Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 5th, 2007, 05:36 AM
Captain

Default Carnival conquest 9/9....whos coming

and what time did you request for dinner. The TA said if you asked for early all of us will be early, same with late. Curious to see who i might eat with, since thats my favorite excursion.

I know there is a meet on board forum, but no one seems to visit it much, so if it needs to be moved, give it a few days so others can know it was here!

Ok, i'll start

Liz and Terry Bateman Late dinner.
Sting ray city (capt marvs sounds good, i'd like to go with others so we dont miss the durn boat)

Sunset beach (cuz its cheap and no people actually STAYING there due to room renovations, still the water park and bars and food open)

Mexico were going snorkeling, and shopping...where to snorkle i dunno...i'd rather do "it our selves, cuz im cheap)

were staying in Galveston on Friday and Sat night if anyone wants to meet for dinner!
Sponsored Links
Old August 5th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Captain

bump
Old August 5th, 2007, 07:43 PM
First Mate

Hi Liz!
Margaret and Doug Johnson here...early dinner (otherwise I never make it to the midnight buffets!) We've been going crazy lately taking care of parents - both sets, so we haven't figured out everything we want to do, yet. I'm really interested in Stingray City, too. In January, we decided to wing it in Mexico since dh speaks fluent Spanish. We ended up renting a jeep and got discount tickets to Playa Mia...had a blast (cost us $3 apiece)
We're also considering the Rose Hall tour in Jamaica. I am SO looking forward to this cruise! We will be camping with the kids the week before, get back on Friday and then head down to Houston or Galveston (depending on how long we feel like driving!) on Saturday.

Rhapsody of the Seas - long ago, in a galaxy far away!
Ecstasy - Jan. 2007
Conquest - Sept. 2007 cruisemates 4Bs
Ecstasy - Jan. 2008
Old August 5th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Admiral

Hi, guys

Darlene and Don here; early seating

We're traveling with our son, daughter-in-law, and precious grandbaby, Phillip, Joni, and Emilie -- all seasoned cruisers!

In Jamaica we are looking at Sunset Beach Resort, too

Grand Cayman, we will probably just find spot somewhere on 7-mile beach. We swam with the stingrays in Belize, and highly recommend it, for those haven't tried it before!

Cozumel, probably going to Mr. Sanchos (do you see a trend here? )

We live 30 minutes or so from Galveston, so I would love to meet up on Friday or Saturday.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old August 5th, 2007, 10:36 PM
First Mate

John and Tracy (who is a virgin cruiser!), late seating.

MB - Sandals

GC - Capt. Marvin's all day snorkeling and stingray

Cozumel - Snorkeling Chankanaab (eat lunch on ship), shopping, Senor Frogs.

I cannot TELL you how much I am looking forward to this cruise!!! And thank you for starting this thread, Liz! Excellent idea!
Old August 6th, 2007, 01:27 AM
First Mate

Hi Liz,

I am so glad you started this thread.

Jim and Sherrie here. This will be our third cruise on the Conquest. Our last cruise on this ship was in April.

Late seating for us. It seems like we return from ports at the last minute. This gives us plenty of time so we don't have to rush to get to dinner.

Cayman: Not sure what we will do there. In the past we have gone SCUBA diving, snorkeling, and have done Sting Ray City--which we loved. You will like it. It is amazing. I think we may just head out to 7-mile beach.

Jamaica: We usually take a catamaran there and go snorkeling. We have also been to Margaritaville. This time I think we might just enjoy the ship
and not go into port.

Cozumel: We have done snorkeling, SCUBA diving, shopping. We like Chankanaab (sp). I think this time we might head for Paradise Beach.

I am so looking forward to this cruise and getting to meet all of you. It looks like most of us are from Texas. I have already met fellow Cruisemate and Conquest Cruiser--Darlene. She and I are practically neighbors. She is just delightful. I am so excited that she and her family will also be on this cruise. Like Darlene, we live less than 30 minutes from the cruise terminal. We did not make any reservations for Galveston, so we will just leave from home on Sunday. I hope all of you have a great trip down to Galveston. I also hope we have pretty weather that day!

