Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 24th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Passenger

Default rooms on the bottom deck in the back of Liberty........

I'm going on my first cruise (Liberty) in 5 days and I'm really nervous about where my room is.

We have an inner stateroom on the Riviera deck on Liberty and it's right by the back of the boat. Will I be feeling major vibrations from the propellers?

Are you more or less likely to get seasick the lower you are or the higher you are?

Has anyone had rooms on the bottom in the back and could tell me about them?

Thank you sooo much, I'm so excited for this!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old July 24th, 2007, 10:19 PM
Captain

Probably only when they are pulling out of ports. Thats when those thrusters are engaged and cause the vibration. I was in the aft recently and only noticed it once when I was in my cabin, but noticed it in the dining room more for some reason.

The vibration doesnt go on all the time so don't worry.
Old July 25th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Admiral

I was on the Liberty on the Riviera Deck in cabin 1426 (Cat. 1A inside). I loved that cabin. I never felt any more motion than anywhere else in the ship, the hall was very quiet becuase it was in the back and I was right around the corner from the aft (back) elevator bank. This is the one that takes you right up into the buffet, by the aft pool and to both dining rooms. It is the least used of all the elevators.

Being on the Riviera on port day is great because you don't have to wait for the elevator to get off the ship. Yuo just walk down the long hall and skip down the stairs and the gangway is right there.

I liked the back of the Riviera Deck and I am sure you will do.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old July 25th, 2007, 11:36 AM
Passenger

Oh my gosh you made me feel SOOOOO much better, thank you very much. My husband and I have to high tail it out at a couple of ports to go scuba diving so this will make things easier.

I'm glad I finally know what "aft" means. The back?

Thanks again
Old July 30th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Beginner

I think you'll find you actually feel LESS movement down on the Riviera Deck than you would higher up. It's like being in a tall building (best example I could think of) on a windy day. the higher up you are, the more you feel the sway. Enjoy your cruise! We sail on Liberty in October and can't wait!!!!!
Old July 30th, 2007, 11:40 PM
Captain

when we cruise we get inside cabin midship on the riviera we never feel
movment of the ship we always it quiet on the riviera another reason we
like the riviera deck is when your in port and your go ashore its real easy
to get off and off the ship you only have one flight of stair up and down