tons of fun and open all week.
All in all, we had a fantastic time aboard this beautiful ship ands would do it again in a second. We are from NJ and drove to the dock that morning.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask away.
We did do nick and Nora's supper club the night we docked in Old San Juan. It was totally empty that night but we were served like royality.

Dee
Old July 22nd, 2007, 04:28 AM
First Mate

Hi lumofny,

While it has been a little more than a year (boy time goes by fast), I'm sure the ship hasn't changed that much.

We had a great time on the Miracle as I'm sure you will.

I have some pictures of the ship which I would be happy to share with you. Just let me know.

Carnival - Spirit: Alaska (August 8, 2007)
Carnival - Miracle: Exotic Western Caribbean (April 9, 2006)
Royal Caribbean - Explorer of the Seas: Eastern Caribbean (January 2005)
Old July 22nd, 2007, 08:49 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRen
Hi lumofny,

While it has been a little more than a year (boy time goes by fast), I'm sure the ship hasn't changed that much.

I have some pictures of the ship which I would be happy to share with you. Just let me know.
I'd love to see some!
Old July 22nd, 2007, 08:56 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee0747
We just got off the Moracle on June 28th. It was my Me, my 2 sons, Mom, Dad and Aunt. We Loved the ship. We found it to be spotless. The staff was very friendly and accomadating. We had the early seating for Dinner and sat at table 157. Our servers name was Renante and he was wonderful, especially with the kids. We were in room 8175 and our stewards name was melvin. he was just "ok". Our room was alwasy clean and made up but he never went above and beyond that. We did not see much of him and had a hard time reaching him.
The CD's name is Brent Mitchell and he was OK as well. He was funny when you saw him. We just didn't see him much. There was a great Social director on board names Jennifer who we saw a lot.
The food was great and desserts were terrific as well.
We saw a few shows that were good and entered a few contests. My son was determined to win a "ship on a stick" and finally did in a trivia contest. The water slide was tons of fun and open all week.
All in all, we had a fantastic time aboard this beautiful ship ands would do it again in a second. We are from NJ and drove to the dock that morning.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask away.
We did do nick and Nora's supper club the night we docked in Old San Juan. It was totally empty that night but we were served like royality.

Dee
When did you arrive at the terminal? How long from when you arrived until when you stepped on this ship? Did you book this particular cabin or a guarantee? Were you upgraded? If you been with another cruise line or on another carnival ship, how would you say the food compared? Where were your ports of call? What excursions, if any, did you do? Any booked through Carnival or did you arrange your own? What time did you arrive back to NYC? How long after were you off the ship?

Finally, anything that you would definitely recommend doing again, onboard or in any of the ports? Anything thats too good to miss?

Thanks!
Old July 23rd, 2007, 11:40 AM
Beginner

Just got back 7/17 on the Miricle out of NY. Ship was good. Our steward was the absolute worst, but we were determined not to let it ruin the trip. We took three girls and our son. We had 2 roooms. the girl's room steward was great. our room was the only room in the hall to be serviced by our steward and then he had the other side of the elevator. I had to complain many times about him taking our pool towels and not returning them ( you don't want to loose those at $22 each) We never could get more than 2 even though there were 3 in the room. sorry - I'm done venting

We were in San Juan andy my son and I loved the bio luminesence kayak trip. it is a long drive to get thee (book from the ship - we arrived back on baord at11:50 from our excursion for a midnight departure and were sure glad we did) you kayak in a group through a narrow river to a lagoon that glows with micro organizims. kayaking is eay - but very dark. lots of laughs and frustration from other kayakers running into you. It was fun and a wonderful experience. the glowing water was memorable. We snubaed at coki beach in st thomas and visited the baths in tortola . our girls snorkeled in tortola off a catamaran (there were cool caves to explore) and then were taken to a quiet beach to snorkel more - that was a great excursion but I could only get 4 spots. My son and I really enjoyed that baths though.

I'm not inpressed with carnival, we booked for dates, port origination and price (the girls were on a very limited budget). 2 of the girls never cruised before and loved it - they kareokeed every night. our daughter has been on other lines and much prefered them to carnival - as we did.
We will never use carnival again - but still had a great vacation

one thought I had the whole time - who decorated that place! it is the oddest assortment of materials and decor that I have ever seen. Somebody's girlfriend must have gotten the contract
Old July 23rd, 2007, 04:30 PM
Passenger

Just got off Miracle Sunday. This was our 17th cruise and our first on Carnival. They've gone from Zoo to Zombie. People were asking "where's the fun?" The lack of shipboard activities was surprising especially with all the time at sea. The most excitement came on our return to Manhatten when the bow tried to remodel the pier next to ours, leaving a big dent and scrape on the starboard side.
Overall impression... I'd give the Miracle a C. They need to refurb the dining room{It looks like the Skittles' Grotto} and put some enthusiasm back into the crew.
Old July 24th, 2007, 12:44 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumofny
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRen
Hi lumofny,

I'd love to see some!
Go the the "interactive feature" on the upper menu and do a search for "Dorothy." I have 2 zillion pictures of the Miracle posted. I swear I must have taken one of every square inch of that ship!

