CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   It's a "SUITE" life (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/337402-its-suite-life.html)

cruisebum August 4th, 2007 01:29 PM

It's a "SUITE" life

Just booked a cat.11 on the Triumph. Is there a difference in service in the state"suite"room or is everything the same as a regular state room?
For the money spent, there has to be something a little different, something besides the room.
I would like to hear your experience in a suite.
We are excited to try out the SUITE LIFE!!

dina August 4th, 2007 01:57 PM

You get the VIP treatment. Good for you.. Your embarkment will be streamlined... you don't have to wait in line. The rooms are a little bit bigger and its wonderful.. Have a fantastic cruise.

mehawk August 4th, 2007 02:01 PM

Envious... LOL

misguidedangel August 4th, 2007 03:18 PM

I'd be envoius to, but I did book a Cat 11 suite too on the Conquest for Feb!!!

nurseypoo5 August 4th, 2007 03:31 PM

jealous too, however i just booked an inside cabin (2 of them) in Jan, or i couldnt go lol. Guess in my case its better to get to go then save for later lol...im a now now kinda girl :)

Looks like your gonna have a FABULOUS room and A WONDERFUL time!

carolincanada August 5th, 2007 12:29 PM

Suite Rooms

oops, duplicated ...sorry ...can anyone tell me how to delete a message because I have duplicated it???? I don't see anywhere in here ""edit"" to advise me how to delete the 2nd message....thanks 8)

carolincanada August 5th, 2007 12:30 PM

Suite Rooms

Hi: I have booked a suite on the Carnival Freedom. Some of the extras are a jacuzzi in the bathroom, extra long walk in closets, couch is an ""L"" shaped couch, so twice as long (leather) with an extra chair and a private balcony....that's what I was told by the TA and also shows that on the Carnival site. We are cruising Jan 19/08 and I am sure looking forward to it....I am a first time cruiser as well...have a wonderful holiday 8)

Will August 5th, 2007 01:01 PM

Once you book a Suite you will not go back,until your kids get older and you decide it best they have their Own cabins, and then reality tells you to just be happy to have a Cat 8 LOL

carolincanada August 21st, 2007 08:17 PM

Hi Will: Thanks for your input. I have been told exactly what you are saying more than once. I am really looking forward to the cruise and the suite. You have a great day.....Carol 8)

lifeisschool August 21st, 2007 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nurseypoo5
jealous too, however i just booked an inside cabin (2 of them) in Jan, or i couldnt go lol. Guess in my case its better to get to go then save for later lol...im a now now kinda girl :)

Looks like your gonna have a FABULOUS room and A WONDERFUL time!

Hey Liz,
We booked another cruise in January, too. Ecstasy on the 21st! So, will we be seeing you on the Conquest AND Ecstasy by chance??? I actually formed a group cruise with Nancy (the TA that put together the 4Bs cruise). We've got a bunch of envious friends :twisted: that are finally figuring it out that they can come and play, too! :wink:

huffca August 26th, 2007 03:41 PM

My friends and I splurged for their first cruise and booked cat 12 penthouse suit... we will find out a week from tomorrow. So excited.

Carol

Gail F August 26th, 2007 06:55 PM

I went from an ocean view to a balcony to a suite, ( which was nice) but not worth the extra money to me, so now I have taken the extra money and I am going on my first back to back in a reg balcony.

ferrangi August 26th, 2007 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huffca
My friends and I splurged for their first cruise and booked cat 12 penthouse suit... we will find out a week from tomorrow. So excited.

