Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 26th, 2007, 07:21 PM
First Mate

Default I can't believe that some people go so un-prepared

There is actually someone on this board who will remain nameless (starts with mich ends with 1959) that has no idea where they are going. They haven't done any research, have no list, no plan.

How can people go away for a long trip with no planning.

I don't get it.

Brian

Sensation
Sponsored Links
Old July 26th, 2007, 07:22 PM
First Mate

Default Re: I can't believe that some people go so un-prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxpm
There is actually someone on this board who will remain nameless (starts with mich ends with 1959) that has no idea where they are going. They haven't done any research, have no list, no plan.

I don't get it.

Brian
Only kidding. Have a good trip. I will miss your questions but I am looking forward to your pictures and reviews.

Brian

Sensation
Old July 26th, 2007, 07:54 PM
Admiral

I know, it's embarrassing to admit how totally unprepared I am for my first cruise. I should have been asking questions, doing research, etc.

I will just HAVE to tr and muddle through!

I had difficulty getting to sleep last night, for the excitement and I'm sure tonight and tomorrow night will be the same.

hehe

Thanks for all your answers!@ I'm so lucky you have recently sailed her, as well as a few others who have sailed Sensation since she was put back into service after housing people after Katrina.

I'm probably going to come back with a bunch of new poems as well, and I'll share some of them with everyone.
Old July 26th, 2007, 08:05 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle1959
I know, it's embarrassing to admit how totally unprepared I am for my first cruise. I should have been asking questions, doing research, etc.

I will just HAVE to tr and muddle through!

I had difficulty getting to sleep last night, for the excitement and I'm sure tonight and tomorrow night will be the same.

hehe

Thanks for all your answers!@ I'm so lucky you have recently sailed her, as well as a few others who have sailed Sensation since she was put back into service after housing people after Katrina.

I'm probably going to come back with a bunch of new poems as well, and I'll share some of them with everyone.
Michelle-

I didn't realize you were going on a cruise - when and where? Have you got your packing list? all your documents?
05/03 Smokefree Paradise
08/04 Smokefree Paradise (8 days due to Francis)
01/07 Carnival Liberty
11/07 Carnival Freedom Transatlantic
05/08 Carnival Liberty
12/09 Carnival Pride
06/10 Carnival Glory
Old July 26th, 2007, 08:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default How is she...

How is the Sensation doing after the fiasco with Katrina?

That was such a shame what happened to her...she was not ready for what the people did to her...

Disney 2006
SOS 2006
Mariner 2007
Old July 26th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Captain

Quote:

I don't get it.

Brian
I know you were only kidding here, but I play bridge with a lady, my duplicate partner, who when she is going on a cruise never knows which cruiseline, which ship or where it's going. She says she has already been to every port, doesnt get off the ship, goes to play bridge on the ship. lol. Her son does all the planning and he just tells her when she is going and off she goes. She seems to like it that way. I hope I never get so old and bored with cruises that Im like that.
Old July 26th, 2007, 10:22 PM
First Mate

Hey Michelle, only 2 days left!! Hope you and your son have a great time, (don't forget your backpack).

Cathy

Free Cruise Clocks
Carnival Conquest - 12/4/2005
Old July 26th, 2007, 11:12 PM
Admiral

Quote:

I don't get it.

Brian
Too too too funny!!!!! Hahahahaha

Michelle has all of us living vicariously through her as the cruise date approaches.

Have the bestest time. Play bingo on the last night and maybe you will win another cruise.

Full full full report when you get back.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old July 26th, 2007, 11:21 PM
Captain

on our frist cruise my mothe-in -law handle every thing she said to me denise you can do any thing you want and left i had no what idea what to
do when i take my mom on our frist cruise we research and planed everything together and it was so much fun and we learn something
we are now planning our fouth cruise
Old July 27th, 2007, 08:51 AM
Admiral

Michelle, the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I are right there with you on your cruise. It's great to watch you plan your cruise, and we can't wait to hear your reactions when you return.
I like your bridge partner story. People sometimes think I'm that way, because they'll ask me what I'm doing on a week of vacation, so naturally, I tell them I'm cruising. They can't believe it when I confess that I sometimes don't know where the cruise is going. I really don't care too much, as we cruise for the ship and all the fun aboard. We've cruised the Caribbean over 100 times, and have been to every island many, many times, but the thrill of the ship and the cruise never gets old.

See you aboard,

Ken
Old July 27th, 2007, 09:28 AM
Yeoman

Michelle,
Have a great trip. We know you will come back bragging how prepared you actually were Carla
Old July 27th, 2007, 09:29 AM
Admiral

thanks everyone - I'm using a nice canvas tote bag THAT ZIPPERS for excursions, not a backpack - it (took me 6 months but I found one at wal-mart last week!) we leave tomorrow, and tonight I"ll get to show Ian the dvd Brian sent me of his trip photos and movies (he went on 2 of the same excursions we will). I am bringing a cool door decoration - I'll be taping a clear sheet protector to he door and each day a new page will be disipayed in it - Sunday's page: "we're enroute to the Bahamas" on top with photos of the ship. Monday's page: we're in Freeport" with photos of places in freeport , etc. all pages also have smiley faces on top, with the exception of the last page, showing "back in Port Canaveral, with a photo of the Sensation in port and frowny faces.
Old July 27th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Captain

Quote:

I don't get it.