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old July 24th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Captain

Default Re: Has anyone sailed on Miracle recently?

Quote:
Only two months to go until I sail on Miracle. I haven't seen much discussion or reviews about her recently. Has anyone been on her in the past few months? I heard she was supposed to go into drydock a few months ago for some upgrades and improvements - just in time for me to take advantage of them!

Lumofny

Sounds like you are sailing the same week I am 9/24. Keep me posted on the reviews. I'm so excited
RCI Monarch of The Seas 1998
Ecstasy 2000
Carnival Miracle 9/24/07
Upcoming Fascination 11/5/09
Old July 24th, 2007, 11:44 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe323
Quote:

Lumofny

Sounds like you are sailing the same week I am 9/24. Keep me posted on the reviews. I'm so excited
We got a great deal on this cruise for around $300 per person. I think the TA messed up the pricing, as its close to $1000 a person for an inside on Carnival.com. Anyways its sure to be a great week. This will be my third cruise, and my wifes second. Our first together was last June out of NYC for our honeymoon. This one coming up in September will be for our first anniversary and our first sailing with Carnival.

We live in Central NY so crusing from NYC is great for us. Only an hour flight, 6 hour drive, or a 5 hour bus trip and we're there!
Old July 26th, 2007, 12:03 PM
Captain

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe323
Quote:

Lumofny

We got a great deal on this cruise for around $300 per person. I think the TA messed up the pricing, as its close to $1000 a person for an inside on Carnival.com. Anyways its sure to be a great week. This will be my third cruise, and my wifes second. Our first together was last June out of NYC for our honeymoon. This one coming up in September will be for our first anniversary and our first sailing with Carnival.

We live in Central NY so crusing from NYC is great for us. Only an hour flight, 6 hour drive, or a 5 hour bus trip and we're there!
I could not agree more this time I am sailing with a bunch of friends from my office in NYC. I live in Staten Island. Only bad thing is my girlfriend can't go cause she has to work. Anyway she is going to drop me at the port so new busses tranfers etc. What a relief.

Our group is about 8 Cabins so you'll see us around
RCI Monarch of The Seas 1998
Ecstasy 2000
Carnival Miracle 9/24/07
Upcoming Fascination 11/5/09
Old July 26th, 2007, 09:02 PM
Beginner

When did you arrive at the terminal? How long from when you arrived until when you stepped on this ship? Did you book this particular cabin or a guarantee? Were you upgraded? If you been with another cruise line or on another carnival ship, how would you say the food compared? Where were your ports of call? What excursions, if any, did you do? Any booked through Carnival or did you arrange your own? What time did you arrive back to NYC? How long after were you off the ship?

Finally, anything that you would definitely recommend doing again, onboard or in any of the ports? Anything thats too good to miss? We arrived at the terminal about 11:00. We have connections at the docks and had VIP checkin, so I can't comment on how long it would have taken us to get on the ship. The line did look long to me. We were on the boat in time for lunch. They would not allow anyone to go to the rooms until after 1:00.

We booked directly with Carnival and picked our own rooms. We had an extended balcony room. I shared mine with 2 sons and my Aunt. It was a little tight. There was plenty of stoage space though.

This was my first cruise so I have nothing to compare it with. I loved the buffets and different stations. I especially loved the Ceaser Salads that you get at the Pizza Station. You need to request it. They dont usually have them sitting out. We were very happy with the dinner choices and my kids loved the food. We had no problem requesting more food and ordering more dishes for the table.

We arranged our own excursions. It worked out to be much cheaper. In Old San Juan we took a tour with a tour co that was sitting there waiting as soon as you get off the ship. It was $20 PP and the driver was very funny and informative. We made quite a few stops for pictures and to see the Courthouse. It was a 2 hour tour.

In St Thomas, we had booked a tour on our own with Sunny Liston. We did the 2 hour shopping, 2 hour tour with stops on the mountain top for the world famous Banana daquari and then Sapphire Beach. We were not that crazy abt that beach. We wanted Meagans Bay but the tour guide pushed us into Sapphire and I would not go there again. My son did have fun snorkling but there are a lot of shells while stepping into the water and it goes from shallow to deep in a few steps. The cost for this tour was $25PP.