We have been out of the state for the last four weeks. We just got back in town. There is a lot of catching up I need to do around here. I am probably the only woman in the world that hates to shop, but I know I need to hit the malls tomorrow to get ready for the cruise. I am starting to panic now.
Ecstasy 12/12/09,Conquest 4/12/09, Conquest 4/19/09,Conquest 2/09, Pride 10/08, Ecstasy 1/08, Miracle 3/08, Miracle 4/08, Miracle 5/06, Conquest 12/08, Conquest 9/07, Conquest 4/07, Conquest 8/03, Destiny 5/05, Adv of Seas 5/05, Elation 12/04, Jubilee 4/03, Sensation 6/00, Celebration 5/93, Celebration 6/92,Holiday 5/92, Tropical 3/90, NCL--Windward, Skyward, Sunward
Old August 6th, 2007, 03:09 AM
First Mate

nurseypoo,

It's Sherrie again. Here it is in the middle of the night, and I am still playing catch-up reading the latest posts on Cruisemates.

I don't remember on which thread I read this, but you had made a comment about "staying up late" so you could make it to the Chocolate Buffet. Things can change; but when we were on the Conquest this past April, the chocolate buffet was actually in the afternoon. We were eating lunch very late that day. I had just gotten my food, and Jim mentioned I had better go get in line if I wanted chocolate, because the chocolate buffet lines would be closing soon. Anyway, I can check my Carnival Capers tomorrow and let you know when it was scheduled for sure.
Ecstasy 12/12/09,Conquest 4/12/09, Conquest 4/19/09,Conquest 2/09, Pride 10/08, Ecstasy 1/08, Miracle 3/08, Miracle 4/08, Miracle 5/06, Conquest 12/08, Conquest 9/07, Conquest 4/07, Conquest 8/03, Destiny 5/05, Adv of Seas 5/05, Elation 12/04, Jubilee 4/03, Sensation 6/00, Celebration 5/93, Celebration 6/92,Holiday 5/92, Tropical 3/90, NCL--Windward, Skyward, Sunward
Old August 6th, 2007, 09:32 AM
First Mate

Oh yeah - John and I are driving down that morning.
Old August 6th, 2007, 01:50 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Nice to see the plans you all have made. Since we are not beachy people, we pretty much either do island tours or shop, and look:):)

This will be our first ever stop in Montego Bay, and since that issue there a couple of months sgo, I must admit, I am a bit leary, but may make it to Margaritaville! I haver heard raves about Sunset Beach!

I saw a bit of Samantha Brown last week, although, in a different part of Mexico, they showed those cute bags, made from gum wrappers, so in Cozumel, I will be on a mission!

I hope to meet you all at the cocktail party..Time and place has yet to be determined by Carnival, more info will folow, soon, I hope. So far, it's nice to see all the enthusiasm, and yes, me too, I need it bad!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old August 6th, 2007, 05:06 PM
First Mate

I can't wait to get my first cruise documents! Hopefully it will be soon. I opted for the ones in the mail.
Old August 6th, 2007, 06:22 PM
Admiral

Regarding Sunset Beach Resort in Jamaica....

I sent them an e-mail asking about the status for the date we will be in port. This is the reply I got from them:

"Thank You for viewing our website. The day pass for crusie ship passenager are available at the front desk. The cost for one adult is $40US and for children is $20US however, the resort will be upgraded in the period in which you are plnning to come. If you could call or email us next week to varify if we are going to take crusie ship passenager.

Thank You
Tudie Nanco
Reservation Agent"
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old August 8th, 2007, 04:43 AM
Captain

bump!

we'll all have to get together and decide who wants to go as groups on some of our excursions

I do hope sunset is open, i'd love sandels but its just twice as much as sunset

anyway...1 month and counting!
Old August 8th, 2007, 09:56 AM
First Mate

I already booked with Capt. Marvins in GC. I did the full day one because I am cheap and was looking for one where we didn't have to buy food at lunch. But I also didn't want to rush through. We'd love company if anyone wants to join us.

