Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 30th, 2007, 03:27 AM
Captain

Default help! Upgraded on Conquest, not sure if its a good thing!?

ok for the sept cruise mates cruise, i was just told we were "upgraded" to cabin 8381 on 8C. Ok, i dont know how much of a good thing this is tho, we've never cruised but i've read the deck noise can be horrible. Were directly above the outdoor buffet area, and toward the back of the ship (looks to be more than 2/3s toward the aft).

Should i be pleased? Its not below or above a bar so i guess it could be worse...just a little concerned as i do get seasick when deep sea fishing (or any fishing on a boat lol) and i am a light sleeper.

thanks for any help and peace of mind
Sponsored Links
Old July 30th, 2007, 06:43 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I just checked your room, and I love it, and don't see any on the problems you are worried about.

The location is in a part of the ship that people will tell you to pick out, because it is still considered the middle, even though you are further back.

The location is great because you are very near the elevators, so getting around will be easy.

As far as activities being near you at night. That area only has the hamburger, pizza area open. Very few people doing nothing more than walking around, and feeding there face. If you hear anything at all, it might be a chair or two scrapping the floor. If you need help with the noise, go to wal Mart and ask then for ear protection for shooting. They will give you these sponge things to put in your ears. It should take care of it.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old July 30th, 2007, 08:38 AM
Admiral

Luanne got it right (as usual). I wouldn't worry at all, and would JUMP on this cabin. The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I sailed in 8333 recently, and I was a little bit concerned about noise, but it was completely quiet! No problems at all.
Have a great cruise, and let us know how it went when you return.

Ken
Old July 30th, 2007, 10:08 AM
First Mate

Great upgrade, nurseypoo! Congrats! I got upgraded, too, with my 4A to a 4C (I think). It's a quad, though, so I am hoping that we will get bumped yet again when a family of four comes along needing the room. : )
Old July 30th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Admiral

O.K., guys! How did you find out that you got an upgrade? We booked a Balcony Guarantee and haven't heard anything! Does Nancy have the cabin assignments?
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old July 30th, 2007, 04:26 PM
Captain

ohhh i'm so happy I'm not sure how i got the upgrade but she did say it was a very good upgrade...i dunno, first cruise and all

She said that everyone in her group cruises gets an upgrade.

I'm so relieved, thanks so much for telling me my room is great, i felt good about the elevators, not so close to hear it but seconds from it.

If i had been under the pool or above the disco i'd be thinking of moving it. I was thinking the buffet area would be ok, maybe the smell of cookies will be in my room .

As for asking where our room is, i just asked nancy and she found out for me.

Hugs ohh and btw who else asked for late seating at dinner. She said late dinner was 7:45 or 8:15. If we dont have anyone on this dining time with us we want a table for 2.

Let us know.
Old July 30th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Admiral

First cruise, huh? All Right! A newbie!

We are just 2 doors south of you! I honestly can't remember which seating we asked for. For some reason, I'm thinking early, but can't really recall.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old July 30th, 2007, 05:47 PM
First Mate

We are late seating, too, so don't get the table for 2!!!

As for my room, I just went online and made sure my Fun Pass was finished, and then said I wanted to get my docs by mail. It had my room number listed (2232) but it does say the reservation is "on hold". I figured it was because not everyone has filled out their Fun Pass? I've paid in full, obviously.
Old July 30th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by trarecar
We are late seating, too, so don't get the table for 2!!!

As for my room, I just went online and made sure my Fun Pass was finished, and then said I wanted to get my docs by mail. It had my room number listed (2232) but it does say the reservation is "on hold". I figured it was because not everyone has filled out their Fun Pass? I've paid in full, obviously.
You usually see the "on hold" on group cruises. Someone has not paid in full yet. Once everyone is paid in full it will no longer say that. It's common to see that on group cruises, don't worry.

Sounds like a fun cruise, Im not going on the Conquest until next year, my first time on the Conquest.
Old July 31st, 2007, 12:31 AM
Captain

wait filling out funpass? Paid in full? Where are you looking at the holds..? which website, ok im so confused please share!

Told ya i was a newbie. And cool on the group dinners, i just want to sit with other cruise mates...we'll have to take a poll later and see, if theres only 4 we'll request a table for 4.

anyway saddle me up to that website i have no idea what ya'll are talking about@
Old July 31st, 2007, 09:45 PM
First Mate

Well, I'm a newbie, too, so I'm not exactly a wealth of information.

I am just talking about the regular Carnival.com site. I click on the "My reservation" tab and go from there. When I got to the screen that asks me if I want e-docs or by mail, I do by mail, and then I can't remember! I will have to do it again tomorrow and see what I do next. My booking number and stuff is at work.
Old July 31st, 2007, 10:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to cruzaddict
Default regarding the "on hold" for group booking

I'm in a group sailing the week before you all. The "on hold" message showed every time I checked my reservations on Carnival.com until late last week. Everyone had paid in full by our deadline June 9th but it probably takes some time to process and maybe that status doesn't change until Carnival is completing all of your final tickets, documents, etc.

???

Not sure why it takes awhile, but don't worry it will go away.

Carnival Ecstasy 4-06, Carnival Conquest 9-07
Mariner OTS 9-08, Carnival Conquest 2-09
Carnival Conquest 9-09, Carnival Fantasy 1-10
Carnival Triumph 5-11, Mariner OTS 11-11
Old August 3rd, 2007, 12:10 AM
Captain

what if you dont have a reservation number? can it look you up by name?
Old August 3rd, 2007, 12:07 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurseypoo5
what if you dont have a reservation number? can it look you up by name?
Look at the confirmation papers sent to you from the TA and it will have your reservation number on the right side. If you can't find it, contact the TA and she will give it to you. Having this information completed before the cruise will expidite the embarkation process.
Mariner of the Seas