Tortolla was our favorite. We took a taxi for $6 each to Garden cane beach. It was gorgeous. I wished we had longer to stay there but by 12:00 we were headed back to the ship.

I agree with an above poster who said that there was not enough to do at Sea Days. They could have had more contests and activities by the pools. Get people more involved. Instead the 2 main pools were overcrowded and all you could do if you got in was bob up and down.
My son loved the trivia contests so we started looking for those more.
I would def try Carnival again and the Miracle as well.

We got off the boat the same way we got on. We were off by 9:30.

Dee
Old July 26th, 2007, 11:48 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi!

My family is booked on the Miracle for August and it is our first family cruise.

I am very disappointed in the posts lately, here and other places, that state there is not enough to do. We have 4 children aged 16, 15, 13 and 13 and if they, and we, are going to be bored I will cry .

Can any of you that sailed with teens give me an idea of what THEY thought about the cruise? Where they hung out. What they did.

I know the 16 year old is thrilled with unlimited food but with so many sea days on this itinerary there will NEED to be more than that.

Thanking you in advance for your time.
Old July 27th, 2007, 07:47 AM
Beginner

Don't cry. lol
My older son is 13. He was going to try the group from 12-14 but at that cruise the teens were very obnoxious and after the first night of spending a little time with them, that was that. He never did again. My younger son is 8 and the 2 of them ended up playing basketball, pingpong, did the slide A LOT and hung out by the pool and with us. As I said, I would have loved to see a lot more stuff going on at the main pools such as contests, better music and dancing. For my 1st cruise I just expected a little more.

There were a bunch of teens of just walked around in packs pack in fouth accross the ship. They actually were into the Goth look and we laughed every time we saw them walking back and forth all in black and long sleeve even though it was 90 degrees all week. lol

I really can't comment on what a 16 year old would have to do but from what I have been hearing, it is not much.

My boys were thrilled with the food and spent a lot of time eating and enjoying the free around the clock ice-cream.

I hope you enjoy the cruise. We def did but as far as teens being entertained, I guess it all depends who they find to hang out with and what kinds of things they like to do.

Dee
Old July 27th, 2007, 08:28 AM
Beginner

every cruise to the carribean Ive been on has had packs of kids just roaming around the ship. I don't get it. They aren't at the pool, they aren't at the events, they just roam. My kids ( this time 18,18,17,11 found lots to do and enjoyed themselves. I am always amazed how we see these groups of 8-12 or more kids running around in the halls, the elevators doing nothing!! I was on the miricle in the gatsby gardens juwt a couple of weeks ago quietly reading. thew same kids would run down the hall, (seemingly to the arace) and less than 2 minute later run back down the hall again. 5 minutes later runn up the hall again, again down the hall. They punch all the elevator buttons, sit down in groups on the floor of the elevators going up and down all day. Idon't get it. I also guess I don't get parents who take kids on a vacation and just ignore them the whole trip. I'm not sure who lays to blame but I makes me sad and irritated that these packs of kids just roam.
Old July 28th, 2007, 11:34 PM
Beginner

Default Miracle

Hi, I'm new here. My fiance and I cruised on Celebrity's Millenium this past March to the Carribean, and we are now looking at taking 22 of our nearest and dearest to St. Thomas on board the Carnival Miracle for our wedding. I'm very interested in hearing people's opinions of the ship. It will be our first time on Carnival, although her parents have been on Carnival twice in the 90's. Most of our group has never cruised and the median age would be around 35 to 40.

Thanks in advance!!!
Old July 30th, 2007, 10:33 PM
Passenger

Hello,

Just got off the Miracle today. It was a fun cruise, but I agree that there needs to be more activities onboard. I stayed in a balcony room on the 7th floor and our steward also "forgot" to replace the beach towels, we had to chase him down for them daily, although he did keep our room beautifully clean.

Kids running WILDLY throughout the halls needs to be addressed by Carnival. This should NEVER be allowed. Happened in the Horatio dining room on deck 9, too, and at one point, an angry group of people yelled "SHUT UP" to a particularly obnoxious gang.

You will NEVER see the CD Brent roaming around onboard, although he will tell you during his shows that he is "always" around.

The dance team and singers were the worst I have ever seen on any cruise line. Lead singers were absolutely awful. I know now the pain Simon Cowell must feel after sitting through auditions.

Tortola was BEAUTIFUL, but they only give you a few hours there. Skipped the Carnival tours and went with a group by taxi all over the island and wound up at Long Bay Beach (where the Pirates movies were filmed) all for $10! Loved Tortola.

Too long in Puerto Rico, shopping district had rotting garbage in the streets. Went on the shopping tour and stopped only at the Capitol building and Fort San Cristobal. Could have walked there in 15 minutes and saved the $37.

