Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 5th, 2007, 12:04 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to Jenelle
Default Just wanted to say thank-you to all

Hi everyone

I booked my cruise since Dec 2006 to Bahamas on sensation leaving in 21days.(Aug 26th- 30th) And from the day i booked my cruise everyone on this board has been my secret planners.I am a pro thanks to all of you,everyday i run home from work to see what new posts they are and what i can learn and add to my list.This will be my first cruise on carnival and i think i have it down pack so here is what i have plan :

Please help me if you think i should change anything.

1.Flighing into orlando 3 days B 4 cruise staying on International Dr(ONLY BECAUSE RADDISON BY THE PORT IS BOOKED)so will take my son to SEA WORLD

2.Drive the rental 1 Hr to Port and Park the rental for the 4 days =$60.00 for days i am gone.

3.Did a Guarteen Rm...On MAin DECK

4.There is nothing to do in Freeport...so i will go to the market then beach i will not do any tours all on my own will ask local driver for best beach (NO ONE NEVER SAYS THE NAME OF THE BEACHES IN FREEPORT.

5. In NASSAU...Too many things will pick when i get there still narrowing it down

will give tips on cruise -
and i am going to the spa
and to my husband's suprise i will start to pack our bags next weekend

so i think i am set please ask any questions or any input will be great

Thanks...Friends in my head lol
Sponsored Links
Old August 5th, 2007, 01:10 PM
Admiral

Hi Janelle:
Sounds like you've pretty well got it figured out! You'll enjoy I-drive, as there's lots to do there and close to there. Parking your rental car at the port is O.K.,,,just figure on paying for parking as well. I think it's $12 per day to park there, so probably another $48. You're right about Freeport, IMO there isn't much to do there, so go to the "Port Talks" aboard ship, and see if there's a tour you would like, and if not, just stay aboard ship, enjoy the pool and hot tub while everyone else is ashore. Nassau has lots of stuff for a first timer, so the Atlantis, or something like that. Your guarantee cabin will probably get upgraded,,,maybe even to a higher deck.
Have a great cruise!

Ken
Old August 5th, 2007, 02:06 PM
Admiral

Have a wonderful time

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old August 5th, 2007, 08:19 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Just wanted to say thank-you to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenelle
Hi everyone

I booked my cruise since Dec 2006 to Bahamas on sensation leaving in 21days.(Aug 26th- 30th) And from the day i booked my cruise everyone on this board has been my secret planners.I am a pro thanks to all of you,everyday i run home from work to see what new posts they are and what i can learn and add to my list.This will be my first cruise on carnival and i think i have it down pack so here is what i have plan :

Please help me if you think i should change anything.

1.Flighing into orlando 3 days B 4 cruise staying on International Dr(ONLY BECAUSE RADDISON BY THE PORT IS BOOKED)so will take my son to SEA WORLD

2.Drive the rental 1 Hr to Port and Park the rental for the 4 days =$60.00 for days i am gone.

3.Did a Guarteen Rm...On MAin DECK

4.There is nothing to do in Freeport...so i will go to the market then beach i will not do any tours all on my own will ask local driver for best beach (NO ONE NEVER SAYS THE NAME OF THE BEACHES IN FREEPORT.

5. In NASSAU...Too many things will pick when i get there still narrowing it down

will give tips on cruise -
and i am going to the spa
and to my husband's suprise i will start to pack our bags next weekend

so i think i am set please ask any questions or any input will be great

Thanks...Friends in my head lol
I parked the rental car there. It was $48.

The beach is by Port Luyca market place. It is by the Westin. When I was there it was beautiful but had a lot of Seaweed in the water.

I wouldn't do my own thing at the Atlantis after 6:00 PM. I did that. I don't think it is worth the cash to go on a tour to the Atlantis. It was real easy to take a 10 min cab ride.

Brian

Sensation