Carol

So glad I'm one of your friends.... Can't wait! LOL 8) LOL 8)

huffca August 26th, 2007 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferrangi
Quote:

Originally Posted by huffca

Carol

So glad I'm one of your friends.... Can't wait! LOL 8) LOL 8)

ME TOO!!!

flowers August 26th, 2007 08:43 PM

[quote]Wow, Im right behind ya, I finally changed from January 21 to January 26th on the Ecstasy, but we will not be on Conquest until Sept 08. Sounds like we must be following in each others steps...?

cherylroy August 26th, 2007 09:33 PM

I booked a balcony gty and was upgraded to the penthouse on our upcoming cruise! However...... we go on the same cruise 4 months later with friends (on a budget) and have to go to an oceanview. That is gonna be hard!!!!!!!!!!

carolincanada September 28th, 2007 02:33 PM

Suite

I Carol: You should be back now.....how was the suite. Can you give me any info...thanks....Carol

CA Cruiser September 28th, 2007 06:55 PM

We were upgraded to a Suite last month and it wasn't a "Sweet" deal. We had the 1st cabin in the front of the ship so we never got to use the balcony because there was too much wind and we were directly under the treadmills so we were woke up every day at 7:15am. I wrote a letter asking for the difference between an OV (which we essentially had) and a mini-suite, which we paid for and they offered only $300/pp. Any thoughts. We really missed having a balcony, which we did pay a lot for!

carolincanada September 29th, 2007 07:51 PM

Hi Teresa: Being I ""teach customer service"", I would suggest asking for the companies manager of customer service and tell them how much you looked forward to the balcony, which in essence you lost the use of. Advise them how disappointed you were with ""their"" recommendatins of the so called upgrade. Also advise them, had you been forwarned of the drawbacks with this upgrade, you would never have changed your existing room. Be sweet about it though, you get more with honey than anything else. Suggest you would like to give Carnival another try in the future, but that depends on how you will be treated and compensated for NOW... Hopefully this will help some....Carol

huffca October 2nd, 2007 04:34 AM

Re: Suite

Quote:

Originally Posted by carolincanada
I Carol: You should be back now.....how was the suite. Can you give me any info...thanks....Carol

Loved the room. and the larger balcony. Although we didn't use the jetted tub. and the sofa bed isn't comfy. I asked for a roll away. the sofa bed sheets didn't tuck in to anything so the first time you moved you were on the leather sofa. Our steward was wonderful. I loved the food in the dining room. My friend Tammy ferrangi posted our pictures with the Penthouse Suite. Check the photo gallery.

Lmass23 October 2nd, 2007 05:07 PM

I've been in the suite on the Triumph years ago and don't think its worth the extra money. I'd stick with the category 9A, corner wrap around balcony. The room is bigger, the balcony is the BEST on board and SUPER cheap compared to the suite. The VIP check-in is great, but I'd give it up ANYDAY for the wrap around balcony!!

carolincanada October 2nd, 2007 05:38 PM

Hi Lmasss: That is good to know for next time. On the website, you never get to see much of the balconies....I didn't even know there was such a thing, plus, you say the rooms are bigger.....I'll certainly keep that one in mind.....thanks again...Carol

huffca October 2nd, 2007 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lmass23
I've been in the suite on the Triumph years ago and don't think its worth the extra money. I'd stick with the category 9A, corner wrap around balcony. The room is bigger, the balcony is the BEST on board and SUPER cheap compared to the suite. The VIP check-in is great, but I'd give it up ANYDAY for the wrap around balcony!!

The wrap around balcony sounds great. But I usually like mid ship. how is it being on the end of the ship?

carolincanada October 2nd, 2007 05:42 PM

Hi Carol: I was checking out the gallery for your pics, hoping to see what the room looked like from another angle. I couldn't really tell...BUT, you 3 ladies sure looked like you were really enjoying yourself....ha ha....Carol

Lmass23 October 2nd, 2007 06:37 PM

I LOVE the back of the ship! There's a little more rattling, but the view from the back is amazing! Plus, you can actually tan in the back. The balconies are equipped with lounge chairs you can lay in and tan. I'd suggest trying the back -- you'll never want a room anywhere else!

I'm on the Triumph in November and was able to get an extended balcony room (catagory 8a) for only $649 (past guest member price). Some people don't know, but there are extended balcony rooms on almost every ship - all you have to do is ask! My room is L shaped, more closet space, more windows, and 90sq ft balcony for the price of a regular 8a balcony with a 35sq ft balcony. Ask, and you shall receive!! :)

huffca October 2nd, 2007 06:47 PM

Thank you I may try that sometime. Sounds nice.

Carol