Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 2nd, 2007, 09:56 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to hats1305
Default carnival fantasy ship any good??

i'm going on carnival fantasy on september third to mexico.. can anyone give me any extra tips or information about the ship?? it would be nice thank you
Sponsored Links
Old August 3rd, 2007, 01:43 PM
Passenger

We were on the Fantasy in April of this year and found her to be absolutely wonderful. The ship is one of the smaller ones in Carnival's fleet but it never felt crowded. The staff throughout the ship was very friendly and extremely accomodating without being intrusive. We were on the Main deck, oceanview cabin and slept like babies. We were never disturbed by any noise whatsoever. Service in the dining room was great and we never felt rushed. I would almost swear room service was waiting in the hall with our order ready as soon we called. We never saw our Room Steward but our cabin was cleaned, ice bucket filled & towels changed twice daily. This was the most relaxing, refreshing vacation we've been on in years. You'll LOVE the Fantasy!!!
Old August 3rd, 2007, 05:46 PM
Admiral

The Fantasy is a "fun"ship. Although it is the oldest of its class, it has held up well.

We sailed on it in December 2006, March 2007 and are headed out again one week from tomorrow!!!

Big Tex will be your cruise director. He is a lot of fun.

Across the back of the Lido deck, you will find the Pizza, the Deli and a Bar. Room service was good on the last 2 cruises, as was the food in general. I am not a buffet person, so I can't comment on that.

The new terminal in New Orleans is excellent. You literally park on top of where you check in. $14 a day for parking. If you are flying in, $28.00 for a taxi one way from the airport.

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND