Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 25th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Familiar Face

Default SANDALS JAMAICA..HELP!!

HEARD HORROR STORIES OF JAMAICA, SANDALS IS THE ONLY EXCURSION I WOULD PROBABLY TAKE, NEED REVIEWS PLEASE, 1ST TIME CRUISER..CONQUEST FEB 2008
Sponsored Links
Old July 25th, 2007, 11:32 PM
Passenger

SANDALS IS GREAT! If you can go to Sandals, go there. Jamaica is wonderful...just don't go wandering in the city alone and you'll be fine!
Old July 26th, 2007, 04:42 PM
Admiral

Default Re: SANDALS JAMAICA..HELP!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by malbarado
HEARD HORROR STORIES OF JAMAICA, SANDALS IS THE ONLY EXCURSION I WOULD PROBABLY TAKE, NEED REVIEWS PLEASE, 1ST TIME CRUISER..CONQUEST FEB 2008
I believe that Sandals is for adults only (18 and over), if you are traveling with children. Our plans are to go to Sunset Beach Resort, when we are there in September. It is also a private beach, with a controlled entrance.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old July 26th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Passenger

Sandals is a great resort, but if you are going to ocho rios and you want cheap take the bamboo beach club excursion. You will still be in sight of your ship and close to shopping with Police Officers around, and it is only $39.00 each all day long, just think how many rum punches you can consume all day!
Old August 2nd, 2007, 12:32 AM
Beginner

Jamaica is GREAT! My favorite destination when doing an all-inclusive! Just be smart, don't wander alone, book an excursion thru the cruise line and you will be fine. Have fun!
Old August 2nd, 2007, 03:00 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I agree, no problem mon.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old August 2nd, 2007, 10:49 PM
Admiral

A lot depends on if you have been to Jamaica before. If you have not, book a tour with the cruise line. We have done Dunns Falls, river rafting, Mountain river tubing, etc. Now when we stop at Ocho Rios, we go to the Island Village complex right where the ship docks. There is a small public beach (great for kids) a lot of shops, and hit Margaritaville with their own little beach.
Adventure Of The Seas-05
Navigator Of The Seas-04
Carnival Paradise-04
Carnival Pride-03
Sea Princess-02
Soverign Of The Seas-02
Carnival Imagination-01
Carnival Destiny-00
Carnival Fascination-97
Big Red Boat-93
Nordic Prince-82
Old August 3rd, 2007, 12:03 AM
Captain

Default Re: SANDALS JAMAICA..HELP!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2gonow
Quote:
Originally Posted by malbarado
I believe that Sandals is for adults only (18 and over), if you are traveling with children. Our plans are to go to Sunset Beach Resort, when we are there in September. It is also a private beach, with a controlled entrance.

Ok so, lets do this together! This is what i want to do in Sept also. I've been to jamaica and "done that" ie, no interest in the falls etc.

Just a beach day with maybe a little snorkling, tho i heard thats not even good anymore. I do feel safe drinking the water there tho...so a few pina colodas on the beach...yup you betcha!

Want to share a cab over to sunset?
Old August 3rd, 2007, 05:32 PM
First Mate

I have heard that Sunset is closed for repairs or something during the week we are there? You might want to check it to be sure before making the plans.

I have heard that the cruise excursion won't be offered, but that you can still get a day pass, but I don't know if that is correct. Plus that doesn't make much sense to me. And what are they repairing? If you are looking forward to the slides, and the slides are closed for repairs, well that would be a rip! Might want to check on it first.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 08:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to cruzaddict

trarecar, you may be confusing the situation with Rose Hall Beach Resort...

Rose Hall is closed for renovations until November 15th. Carnival had an excursion for a day pass there but has temporarily pulled it (right before I went to book it online).

Carnival has never recently listed an excursion to Sunset Beach but according to past guests, and their website, they do sell day passes.

Now I may be wrong about Sunset, but I've been watching their website since that is where we plan to go when we are in MoBay in September on Conquest. I've seen nothing about any closures there. I haven't heard of any closures there either. If anyone knows that they will be closed to day passes in September please confirm for us about to sail.

Thanks a million!!!!

Carnival Ecstasy 4-06, Carnival Conquest 9-07
Mariner OTS 9-08, Carnival Conquest 2-09
Carnival Conquest 9-09, Carnival Fantasy 1-10
Carnival Triumph 5-11, Mariner OTS 11-11
Old August 3rd, 2007, 08:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to cruzaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzaddict
Carnival has never recently listed an excursion to Sunset Beach but according to past guests, and their website, they do sell day passes.
kinda confusing
I mean "their website" as Sunset Beach's not Carnival's, and "they do sell day passes" = Sunset Beach does sell day passes not Carnival.

Carnival Ecstasy 4-06, Carnival Conquest 9-07
Mariner OTS 9-08, Carnival Conquest 2-09
Carnival Conquest 9-09, Carnival Fantasy 1-10
Carnival Triumph 5-11, Mariner OTS 11-11
Old August 3rd, 2007, 09:27 PM
Beginner

just don't stray
Old August 4th, 2007, 12:39 AM
Captain

Quote:
Quote:
kinda confusing
I mean "their website" as Sunset Beach's not Carnival's, and "they do sell day passes" = Sunset Beach does sell day passes not Carnival.
wow since yoru going first, would you mind emailing the site and asking them? How much did they state the price would be for a day pass?

hope you have a fantabulous time!
Old August 6th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Beginner

just came off of conquest 7/29-we went to the sunset beach resort. int was great. i believe it was 40.00 per person which included food & drinks. the place is gated,well manicured landscaping. you also have access to a private beach & fairly large swimming pool with a swim up bar. the lunch buffet is great lots of island dishes. we are going on the conquest again next year & plan on going to sunset again. we enjoyed it that much & also flet very secure. when you get into the jamaica ship terminal just go all the way up to the fron left corner of the termainal,there is a information booth-they know about the resort & will also get you a taxi to take you. its only about 5 minutes from the terminal.
enjoy!!!!

Mark