Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 5th, 2007, 11:11 PM
Passenger

Default Radison Hotel in Miami?

I can't get a flight out on Sunday, Nov 4th, so I have to stay a night in a hotel and fly out on Monday morning. I booked the Radison Hotel and Resort on Priceline for $62. (with tax) (normal rate is $225 a night). Has anyone stayed here before? Is it as nice as it looks on the website?
Sponsored Links
Old August 5th, 2007, 11:52 PM
Admiral

It's the one near the port I bet, probably Downtown on Biscayne Blvd. I just booked it on Priceline for $45 at the end of September. Hope it's nice. Tripadvisor has a few reviews on it. I didn't see anything earth shattering review-wise on it. Most cruise passengers had favorable things to say. It doesn't seem as positive from business travelers. But for our purposes and the price we paid, I am sure it will suffice.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old August 7th, 2007, 01:11 AM
Passenger

I stayed there a couple of years ago and I wasn't disappointed and we will stay at the Radisson this month before we sail on the Imagination. Two years ago our stay cost $163.00, congrats on your cost.
Sensation 10/2002
Majesty of the Seas 4/2003
Glory 8/2005
Miracle 8/2006
Imagination 8/2007
Destiny 11/2007
Valor 7/2008
Victory .
Old August 7th, 2007, 01:20 AM
Passenger

We stayed at the Raddison a couple of years ago and also got it on Priceline. I think we paid around $50. It was a really nice hotel and it overlooked Biscayne Bay. We had a rental car from the airport and was going to drop it off at the hotel (Raddison). I paid the full fee to park it in the garage (to drive in and out unlimited times $22?) because I asked the garage attendant about restaurants in the area. He said that we would have to drive to the restaurants. We could have paid the $14 instead. Come to find out, we ended out walking to the tram (free) and riding it to the market where there are plenty of restaurants (for instance Bubba Gumps). We just picked up a local map of downtown and it showed the free tram. Blocks from the hotel.

IN the end, we ended up dropping the car off at the Marriott and got a free shuttle ride over to the port. No charge!!

Hope this helps. Have a great cruise
Old August 7th, 2007, 09:43 PM
First Mate

I stayed at this hotel in march of this year. When you figure out the elevators then you will have a nice hotel. I stayed on the 21st floor overlooking the port and the cruise ships fantasik (sp) view. You will like it. I would have no problem staying there again. Try the cuban sandwich there at the hotel. One of the best cuban sandwich i've had so far. Enjoy the hotel. Henry
Old August 7th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

YEs, stayed there for a pre cruise, it is nice. I also used Priceline and got that Hotel...Nice pool, restaurant, etc.

Message Boards Moderator
Old August 7th, 2007, 09:52 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

I have to wonder if that is the hotel I stayed at in 1991. It was the Sheraton then and it had Brickell Park right next door (to the South) and a walk way around to the where you could see the Miami River come out into the Bay. Claughton Island was really close. The views to the port back then were amazing..alas, that was when the SS Norway was still in use. I could see four of the seven ships in port. Remember, in 1991 the largest ship was around 70000 GRT range. I went on a ship was was 46000 GRT...

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....