Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 25th, 2007, 04:05 AM
Beginner

Default nude sun bathing

what's the skinny on nude tanning?
My girlfriend and I are planning a cruise on the CARNIVAL MIRACLE.
It will be my first cruise.
I enjoy nude tanning from the privacy of my home.

Question 1: Are there options for nude tanning on the ship?

Question 2: I've heard the term topless thrown around. Since men are often "topless" by default, am I excluded from enjoying the experience?

Question 3: Assuming there is nude tanning available, and as a man I am permitted to be present on the said "deck", is it socially acceptable for me to do so either with my girlfriend or solo?

I am not intending to "hit" on other guests, nor do I intend to make any likeness of the other guest's images. I simply want to enjoy a little nude sun bathing while I'm on the cruise.

I have other questions too. like... How private are such areas? Is it ok for me to converse with other naked people? How many people would typically be there? Is it likely that I would be the only male sun bather, and as such be regarded as some kind of weirdo? Are non-bathers allowed in these areas?
Sponsored Links
Old July 25th, 2007, 08:04 AM
First Mate

There used to be an adults only deck on Carnival ships which allowed this, however, they have since been done away with.

Many ports have beaches where you can get a tan, however, you won't be able to do this anymore from the ship.

What sailing of Miracle were you looking at? My wife and I will be on her Sept 24th...just two months to go!
Old July 25th, 2007, 09:49 AM
Beginner

Best wait to your on shore and find a secluded beach. I Was on the Glory in 2003 and the top optional deck was still in use (No Nude Sunbathing). Unfortunately, its gone it was a nice feature while cruising from port to port. I have read some posts that NCL has one for your wife to enjoy its called the freestyle deck. Best check first to confirm.
Old July 25th, 2007, 11:23 AM
Admiral

As far as I know, no cruiseship has a "nude" deck. If you try to go completely nude on a cruiseship, you can expect to be put off the ship at the next port.

The topless decks are now being converted in to miniature golfing areas. There was topless decks on Carnival but a pervert ruined that for everyone.

Also, most of the Caribbean islands DO NOT allow for nude sunbathing unless it is on a private resort like Sandals or the like. There is one island (St. Maarten) that has nude public beaches but that is about it as far as I know.

Beware, many of these islands take this prohibition very seriously and you could end up in the hoosegow for showing off your bod.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old July 25th, 2007, 10:08 PM
Admiral

There always has been a lot of confusion about a so-called nude or topless deck on Carnival ships.
At one time, there was a " tops optional " deck around the funnel area. It seemed to confuse most people, as it was " optional " to go without a top-- not mandatory---in that small area. It was a public deck open to all except minors under 18.

Most, if not all of Carnival ships have or are doing away with this deck and replacing it with something else, like a mini-golf course. Rumors abound as to why--someone said it was because someone took photos, etc.
I would think it was because it was basically wasted space that they could use for something better--sorta like keeping up with the Jones--- RCCL has golf-- Carnival has to have golf, etc.

If you want to cruise in the buff, you need to sign on with a nude cruise group such as tanr.com--gonude.com, etc.
None of the main stream cruise lines will allow you to cruise in the raw.
If you feel the urge to go naked and can't contain yourself, wait til formal night--- cover your face and streak through the dining room and out the other side. You'll be home free before anyone can recover from the shock!!
Old July 26th, 2007, 12:08 AM
Admiral

Back in May there were some semi-nude people on the adult deck of the Valor. ONE guy had nothing on.

Read and post cruise reviews

Read and post cruise reviews
/ticker.png">