CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Carnival Splendor to South America (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/337038-carnival-splendor-south-america.html)

AKcruiser July 29th, 2007 03:07 AM

Carnival Splendor to South America

I just noticed that the Splendor is offering 3 sailings to South America in 2008. One is an 18 day and there is a 17 and I believe a 14 day. How exciting this would be. Is anyone planning on trying one of these? I don't see how I can get 3 weeks off work, but I'd sure love to go!

AKcruiser

Luanne Russo July 29th, 2007 05:30 AM

I saw that too. It sure looks like Carnival is looking out for those cruisers who want something different.

Luanne

Carnival Vincent July 29th, 2007 05:53 AM

Yes I'm booked on the Soutth American cruise. 14 day's from Buenos Aires to Santiago around Cape Horn. Never been there before but it looks like an great experiance.

Vincent

Cruise History: 1990 Mardi Gras, 1993 Jubilee, 1998 Imagination, 2002 Fantasy, 2003 Carnival Spirit (panama canal), 2004 Carnival Triumph, 2005 Carnival Liberty (transatlantic), 2006 Carnival Liberty Mediterranean. 10/28/07 Freedom Transatlantic, 02/17/2009 Splendor South American

Travellingranny July 29th, 2007 06:52 AM

I have also booked myself on the Splendor for 02/17/2009, and absolutely cannot wait!. Am looking forward to meeting new people and making new friends. We have a year and a half to get this thread rockin' & rollin'.

Granny

AKcruiser July 30th, 2007 01:59 AM

Way to go! Please keep us posted as you gather info on this great cruise. Why did you choose the 14 day cruise over the other 2 offered? I'd have a hard time picking which one to go one as all of the ports would be new to me. I haven't totally ruled it out, just not sure how to get the time off!

AKcruiser

Travellingranny July 30th, 2007 05:28 PM

I picked the 14 day because of work...doing the longer, even by a few days makes it difficult to get the time off considering I still have to tack a day or two on each end of the cruise off as well.
Granny

AKcruiser July 31st, 2007 11:11 PM

That's my concern too.

AKcruiser

Carnival Vincent August 2nd, 2007 05:00 PM

i picked this cruise because it's the most special. The other 2 are longer and cheaper, but I've been to the caribiean and to the mexican riviera, so these are all port that I haven't been. I will fly into Rio Brazil and than explore the city for a few day's than fly to the waterfalls. The biggest in the world! over 275 falls sorry I forgot the name, then fly to Buenos aires and go onboard.

Regards,

Vincent

Travellingranny August 3rd, 2007 02:00 AM

I also think the itinerary is unique as opposed to the others that start either in the caribbean or the Mexican Riviera, Somehow, going around Cape Horn and transversing Beagle Channel sound pretty awesome.

Granny

Dutchman August 3rd, 2007 12:11 PM

We really checked this out and AIR is a killer on any of the legs. :(

AKcruiser August 7th, 2007 07:48 PM

I too checked out the airfare...OUCH! I am still considering the the 14 day around the horn cruise. I looked at the temps att he ports and it gets a bit chilly around the horn! High's in the 50's.. Still beats the Alaska Feb temps.

AKcruiser

Carnival Vincent August 10th, 2007 08:35 AM

Yes I have seen the temperatures too. But it's Summer in this part of the World and the best time to travel there. It's only arround the Cape Horn, for the other ports the temp. are high and is it nice and warm.

Vincent

AKcruiser August 11th, 2007 01:47 AM

My PVP emailed me a power point presentation on it today. If you want me to forward it to you please email me.

Carnival Vincent August 12th, 2007 05:03 AM

Thanks Akcruiser,

I really appreciate this. It’s a great presentation. Thank you, thank you,

Vincent