I think Kuki said that Nancy will try to put us all together in the dining room unless we asked otherwise. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone! My husband wants to start "pre-packing". We are pumped!
Old August 8th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by trarecar
I already booked with Capt. Marvins in GC. I did the full day one because I am cheap and was looking for one where we didn't have to buy food at lunch. But I also didn't want to rush through. We'd love company if anyone wants to join us.

I think Kuki said that Nancy will try to put us all together in the dining room unless we asked otherwise. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone! My husband wants to start "pre-packing". We are pumped!
if i can quit obsessing on my wieght and how white i am (like the driven snow) i'll feel better lol. Nicole kidman 20 shades darker than I am! i may scare the fishies!

yup we would like to join you. what time is it over tho, i do not want to risk missing the boat like by hours lol. biggest fear.

do you have info you can pm me so we can book? what time does it start and finish? we can maybe bring a little cooler also and get sandwiches from the deli

i want to snorkle also in cozumel
Old August 8th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Admiral

Liz, please don't be concerned about being white! You are the smart one, to protect yourself from the sun! Have a good time and do what you want. Also, keep in mind, you will never see these people again!
Mariner of the Seas

Old August 8th, 2007, 09:37 PM
First Mate

Liz, I pm'd you!

And I am white, white white, too! But I am going to get a fake tan before I get on the ship. You might want to do that if it is bothering you. I don't normally tan, but I don't want to blind people.

Does anyone know when we should get our docs? Is it right around the 30 day mark?
Old August 8th, 2007, 11:16 PM
First Mate

Trarecar,

Now that it is within the 30 day range they could come two to three weeks before the cruise. We did book one cruise a year or so ago and it was within the 30-day period. We never got documents on that cruise. But it is not a problem. As long as you have completed the Fun Pass you will be on the manifest of the ship. When we got to the dock, the baggage handler got a supervisor and everything was fine. They looked up our cabin number and completed the baggage tags there at the dock. It seems like the last few times on Carnival the documents have been sent by a courier service instead of through the mail. They have just left them on on front porch if we were not at home. Anyway, don't worry, they will be here very soon. We also opted for the paper documents. It's a happy day when they arrive!

Sherrie
Old August 9th, 2007, 09:21 AM
Admiral

I asked Trip about this, since she had recently spoken with Nancy. She was told that the docs would be here about 3 weeks before the cruise. Looks like we all have to wait another week or so before we start dancin. That will give us time to pick out our dancin' shoes!
Mariner of the Seas

Old August 9th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Admiral

Liz, what hotel are you staying in, in Galveston? Margaret, do you have a hotel room in Galveston for Saturday night?

Do y'all want to try to get together on Saturday evening, for either dinner or drinks? Hopefully Sherrie and Jim can join us, too. Let me know, and I will try to organize something.
Mariner of the Seas

Old August 9th, 2007, 04:04 PM
Beginner

Default I am going!!!!!!

Myself and my husband of 1 day will be on this cruise and we are very excited. We are from Ohio, Go Bucks!!!! This will be my fourth cruise and it will be his 2nd cruise. We are very excited about this as this will be our first vacation without some form of company with us. All alone, on our honeymoon, well you get the drift. We are having a big wedding and have been planning it for about 1 1/2 now. Talk about some stress. I think we will breath a sigh of relief when we step on board that ship, as we all know when you are on a cruise you are treated like royalty. My mom has set everything up for us as she was the one to pay for the cruise, (yeah I know what a good wedding present huh?). I believe she set us up for the late night dinner.
Montego Bay, Jamaica: I think we are hitting Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville and the beach around it and maybe some shops.

Cayman Islands: I am not really sure what we are doing here. Any suggestions would be helpful. I am DEFEINTLY not doing anything with sting rays(Brings back steve erwin).

