Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 26th, 2007, 04:54 PM
Admiral

Default Just back from "Inspiration". GREAT CRUISE! Any

We just got home from our 5 day aboard "Inspiration". WOW, what a pleasant surprise! Greatly surpassed all of my expectations, and as many of you know, the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I are veteran cruisers. Cabins are about 25% bigger, bathrooms larger, and the shower was at least double the size of any on the Conquest ships, or even the Spirit class. Food was outstanding, and service truly great. Entertainment was superior, except for one comic, and we had a wonderful time.
If you have any specific questions, ask away.

Ken
Old July 26th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Yeoman

Glad to hear how much you loved it as a veteran cruiser. I know it was a great first experience for me. Carla
Old July 26th, 2007, 06:13 PM
Captain

That same itinerary, GC/Cozumel outta Tampa, was our first cruise when Sensation had that route. I personally don't think there's better deal goin than Inspiration or Imagination. And bein a fresh air freak, I love all the open deck space on the Fantasy class ships. Glad you had a good time and it exceeded your expectations.
Glory (eastern) 12/2006
Destiny 01/2009
Old July 26th, 2007, 10:36 PM
Passenger

Thank you so much for posting!!! We will be sailing on the Inspiration (our first) on August 13. After reading MANY reviews, I've been a little scared to cruise...Your post has put my mind at ease. Glad you had a great time and I'm sure we will too!!
Old July 26th, 2007, 11:19 PM
Passenger

Thanks for the information from a veteran. 18 more days and the Inspiration is our.
Old July 26th, 2007, 11:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Honeybear

Quote:
Originally Posted by adias.angel
Glad to hear how much you loved it as a veteran cruiser. I know it was a great first experience for me. Carla
Did you get my PM yesterday?
Old July 27th, 2007, 12:26 AM
Beginner

Ken-sounds like you had a great time!

I couldn't agree more with your statements. I cruised the same trip on the Inspiration the first week of July, and absolutely love it! It was my first cruise, and I have already started thinking (and planning) the next one. Grand Cayman and Cozumel were great stops as well.

I am curious, though, which comedian are you referring to? On our cruise, we had Tony Esposito one night and Kenny Miller the last night of the cruise. I thought Esposito was funnier than Kenny (at least I laughed a lot more at that one).

I never thought I'd enjoy the cruise as much as I did. Actually, my wife gave me the cruise as a Christmas gift (total surprise, boy did she out do me!!!) and I was actually dreading going. I think I actually enjoyed it more than her, although she had a great time. My 11 y.o. son enjoyed it as well, although I could never convince him to join in with the Camp Carnival group. Oh well, maybe next time!
Old July 27th, 2007, 07:59 AM
Cruise Maniac

Glad to hear you had a good time Ken. We enjoyed our trip on the Inspiration as well.

Was surprised to hear that the rooms were larger than the Conquest class. I would've thought it be the other way around.

What type of cabin did you have?

Andy
Old July 27th, 2007, 09:40 AM
Admiral

The comic that we didn't care for too much was Kenny Miller. He just didn't seem to be "with it". Perhaps he was just having a bad day, but we went to his X rated late show, and it wasn't much better. Tony, on the other hand, was great.
Hi Andy. I think the older ships, in general, do have slightly larger cabins. It's just like the airlines,,,,they squeeze every dollar out of the space available, and therefor make the space available for each passenger a little bit smaller. Don't get me wrong,,,the cabins aboard the Conquest and Spirit class ships are certainly adequate, but this old girl just gave us more room to move about inside the cabin, and bath. We booked an inside, and were in M-219, but I was in a couple of other cabins, and they too seemed to be just like ours,,,,just a little bigger than the norm for that category cabin.

Later,

Ken
Old July 27th, 2007, 10:26 AM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybear
Did you get my PM yesterday?
No I didn't get any PM's yesterday. Try again?
Old July 27th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Passenger

DH, son, his GF and I are sailing on the Inspiration in Jan.'08. Glad to hear the good review. I've been told the ship is going in for renovation this fall. We were on the Sensation last Nov. after she had been renovated. Carnival does a nice job. January seems a loooong way off!!!

