Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 22nd, 2007, 10:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Review of the Liberty

Finally, a few minutes to post our review of our 7/1/07 sailing of the Carnival Liberty.

This is our 4th cruise and by far the smoothest check in we have ever experienced.

Flew into Ft. Lauderdale the day ahead and stayed at the Ramada Airport/Cruiseport. Great shuttle service from the airport and smooth to the cruise port. Signed up upon check in for our am shuttle to the ship. Rates also included breakfast (which was nice).

Arrived at the cruise port by 11:15am. The bus driver unloaded luggage and the porters were right there to help you out. We headed inside and had to wait for 1 person in line in front of us (yes, we did our fun passes ahead of time). We checked in, took care of the credit card info and were in receipt of our sail & sign cards.

The wonderful staff on hand directed us to another area where we believed we would have to wait to board the ship (as this is what we have always had to do in the past). Well, not this time The area they directed us to was to have our boarding photo taken and then right onto the ship. By 12p we were in the Lobby bar having our first of many umbrella drinks

Since we could not get to our rooms until 1:30p this gave us time to have a relaxing lunch on the Lido deck. The kids were ready to check things out.

We all met back on the floor to wait for the doors to open. Great balcony room on the Upper deck in the front of the ship. Kids were in an inside room across the hall.

Once we unloaded our carry on luggage, it was off to tour the ship. The spa, the Camp Carnival area, the bars and dining room.

We requested early seating for dinner. Were assigned late. Stopped in the DR to see the Maitre'd. He was very nice and said they would see what they could do. We attended the late seating that night and loved it. Now we are hooked. Thanked them but stayed with the 8:30p seating.

The shows on this ship were great. Wonderful dancers and comedians. Kudos to Todd the Cruise Director. After 3 cruises didn't expect much in the way of getting guests involved. Boy, were we wrong. Todd was great at getting everyone (young and old) to participate in all types of new activities (never seen on other ships).

This cruise had us participating in something we never thought would happen. We were part of a search/rescuse and recovery at sea. Yes, we were on the ship where a gentleman jumped into the water.

Have to say that it is one thing to think that someone is out there, but when you actually hear them yell for help, it becomes so sureal.

Our ports of call were Freeport, Grand Cayman and Costa Maya.

Stayed on the ship in Freeport since we stopped is Nassau the past 2 years.

Tendered in to Grand Cayman and took a taxi ($5 prs) to 7 mile beach. Enjoyed the ocean and beach from 8:30a until 11:45a. Took another cab back to the port and had lunch, did some shopping and stopped for a drink in Margaritaville.

Costa Maya was wonderful. We enjoyed the port area while our daughter had her hair braided. We then took a bus into the fishing village ($3 prs) where we enjoyed a relaxing day.

Enjoyed a massage on the beach as well as wonderful lunch and great beverages. 6 of us ate, drank and had 3 massages all for $110.

Then back to the port area for a drink before boarding the ship.

By far our best cruise yet.

However, believe it was easier to leave the ship knowing that we were just a little of 200 days until our next cruise.

Would be happy to answer any questions, please just let us know.

Safe sailing.

RCCL Freedom of the Seas 2/10
Carnival Legend 2/09
Carnival Victory 2/08
Carnival Liberty 7/07
Carnival Valor 4/06
Carnival Celebration 4/05
Carnival Sensation 4/04
Sponsored Links
Old July 23rd, 2007, 10:54 AM
Admiral

Great review. Very thorough. I too was on the Liberty and believe it may have been my best cruise ever.

It is obvious that some of Carnival's best crewmembers are on that ship. Everything seems to run so smooth.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old July 23rd, 2007, 11:50 AM
Passenger

Thanks for the review. We are leaving Sunday on the Liberty. We are really excited!!

Old July 23rd, 2007, 01:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to David148 Send a message via Yahoo to David148

Great Review!!

Thanks for posting it! sounds like you had a good time, we will be on this ship in 48 dayss! and i am soo excited!!!

-David.
9/07/2009 - Carnival Destiny
Old July 23rd, 2007, 03:16 PM
Passenger

Todd was great!
I have never slept so comfortable on a vacation, the beds were amazing. This was our first cruise and it will not be our last. Baskara (sp) room steward was great and Rachel in the Silver Olympian dining room all I can say is WOW

Old July 24th, 2007, 05:22 PM
Admiral

Thanks for the review, glad you enjoy your cruise.
Old July 24th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Passenger

I'll be leaving on the Liberty for my first cruise on sunday! We are making the same stops you are.

We're going scuba diving with Xanadu at Freeport, Doing a shore dive, lunch and visiting friends who live on Grand Cayman, and Going to the ruins and HOPEFULLY finding where you got that massage in Costa Maya.

I'm actually pretty nervous about my first cruise. We have an inner stateroom on the Riviera deck. It was a christmas present from my in-laws.

Sounds like I got a good ship!
Old July 24th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Passenger

Toribear5, We will be cruising with you on the liberty on Sun.

Old July 25th, 2007, 09:05 AM
Passenger

Glad you had a nice time. We cruised on the Liberty a year and a half ago, our best cruise yet also. Though I have yet to experience nothing but the best. These cruises are what you make of them.

So, what happened to the jumper? Did he get rescued and was all well?