Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 26th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Admiral

Default My Pre-Cruise Review (7-29-07 Sensation cruise)

Here's my pre-cruise review:

Saturday July 28th we fly to Orlando (with a 1-hour stopover in St. Louis) then stay at a hotel near the Orlando airport that night

Sunday July 29th: we take a transfer from the airport to the port (Port Canaveral) and board the Carnival Sensation, whichs sails at 4 p.m. After dinner each night, we will enjoy a broadway type show, comedian, musical act or similar entertainment and of course Ian will have fun in the video arcade for an hour or so while I sit nearby and either relax or write.

Monday July 30: we'll be in Freeport from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. We'll go on a glass bottom boat ride over coral reefs and a shipwreck, then tour beach front mansions from a distance! I believe we take this ride after being vanned to Port Lucaya Marketplace so after the boat ride we'll have lunch and shop at the marketplace and check out the beach at the Westin. We'll leave plenty of time to take a cab/van back to the ship. After dinner we'll again enjoy the evening's entertainment.

Tuesday July 31st: we'll be in Nassau at 7 a.m. and stay overnight. We'll go on the Atlantis Resort tour including their underwater DIG exhibit, head back to the ship for lunch, then go on the Historical Highlights Tour in an a/c van from 1-3. After that, se'll go to the Pirate Museum and the Straw Market. Back on board ship by 5:00 in time for dinner. Not sure if we'll leave the ship after dinner for Nassau nightlife - there's nothing there appropriate for a 14 year old. So again we'll enjoy the ship nightlife!

Wednesday August 1st: is our day at sea - we'll leave Nassau at 7 a.m. and head home, having tons of fun on board the ship until midnight or so!

Thursday Aug 2nd: we'll dock back at Port Canaveral at 7 a.m., have breakfast, take our time and debark hopefully around 10:00 a.m., when a free shuttle will take us to Thrifty car rental, We'll head to the Kennedy Space Center to spend the day until around 6:00. We'll then grab dinner on the way to the same hotel by the Orlando airport, relax in our room and get a good night's sleep!

Friday, we return our car at the airport and catch a mid-morning flight home (1 hour stopover in Dallas/Ft Worth).

I will post my actual review (along with Ian's teenage perspective) sometime Saturday, along with a ton of photos!
Sponsored Links
Old July 26th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Admiral

Have a wonderful time, Michelle! I'm looking forward to your and Ian's reviews!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old July 26th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2gonow
Have a wonderful time, Michelle! I'm looking forward to your and Ian's reviews!
I agree Have a great Time Michelle, and I'll look forward to seeing yours and Ians review when you return.
RCI Monarch of The Seas 1998
Ecstasy 2000
Carnival Miracle 9/24/07
Upcoming Fascination 11/5/09
Old July 26th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

Have a great vacation Michelle. Don't forget to relax in between all of the activities you have planned :-) :-)
Old July 26th, 2007, 05:09 PM
First Mate

Michelle,
I am sure that somewhere in between all of the fun stuff you have planned, you will be mentally planning your NEXT cruise! Look forward to hearing all about it when you guys return! Have fun!

Dewayne & Priscilla

Free Cruise Clocks