St Thomas - do NOT miss Magen's Bay beach, beautiful! Can do snorkeling, kayaking, etc. Skip the Carnival run excursions and just jump in a cab ($8 pp), $4 to get on beach, $5 to rent a chair for the day.

Food was very good in my opinion, but SKIP Nick and Nora's, a complete ripoff and for $30 extra. I've had a better lobster tail at Red Lobster. Complete waste of money.

Embarkation was a NIGHTMARE. People were rude, and we waited in line for over two hours, even though we had completed all paperwork online and there was supposed to be a "funpass quickpass line". There wasn't. Cattle getting herded is what comes to mind when embarking.

Once on the ship, the staff were very nice. Brandon, one of the assistant cruise directors (I guess) was the best bingo caller, all the others, especially "BIG SEXY" flew through the games as if they were on fire.

All in all, I DID have a great time. I went with a work friend and the time just flew by.

Have a great time!
Old July 31st, 2007, 06:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy22204
Hello,

Just got off the Miracle today. It was a fun cruise, but I agree that there needs to be more activities onboard. I stayed in a balcony room on the 7th floor and our steward also "forgot" to replace the beach towels, we had to chase him down for them daily, although he did keep our room beautifully clean.

Kids running WILDLY throughout the halls needs to be addressed by Carnival. This should NEVER be allowed. Happened in the Horatio dining room on deck 9, too, and at one point, an angry group of people yelled "SHUT UP" to a particularly obnoxious gang.

You will NEVER see the CD Brent roaming around onboard, although he will tell you during his shows that he is "always" around.

The dance team and singers were the worst I have ever seen on any cruise line. Lead singers were absolutely awful. I know now the pain Simon Cowell must feel after sitting through auditions.

Tortola was BEAUTIFUL, but they only give you a few hours there. Skipped the Carnival tours and went with a group by taxi all over the island and wound up at Long Bay Beach (where the Pirates movies were filmed) all for $10! Loved Tortola.

Too long in Puerto Rico, shopping district had rotting garbage in the streets. Went on the shopping tour and stopped only at the Capitol building and Fort San Cristobal. Could have walked there in 15 minutes and saved the $37.

St Thomas - do NOT miss Magen's Bay beach, beautiful! Can do snorkeling, kayaking, etc. Skip the Carnival run excursions and just jump in a cab ($8 pp), $4 to get on beach, $5 to rent a chair for the day.

Food was very good in my opinion, but SKIP Nick and Nora's, a complete ripoff and for $30 extra. I've had a better lobster tail at Red Lobster. Complete waste of money.

Embarkation was a NIGHTMARE. People were rude, and we waited in line for over two hours, even though we had completed all paperwork online and there was supposed to be a "funpass quickpass line". There wasn't. Cattle getting herded is what comes to mind when embarking.

Once on the ship, the staff were very nice. Brandon, one of the assistant cruise directors (I guess) was the best bingo caller, all the others, especially "BIG SEXY" flew through the games as if they were on fire.

All in all, I DID have a great time. I went with a work friend and the time just flew by.

Have a great time!

Hi did you happen to catch Music Boardwalk at Frankie and Johnnies? They're a great cover band. Hope you didn't miss them. Mary49
Old July 31st, 2007, 09:15 PM
Passenger

Hi Mary49,

Yes, I did happen to catch Music Boardwalk and they were AWESOME! They were so good that at first I thought they were lip synching! I wrote on my comment card that they were great and only wish I had gone to their shows instead of the tacky Phantom ones!
Old July 31st, 2007, 11:42 PM
First Mate

Lumofny:
Sorry I didn't reply earlier. It's 1 week until our next cruise and I'm stressing. While I probably don't have as many ship pictures as Dorothy, you can still get a good look at the ship. Do a search for RobRen in the Photo Gallery section. It's the Exotic Western Caribbean.

Velliment
We went last year during spring break when our son was 15. He had a blast. He really liked the "teen director" and the nightclub for kids his age. There were hundreds of kids on board in his age group and they were always on the go. We rarely saw him, he was always running off to one event or another or meeting a group of kids. You could see the kids in packs throughout the ship but they were always well behaved. It was great watching a group of 15-20 kids talking and laughing. Although my DH and I personally like Royal Caribbean better, our son likes Carnival so that's what we will be cruising on for a while. As you know, when your teen is happy it's a good vacation. When your teen isn't happy, it's ...well you know!

Carnival - Spirit: Alaska (August 8, 2007)
Carnival - Miracle: Exotic Western Caribbean (April 9, 2006)
Royal Caribbean - Explorer of the Seas: Eastern Caribbean (January 2005)