Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 7th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Passenger

Default I'M COUNTING DOWN!!!!

OK, I have 6 days till my first cruise....(five days before we leave) I'm starting to get "little butterflies" in my stomach. I think it's just from the excitement and anticipation!!! I'm hoping it all goes well. We'll be traveling with out two daughters who are 14 and 17 on the Inspiration. We're looking at going to Paradise Beach in Cozumel and still not sure what to do in Grand Cayman. Those little stingrays kind of give me the creeps.....

I really feel like I should be packing right now, but I guess I still have time.

Any last minute tips would be welcomed!

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old August 7th, 2007, 11:27 AM
Admiral

LMAO Congrats on your first cruise. You'll have a great time.

I remember being packed days ahead of time so I would "forget" anything., HAHAHA

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old August 7th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Passenger

OOOPPPSSSS............I meant to say "with our two daughters" not without. See, even my fingers aren't working right......
Old August 7th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Admiral

Don't forget all the little things to do around the house: stop the mail, stop the newspaper, call your credit card company and tell them what ports you will be visiting. Take the pets to the kennel , don't want to leave them out in this heat!

Regarding swimming with the stingrays in Grand Cayman, it is a wonderful experience. This is a very popular tour, so that speaks volumes about the safety of it. Grand Cayman is a very tourist-friendly port, so you can always just ask a taxi driver for suggestions for a beach or facility to spend the day.

Last time we were in Cozumel, we went to Paradise Beach and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Have a wonderful cruise!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old August 7th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Passenger

Congrats on your first cruise, firsttimer41!

Our first cruise was two months ago, also aboard the Inspiration. It's a fantastic ship and itinerary for a first cruise. We are now hooked and thankfully had already booked an Alaskan cruise (we leave in three weeks), so no post-cruise depression.

A trip to the stingray sandbar is a must! You don't have to get off the boat and swim with them if you don't want to, but it is a great experience if you can muster the courage. They do look a little daunting coming towards you, but they really are gentle and are just looking for a little squid.

If you have time, I also recommend the Turtle Farm. We just loved being able to hold the little sea turtles, while petting their necks. We only wished we'd had more time there, but we had to get over to the stingrays. The stop in Grand Cayman just wasn't long enough for us.

Enjoy your trip!

Carnival Inspiration June 2007 - Grand Cayman & Cozumel
Dawn Princess August 2007 - North to Alaska
Old August 7th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Location: On the Lido deck of any ship taking shots of Kamakazi's with Partyanimal & Co.

When you are in Grand Cayman, can you please bring me back some Tortuga Rum???!!!! That is sooooooooo yummy! I can taste it already!

Old August 7th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Admiral

Don't forget to pack your sense of humor and flexibility...not everything goes perfectly every time. If you do run into small inconveniences, don't let them ruin your vacation...there is always a solution. The same rules that apply on a land vacation also apply on a cruise...go with the flow, don't let minor things upset you, you can't pre-think and pre-plan every little thing. Not all the advice you have received on this Board will apply to you and your particular cruise experience...remember the best ones and throw the rest right out of your brain.

Have a wonderful time!!!

Rose
Old August 7th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Passenger

You will have a wonderful time! Don't miss the rays- they are great!
Old August 7th, 2007, 08:04 PM
Admiral

The turtle farm in the Caymans is great. Not only do they have some little turtles, they also have some BIG turtles. Across the street from the turtle farm is an animal sanctuary. It's kinda' like a zoo. It's fun also.
While you are in the Caymans you must go to (visit) Hell. There is a Post Office there so you can someone a post card from Hell. There is plenty to do in the Caymans. Enjoy.
Old August 7th, 2007, 08:48 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

I have a few tips for you.

Tortuga rum and rum cakes--must haves from Grand Cayman. There are stores everywhere, but there is a store near the North landing. It is across the street and over from Margaritaville (it's on the left side if your looking at it). You'll know the store because ther willb e a statue of a pirate at the door....wishing I took a pic of that pirate.....

Boastwain's Beach (aka turtle farm) and Stingray City--Do not do Stingray City and Island tour if you truly want to see the turtle farm because you might find yourself with a VERY short time at the turle farm and majority of the time getting to/from and at Stingray City. I do reccommend stringray city, it is amazing and the stringrays are so friendly!

See if you can do a tour of stingray city early in the morning and then cab it to tyhe turtle farm and try to enjoy it as much as you can. There is lots of shopping right off the dock, so don't have go far.

If you have a last tender at 3pm it means make sure you line up before 3pm, but the waits might be long.....the tends take forever to load and unlead.....

If you don't already have a digital camera, get one.....I just bought a waterproof digital camera and I am looking forward to trying it out while snorkling in Half Moon Cay.

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....
Old August 7th, 2007, 08:48 PM
Captain

You couldn't have booked a better first cruise. Grand Cayman and Cozumel ROCK!!! Tampa is a great port to sail from, be sure and be on deck when you pass under the Sunshine bridge. This was our first cruise when Sensation serviced that route and we're hopelessly addicted now. Don't miss the Tortuga rum cake in GC. All the little shops have free samples outside. Might as well begin planned your next cruise, cuz you'll be hooked after this one.
Glory (eastern) 12/2006
Destiny 01/2009
Old August 7th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Passenger

i know the feeling... im leaving on the 12th.. have a great time
Btw.. if you have time in tampa... check out ebor... great restaurants... not far from the port... I reccomend Carmines