Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 7th, 2007, 12:01 AM
Passenger

Default Victory Out of Norfolk

Anyone out their take a cruise out of Norfolk? I am curious what the embarkation process will be like. Is it easy to get in/out of the port? What is the parking situation, etc. Thx

Carnival Elation 2/07
Carnival Victory 10/07
Sponsored Links
Old August 7th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Passenger

I live in the Norfolk (Hampton Roads) area, specifically Newport News. I haven't used the new cruise terminal nor have I heard any negative comments about it. In my opinion there is plenty of parking but the Waterside area where the ship docks can be a traffic nightmare. The drive from the airport is about 20 - 30 minutes depending on the time of day. As to the ease of getting in and out of port ........... not a problem. As the ship debarks into the Elizabeth River you will sail past the Norfolk Naval Station and view the full spectrum of US Navy ships, then sail over the Hampton Roads tunnel with Fort Monroe a short distance away. From there you will sail the lower Chesapeake Bay for 10 -12 miles before you sail past the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel into the Atlantic Ocean. Hopefully someone who lives in Norfolk will be able to give you a more positive answer to your parking question. Enjoy the Victory
Sensation 10/2002
Majesty of the Seas 4/2003
Glory 8/2005
Miracle 8/2006
Imagination 8/2007
Destiny 11/2007
Valor 7/2008
Victory .
Old August 8th, 2007, 10:16 PM
First Mate

Default NORFOLK

WE live in chesapeake, about 20 min from the NEW HALF MOON CRUISE TERMINAL, and 2 yrs ago took the cruise ouT of here and loved it,parking is about 10 min away, and the area is very nice, the new cruise terminal faces the river and the Portsmouth Naval Hospital, whenleaving the port you get to see the worlds largest naval base and the ship and subs. The area is nice and the people there will direct you where to go. There is a shuttle from the parking area and you are about 20 min from the NORFOLK airport, i dont know about a shuttle from the airport, but its a short cab ride(20 min). if you have any specific questions email me at
rmatthews13@cox.net ENJOY
Bob