Cozmel: I have been here before and I think we are going to head to Mr. Sancho's as that place has everything. But I think there we are going four wheeling and hanging at the beach, do some snorkling and just have fun.

We are looking forward to our trip. We are flying into Galveston on Sunday our flight leaves at 5:45am. I wanna be one of the first one's on the boat . I am looking forward to meeting all of you and remember we are newly weds but we are young(22 &23) and fun and are ready to party and celebrate. Hope to see you all there.

Ashley & Dustin
Old August 9th, 2007, 07:38 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2gonow
Liz, what hotel are you staying in, in Galveston? Margaret, do you have a hotel room in Galveston for Saturday night?

Do y'all want to try to get together on Saturday evening, for either dinner or drinks? Hopefully Sherrie and Jim can join us, too. Let me know, and I will try to organize something.
I'm not sure if we will go all the way down to Galveston. We might have a place to stay in Houston. We'll have already driven back from Louisiana on Friday, so, I'm thinking we'll stay in Houston, and then just park at the terminal.

Keep us in the loop, whatever you decide to do, and if we can, we'll meet up!

Ecstasy - Jan. 2007
Ecstasy - Jan. 2008
Old August 10th, 2007, 09:21 AM
Admiral

Ashley, congratulations on your upcoming wedding! We promise not to interfere with your on-board activities tooooooo much! I look forward to meeting you!
Mariner of the Seas

Old August 10th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Beginner

No no you guys cannot interfer. Dustin and I are very friendly people and we love getting out and meeting new people. Please please include us in on the activities. We are very excited to meet all of you as well.
Old August 10th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Admiral

By all means you will be included! What I was referring to was those mid-morning "knock" on the door and then no one there, type things.
Mariner of the Seas

Old August 10th, 2007, 09:03 PM
First Mate

Ashley and Dustin,

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. Wow--honeymooning on the Conquest will be great. You will love the ship. We look forward to meeting you guys.

Sherrie
Old August 10th, 2007, 11:27 PM
First Mate

Whoopdeedoo! Just found a killer deal for a formal dress at a going out of business sale! It's actually for my daughter's wedding, but, I've got to keep up with Liz! 8)

Ecstasy - Jan. 2007
Ecstasy - Jan. 2008
Old August 21st, 2007, 10:53 AM
First Mate

Anybody gotten their docs yet?
Old August 21st, 2007, 02:56 PM
Captain

no docs yet, and when i talked to the TA a week or so ago she said she was going overseas? should she be sending them???

Darlene we would LOVE to go eat with ya'll. I know an inexpensive supposedly to die for fish place (yanno the kind, everything is mostly fried, so its so good lol) Caseys. i know i'll eat there twice will it be just the 4 of us?

Were staying at the Baymont, almost all hotels appear full! priceline wont accept a 102.00 bid on a 3 star so we got this hotel for 89 one night and 109 the next, its alright with us, and its pretty new (a year old i think).

We'll have our car so let us know. PM you cell number and i'll forward you mine

READY FOR MY DARN DOCS ALREADY! ready to do a dance!

oh and my nice formal is still to tight and my other formal is too big now, yet somehow im still too fat and omg white.....i tried to fake tan once (the spray on) i turned a ghastly shade of ORANGE and even with the gell on your hands and feet i had streaks. I had to go to work and tell them all i had an unfortunate tanning accident.

so....i'm white but hell....if you love me you'll get passed it!
Old August 25th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Admiral

Bump to the top, so I can remember some names!
Mariner of the Seas

Old August 26th, 2007, 01:22 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to cruzaddict

I'll be the brunette they are dragging off the ship kicking and weeping because I don't want to leave it...we have to get off and go home on the day you all arrive

HAVE A GREAT CRUISE!!!

Carnival Ecstasy 4-06, Carnival Conquest 9-07
Mariner OTS 9-08, Carnival Conquest 2-09
Carnival Conquest 9-09, Carnival Fantasy 1-10
Carnival Triumph 5-11, Mariner OTS 11-11