Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 24th, 2007, 02:05 PM
Passenger

Default Cruise ? (Ecstasy, Galveston)

I have a few questions since I/We have never been on a cruise.
1. Is it better to have a room up near the front of the ship or towards the back? What about left side or right side of the ship?
2. Does it really make a difference?
3. Can you request an upgrade when you get on board, if so how do you do this and how likely are we to get one?
4. Do they automatically charge your credit card for tips on the first day or when you leave?
5. Do they charge for tips for departure day or just for each night on board?
6. Can you really put the beds together for a King or is it too close for comfort?
7. Can you bring non-alcoholic beverages on board? How about a cooler?

Thanks for you time, I know I have too many questions.

Hook'em
Sponsored Links
Old July 24th, 2007, 02:38 PM
First Mate

Hope you don't mind advice from a SOONER.

1. I have not noticed a great deal of difference between the front or the back as far as cabins go. Most people prefer middle of the ship, because of closer proximity to the central elevators.
2. Not in my opinion, they all go to the same ports.
3. Chances are very slim for getting an upgrade after you board. Basically all the cabins are the same unless you can spring for a balcony or a suite. Granted, some lower deck cabins have bunk beds, but in general, there is little difference between an outside cabin on any deck or an inside cabin on any deck.
4.Tips are billed per day, to your card.
5. 5 day cruise, $50.00, 7 day, $70.00 etc...
6. The beds will be moved together for a couple unless you request they stay apart. They provide plenty of room either way.
7. You can bring a limited amount of drinks on board. You could bring a cooler, a colapsable one is best.

Welcome aboard! Ask any questions you have, someone here will usually have the answer. Ecstasy is a nice ship, you should enjoy her.
Old July 24th, 2007, 03:00 PM
Captain

Horns4ever;
That SOONER GUY answered your questions right on the money. In a cabin location I try to find one that is located between decks with cabins. It is usually a bit quieter. The ones bellow the Galley, and the clubs can get a bit noisey at times. Any cabin on a cruise is fine with me. When are you going on the Ecstasy? We are on her in Jan. Looking forward to her. Enjoy your first cruise, and don't hesitate to ask questions.
Gary
Glory Western 2-07
Ecstasy 01-08
Ecstasy Feb. 1st. & Feb. 6th. 2010 B to B
Freedom 12-12-10
Freedom 09-24-11
Triumph 09-10-12
Triumph 09-15-12
Triumph 09-23-13
Triumph 09-28-13

Old July 24th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Captain

Supposedly, lower and in the middle cabins have the least movement. Forward and aft would have the most. Unless you hit a storm, you probably wouldnt care, lol.

EZCruiseparking.com is running a special for Ecstasy parking right now. Its $30 for either 4 or 5 day cruises. They must be missing all those ships which pulled out of Galveston as I have never seen their parking on sale. I just went and paid my $30 for next January.

enjoy
Old July 24th, 2007, 10:28 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to territrob Send a message via Yahoo to territrob

I second the tip on the EZ Cruise parking. I went to their website last month and it's really easy. Parking at the port is $50!

Old July 24th, 2007, 11:32 PM
Admiral

Midship is better for stablelization, otherwise it doesn't matter. I think the rest of your questions have been answered. You can bring non alcoholic beverages on borad and a cooler but no booze. As for the cooler, yes keep it a colapsable one, if for no other reason, a regular one looks tacky and it is things like that which gives Carnival a bad name.

Nita
Old July 25th, 2007, 12:53 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita
You can bring non alcoholic beverages on borad and a cooler but no booze. Nita
I thought the stated policy now was you can bring 1 bottle of wine per passenger. Iv seen some who pushed this policy. Like bringing 2 in the carry on and 2 in the checked for 2 people or whatever. No hard liquor though if that is what you mean per their written policy.
Old July 25th, 2007, 10:42 AM
Passenger

Thanks for the answers ReverendJeff (aka SOONER GUY). I will be going on Ecstasy on August 20. Will definitely use all the good advice. Thanks Flowers for the tip on parking.

Hook'em