Brian
Oh yeah after 303 Posts I suspect Michelle is not ready yeah right

Seriously Michelle Enjoy your cruise and we are all looking forward to hearing all about the great time you had when you get back.
RCI Monarch of The Seas 1998
Ecstasy 2000
Carnival Miracle 9/24/07
Upcoming Fascination 11/5/09
Old July 27th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Captain

Michelle,

You and your son will have a fabulous time on your cruise, and you will be totally addicted just like the rest of us.

We want to hear all about your cruise when you get home!!!!

Happy cruising to all!

Libragirl (Mary)
Old July 27th, 2007, 03:58 PM
First Mate

Don't forget that the porters at disembarking are free and bring you to the front of the line. Almost seems like cheating.

Don't miss the 80's tribute show.

Have fun,

Brian

Sensation
Old July 27th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

Michelle,
Hope you and your son have a great first time cruise! Just remember, not everything has to be perfect or fit in place, to make your cruise so wonderful! You'll have so much fun on the ship, at ports and excursions and will make memories that will last your whole lives! Relax, enjoy, and have a great time.....
Old July 27th, 2007, 04:58 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Don't forget that the porters at disembarking are free and bring you to the front of the line. Almost seems like cheating.

Have fun,

Brian
what do you mean? is this for checked luggage? we will each only have one carry on, we will not be bringing any other luggage. Don't I have to wait till my color is called?
Old July 27th, 2007, 05:02 PM
Admiral

No color needed. Just do the self debark and get off once they have cleared the ship.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old July 28th, 2007, 09:19 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Quote:

Have fun,

Brian
what do you mean? is this for checked luggage? we will each only have one carry on, we will not be bringing any other luggage. Don't I have to wait till my color is called?
This helps you clear customs.

Brian

Sensation
Old July 28th, 2007, 09:59 AM
Admiral

ok, so after breakfast we will have our carryons and will go to the place we are supposed to wait to be called - didn't someone say I can just go to the lido deck and wait for the announcement? - then I just look for a porter? We won't be in a huge hurry as we're going to get a rental car and head to Kennedy Space Center for the day, we don't fly home till Friday morning. And we're hoping to see the launch of a satellite or something that's going off Friday morning, perhaps we'll see it from the Orlando airport?
Old July 28th, 2007, 12:39 PM
Admiral

Quote:
ok, so after breakfast we will have our carryons and will go to the place we are supposed to wait to be called - didn't someone say I can just go to the lido deck and wait for the announcement? - then I just look for a porter? We won't be in a huge hurry as we're going to get a rental car and head to Kennedy Space Center for the day, we don't fly home till Friday morning. And we're hoping to see the launch of a satellite or something that's going off Friday morning, perhaps we'll see it from the Orlando airport?
you will have your carryons with you & you will be waiting at the lido deck

you can leave when self-assist debarking is called; as you have no luggage in the hold - however - if you are not in an hurry and in order to avoid long lines - you can wait on the lido deck and leave whenever; as they already called the self-assist; you do NOT have to wait for your colored luggage as you have your luggage with you. Also, porters are unneccessary as you have your carryons. (if you had luggage, the porters get through customs quicker) but generally the custom line isn't so bad - try to pick a line where the people look like they know what they are doing and have their paperwork in hand .

usually they want everyone off the ship by 10:00 am
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old July 28th, 2007, 04:44 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by msblackjack
[

you can leave when self-assist debarking is called; as you have no luggage in the hold -
They told us that Port Canaveral doesn't allow for self-assist debarking. You have to wait for your deck to be called.

Brian

Sensation
Old July 28th, 2007, 05:31 PM
kookylabooka

From my Debarkation Capers when I sailed last November from Port Canaveral.THe order went starting at the top of the page.

Old July 28th, 2007, 06:05 PM
First Mate

They told us that they had it in the past. but no more.

Brian

Sensation
Old October 4th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Beginner

We were on the Miracle last month, leaving from New York. My niece got married on St. Thomas...it was wonderful! We had family and friends toget6her on the boat, wedding on the beach and reception that evening when we got back on the ship. Alot of quality time with everyone!
Old October 5th, 2007, 08:01 AM
Captain

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by msblackjack
[

you can leave when self-assist debarking is called; as you have no luggage in the hold -
They told us that Port Canaveral doesn't allow for self-assist debarking. You have to wait for your deck to be called.

Brian
Iv never heard of a ship that doesnt allow self assist? We went out from Port Canaveral last week and did self assist on RCI, just got back a couple of days before, so it isnt the port itself that doesnt allow it.