Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 31st, 2007, 09:22 PM
Passenger

Default Cruise Clothing. What to Pack.. HELP!

I'm going on the Holiday to Mexico this Saturday.. For the regular dinners I'm thinking of wear capri's (white, black, or brown) with a dressy shirt each night, also packing a sundress. Do you think the capris with a dressy shirt and heels is appropriate? Also, during the day, when I'm not by the pool, what's appropriate to wear??

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old July 31st, 2007, 10:47 PM
First Mate

You'll get a lot of varied opinions on dressing for dinner.

I think it's more of a personal choice. Some people would say that capris aren't dressy enough, some say they are... Wish I could be more helpful! I felt bad that your thread didn't have any replies!
Old July 31st, 2007, 11:40 PM
Passenger

Ashley:

I will probably be less than helpful since I know that I packed way to much but here goes. I have a Western Carribean cruise and it is 5 nights and four days. I have shorts and tank tops for the day, around the pool and excursions. SOme of short and two pairs are Bermuda. I have a cocktail dress for the dress up, a sundress for one night and then capris and those light gauzy longer shirts for dinner. I have a belly and this hides them. I also have a few dressier shirts if needed. I am taking a pir of sweat pair, very thin, and tank to loung in. Then the shoes, but that is another story.
Old July 31st, 2007, 11:48 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cutiecat Send a message via Yahoo to cutiecat

Oh junk, varied opinions is soooo right...

I pack wwwwwwaaaaaaaayyyyyyy too much every time I cruise (having been on five, I should have it down by now, but not so much...) I pack a different dress for every night, plenty of shirts and tank tops and shorts, way too many shoes, bathing suits and a cover up, and casual dress up clothes for going out after dinner. But I love dressing up and like to look super pretty for dinner-makes me feel like a princess I've never counted how many times I have changed in one day, but I'm guessing around 3... lol

Dress capris and a nice top are fine for dinner, and you can wear them with heels or flip flops. Or dresses. Or sundresses. Really whatever you choose (minus the teeny tiny mini skirts and too small tops many teens i have seen wear...)

Dress to be comfortable. And remember you don't have to go to dinner every night-there's always the buffet on the Lido deck (though dinner is always a ton of fun if you're seated with good company and have good servers!)

Most importantly, you're on this trip to have fun. Be careful and have blast!

(You'll like the Holiday-I've been on it before and a girl I work with is engaged to a guy she met on that same boat!)
Old August 1st, 2007, 07:00 AM
First Mate

Capris are fine for the dining room on casual nights. For daytime, most people find they wear their bathing suit all day and throw a cover-up on. Nobody is going to notice if you wear the same pair of capris twice, so mix and match all your clothes.

Celebration 2/96
Imagination 2/97
Fascination 12/97
Imagination 3/99
Spirit 11/01
Sensation 1/02
Pride 11/02
Voyager of the Seas 5/03
Conquest 10/04
Conquest 10/29/06
Inspiration 11/08
Celebrity Solstice 2/09
Oasis of the Seas 10/16/10
Old August 1st, 2007, 12:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Honeybear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Girl
Capris are fine for the dining room on casual nights. For daytime, most people find they wear their bathing suit all day and throw a cover-up on. Nobody is going to notice if you wear the same pair of capris twice, so mix and match all your clothes.
Ah, they say great minds think alike! That was Exactly what I was going to say! On sea days I wear a bathing suit and coveup all day!
the SENSATION

"Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."