CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   wrinkled clothes (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/337535-wrinkled-clothes.html)

cjslvrv August 6th, 2007 07:44 PM

wrinkled clothes

I have never cruised before and i was just wondering about irons on board the valor are there ones you can use or do you have to send them to the laundy to be ironed?

IBCRUZIN' August 6th, 2007 08:09 PM

Wrinked clothes are sexy!!!! It is the cruise look! :shock:

Seriously, there is a self-service laundromat on most of the cabin decks. In these laundromats is an iron and ironing board. On formal night if you wait too late there will be a few people waiting to use it.

You can, if you want, send your clothes out to have the ship's staff press them but there is a cost to that unless you are a platinum member or are in a suite. (I believe??)

ready2gonow August 6th, 2007 10:29 PM

I have used Downey Wrinkle Release and was amazed at the results! Try it at home and see how effective it is! And I don't own stock in the product! LOL

jleq August 6th, 2007 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IBCRUZIN'
Seriously, there is a self-service laundromat on most of the cabin decks.

Laundry rooms [each with irons] are opposite:

[No "travel irons" alllowed. Along with the Wrinkle Releaser, you can bring a steamer/turn on the shower's hot water on full blast/let the steam build. That will take about 30 seconds. Hang washable clothes in there that have wrinkles]

Kuki August 7th, 2007 12:17 AM

We use a small travel steamer.. works great for a quick de-wrinkle.

SUSAN CURTIS August 7th, 2007 12:27 AM

HSN sell a steamer by Joy Magnano (sp). It is awesome. I hardly ever use my iron any more. Who need to set up an ironing board and all when this is soooo easy.

Magnolia Blossom August 7th, 2007 11:58 AM

I got my little steamer for less than $10 at WalMart. Works fine, especially if you let things hang in the steamy bath first. The wrinkle spray is good too but I prefer not to pack any more liquids than necessary these days.

carnie August 7th, 2007 12:33 PM

We take a small squirt bottle. Fill it with water, mist your clothes, then shake a few times to get the wrinkles out. Works best if you can plan ahead on what to wear (so you can let the clothes dry before wearing). Works like a charm and is a cheap alternative that doesn't take up much space in your luggage.

rosetattoo August 7th, 2007 02:58 PM

I agree with Darlene, the Downy Wrinkle Releaser works like a miracle and you can purchase it in a travel size container.

RobRen August 7th, 2007 06:33 PM

Downey Wrinkle Release for T-shirts, jeans, etc. works great!!!
Don't use it on silk.

We also bring a steam iron for stuff that I don't think is safe for the Downey Wrinkle Release.

tarawood August 8th, 2007 05:55 PM

Also, if you pack hanging clothes in drycleaning bags, they tend to wrinkle less. That seems to work well for us.

paddletoe53 August 8th, 2007 10:18 PM

i bought a raavel steamer at wal-mart for not alot of money

cjslvrv August 9th, 2007 06:03 PM

thanks to everyone for there suggestions I will buy the downey wrinkle release and maybe a steam iron I am so excted only 10 weeks until we cruise I hope we like it

luckycruzer August 10th, 2007 10:57 PM

I do the DC bag thing

and carry on my garment bag(I drv to port)..always good results..but still take my steamer.

IBCRUZIN' August 10th, 2007 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjslvrv
thanks to everyone for there suggestions I will buy the downey wrinkle release and maybe a steam iron I am so excted only 10 weeks until we cruise I hope we like it

Steamers are allowed but no irons. I am not sure what the cabin attendants do if they find an iron in someone's cabin.

Anyone ever experienced this?