Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 3rd, 2007, 11:01 AM
Familiar Face

Send a message via MSN to purpledevilduck
Default Carnival Valor

Is anyone else on the Carnival Valor sailing from Miami on Sept 30? Any tips from thoes who have sailed from miami or sailed on the Valor? This is my first cruise. Thanks
Carnival Valor Sept/Oct 2007
Carnival Freedom Jan 2010
Carnival Liberty Feb 2013

Sponsored Links
Old August 3rd, 2007, 07:42 PM
Admiral

Jonathan,a Great Ship and crew!!

Are you going Eastern,or Western?
Old August 3rd, 2007, 08:20 PM
Admiral

be prepared for a wonderful time The only downer was the aft Washington Dining room was next to impossible to find, otherwise..great ship.
Bring some good sunscreen though. I got baked in Grand Cayman and the ship's stores only sold the expensive stuff. I purchased some cheap stuff on shore which turned me ghostly pale.

Read and post cruise reviews

/ticker.png">
Old August 3rd, 2007, 09:21 PM
Passenger

I will be coming off when you are getting on . So we will leave the light on for you.

Sovereign of the seas 7/16/1994
Majesty of the seas 7/16/1995
Rhapsody of the seas 7/19/1997
Sovereign of the seas 5/01/1998
Seward 5/12/1999
Miracle 9/24/2006
Valor 9/23/2007
Fantasy 12/10/2007
Old August 3rd, 2007, 09:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

I am on the Valor for 9/30. This will be my 4th cruise on this ship. She is a great ship with an awsome crew, plus you will love the ports. You are in for a real treat on this cruise. I will be happy to answer any questions you have. katie
Old August 3rd, 2007, 09:32 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoth
be prepared for a wonderful time The only downer was the aft Washington Dining room was next to impossible to find, otherwise..great ship. Bring some good sunscreen though. I got baked in Grand Cayman and the ship's stores only sold the expensive stuff. I purchased some cheap stuff on shore which turned me ghostly pale.
Thoth you are right,I kept missing the floor,and had to take another level down...the nice lady kindly pushed the elevator for me everytime I got it wrong....we just laughed,and I headed to the elevator
Old August 3rd, 2007, 09:44 PM
Beginner

The valor is a great ship! I'll be cruising on it for the second time on August 12! The night life is great, the food is better, and the pools are really nice as well. If you have any specific questions I'd be glad to elaborate.
Old August 4th, 2007, 09:17 AM
Passenger

We sailed on this ship last year and to date it was the best cruise yet. Go get dive certified and dive in Roatan and Belize. It is incredible. The ship overall was clean and the staff was friendly. Be careful if you are going outside the ship to book shore excursions for Costa Maya, the ship skipped this port on our cruise due to high winds. Book Captain Marvins in Grand Cayman for the Stingray City experience, we've used them 3 times and they're fantastic and much cheaper. Have a great time.
Scott
Old August 5th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott C
We sailed on this ship last year and to date it was the best cruise yet. Go get dive certified and dive in Roatan and Belize. It is incredible. The ship overall was clean and the staff was friendly. Be careful if you are going outside the ship to book shore excursions for Costa Maya, the ship skipped this port on our cruise due to high winds. Book Captain Marvins in Grand Cayman for the Stingray City experience, we've used them 3 times and they're fantastic and much cheaper. Have a great time.
Scott
Scott I thought about this,until I saw shark week yesterday

Didn't know Bull Sharks are in fresh water also
Old August 8th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via MSN to purpledevilduck
Default Thank you

Thanks for all the great encouragement. I am going on the exotic western Caribbean cruise. Is there anything on board I should make sure I do or eat at?
Carnival Valor Sept/Oct 2007
Carnival Freedom Jan 2010
Carnival Liberty Feb 2013

Old August 8th, 2007, 10:54 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoth
be prepared for a wonderful time The only downer was the aft Washington Dining room was next to impossible to find, otherwise..great ship. Bring some good sunscreen though. I got baked in Grand Cayman and the ship's stores only sold the expensive stuff. I purchased some cheap stuff on shore which turned me ghostly pale.
Thoth you are right,I kept missing the floor,and had to take another level down...the nice lady kindly pushed the elevator for me everytime I got it wrong....we just laughed,and I headed to the elevator
Yep, same here! The problem is it's on deck 3 but can't be accessed from that deck, unless you guess correctly on elevators. Usually I found myself on deck 5 and would go down by the sushi bar to get to the top floor of the dining room, which is deck 4, but I would need to cut through Winston's Bar. Finally I found that if I went to the disco on deck 5 and went down 2 flights of stairs then that would get me to deck 3. Of course if one was forward in the ship, they might have to use the Lincoln Dining room as an egress way. I felt for those who desired a quiet dinner in the Lincoln. What a muddle !

/ticker.png">
Old August 9th, 2007, 12:01 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cutiecat Send a message via Yahoo to cutiecat

The Valor is a beautiful ship with a fabulous crew (at least they were when I went). It's by far my favorite. Have a good time!
Old August 9th, 2007, 08:06 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpledevilduck
Thanks for all the great encouragement. I am going on the exotic western Caribbean cruise. Is there anything on board I should make sure I do or eat at?
Try the lobster....Great!!! not tough,also very good!! the sushi...the fish and chips....and the melting chocalate cake with ice cream was pretty good....the late nite chocolate buffet was very good!!!, but TOO!! Many picture takers...A Long Line!!