Big Red Boat 1996
Carnival Sensation 2006
Old July 27th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Admiral

Hi Myrtlemama:

Yes, it does seem like a long way off, but you'll be surprised how it'll sneak up on you! You're going to have a great time on "Inspiration". I was truly surprised at the condition of the ship, and the positive attitudes of the entire crew. I'm sure this works it's way down, directly from the captain.
The only problem I had with the entire cruise, was that it was way too short. A cruise this good should last at least 7 days, if not longer!

Have a great cruise, and perhaps I'll see you aboard.

Ken
Old July 29th, 2007, 12:46 AM
Passenger

I am glad you enjoyed the Inspiration. It is a great ship! We soon will be going on her for our 3rd time.

I too love the layout and the open air decks of the Fantasy class ships.
Old July 29th, 2007, 01:19 AM
Cruise Maniac

This is my first cruise aboard Carnival, we have been doing Disney but the kids are older so we selected Carnival Insperation for our first trip. I am glad to hear you had a good time. What was the overall condition of the ship and my boys are wondering if there is a baskeball court or the rock climbing aboard. Thanks for the response.
Old July 29th, 2007, 09:42 AM
Admiral

Hi Glenda;
The overall condition of this ship is amazingly good. Let's face it, this old girl is 11 years old, and with over 1000 passengers coming and going twice a week, she does get some wear, but the only sign of wear I noticed was worn carpet in the passageway on the MAIN deck. Oddly enough, this wear was in spots where someone had spilled something, and they scrubbed the carpet to the point of wearing it out! I would guess that this would ordinarilly be replaced, but since the ship is going into refurb soon, they'll probably let it go until then.
No, no rock climbing wall, (that's strictly a Royal Caribbean thing I think) however I'm pretty sure I did see some young men shooting hoops, so there is at least a place to show your skill. Your kids will have a great time, I'm sure.

Ken
Old July 29th, 2007, 11:38 AM
Passenger

Hi Glenda,

We have been on the Sensation, a sister ship of the Inspiration. There was a basketball court on that ship so I'm sure there will be one. B'balls can be picked up poolside at the same place they hand out all sports equipment (i.e., mini-golf).

You didn't mention when you will be sailing. The ship is going into drydock this fall to be refurbished. We were on the Sensation after refurbishment and it was awesome. Especially the staterooms. The bedding was really fresh.

Your boys will really have such a great time they won't even notice there wasn't a rock climbing wall!

Big Red Boat 1996
Carnival Sensation 2006
Old July 29th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Passenger

I will be sailing on a 5 day trip on Inspiration in January, 2008 to Cozumel . Did you do any excursions in Cozumel? Any pointers or suggestions for us. We will be 6 women celebrating a BIG birthday. Rather not say how BIG though. Did you taxi to port from airport? Any comments or help will be greatly appreciated. Four of the women have not cruised and are afraid of sea sickness, did you feel anything on board while at sea? Thanks
Old July 30th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Admiral

Hello Esolt;
Well, we didn't go to Cozumel, but Calica instead. (affectionately known as "the salt mine".) Fact is, that we've sailed so much, that we seldom leave the ship while in port, and guard it until everyone else returns. Cozumel has lots, and lots of stuff that you can do by just walking off the ship, if you're so inclined. This sailing for us was to celebrate my brother and his lovely wifes 50th anniversary, and I think we did that in style. You six women will have an absolute ball, I have no doubts at all.
In reference to motion sickness, you probably won't feel much, if any motion, but I'd recommend going to your local pharmacy and purchasing a bottle of "Meclazine". This is known as "Bonine" when hanging on the wall. If you buy a bottle of 100 you can get it over the counter, and since 6 of you will be sharing the medication, it'll be lots cheaper that way. (100 meclazine costs just a bit more than one bubble pack of 6 Bonine) Just take one every morning, whether you think you'll need it or not, and you'll have no problem at all. (That's what the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) does.)

Ken
Old July 30th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for the response earlier to my questions. We are sailing March 15th 08 on the Inspiration. After booking I was a little worried after reading some of the cruise clues reviews, but after reading these I am relieved and looking forward to the trip.
Glenda