Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 9th, 2007, 10:48 AM
Admiral

Default anyone do the 8-day Freedom or 8-day Miracle cruise lately?

Well now that I've take my first cruise with my son, I'm researching which one I'd like to do solo. I have a short list of 3-4 cruises and the "8-day eastern caribbean" itinerary on Freedom is is #2 on my list (as it has 4 sea days and I want to keep sea days to 2/3 if I can). #1 on my list is the "8-day eastern caribbean itinerary" on Miracle .

If you did either of these cruises, and posted a review, please give me the link; I'd love to read it!

Thank you!

(NOTE: checked carnival site and now these are the ships for these cruises...)
Sponsored Links
Old August 9th, 2007, 10:54 AM
Admiral

Michelle, I sailed on the 8 day itinerary on the Carnival Liberty last month. Our itinerary included Nassau, San Juan, St. Thomas, Antigua and Tortola. It was a great cruise. I haven't had time to post my review on the Boards yet. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to help. I wanted to book this same cruise for next year in June but the last sail date for this itinerary is in April. I loved the Liberty so much that I booked a cruise in June 2008 but with a different itinerary.
Old August 9th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Admiral

Michelle, what is the itinerary for the cruise on the Miracle? I was just assuming it was the same as the Liberty but perhaps not.
Old August 9th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosetattoo
Michelle, what is the itinerary for the cruise on the Miracle? I was just assuming it was the same as the Liberty but perhaps not.
Here are their itineraries currently posted on their site:

for 7-day eastern: caribbean

miracle: Ft Lauderdale (Pt Evrglds), FL; Nassau, Bahamas; St. Thomas, USVI; San Juan, Puerto Rico; Grand Turk; Ft Lauderdale (Pt Evrglds), FL

liberty: (2 itineraries)

Miami, FL; San Juan, Puerto Rico; St. Thomas, USVI; St. Maarten, NA; Miami, FL Carnival Liberty Cruise Details

Miami, FL Miami, FL; Half Moon Cay, Bahamas; St. Thomas, USVI; San Juan, Puerto Rico; Grand Turk; Miami, FL Carnival Liberty Cruise Details

southern caribbean:

Fort Lauderdale, FL Ft Lauderdale (Pt Evrglds), FL; St. Maarten, NA; St Kitts, WI; St. Lucia, WI; Ft Lauderdale (Pt Evrglds), FL Carnival Miracle Cruise Details

miracle:
Fort Lauderdale, FL Ft Lauderdale (Pt Evrglds), FL; St. Maarten, NA; St. Lucia, WI; St Kitts, WI; Ft Lauderdale (Pt Evrglds), FL

Fort Lauderdale, FL Ft Lauderdale (Pt Evrglds), FL; St. Maarten, NA; St. Lucia, WI; St Kitts, WI; Ft Lauderdale (Pt Evrglds), FL

Fort Lauderdale, FL Ft Lauderdale (Pt Evrglds), FL; St. Maarten, NA; St Kitts, WI; St. Lucia, WI; Ft Lauderdale (Pt Evrglds), FL
Old August 9th, 2007, 01:34 PM
Admiral

We did the 8 day Liberty in April, and it was outstanding! Liberty is an absolutely beautiful ship, and does have the Movies Under the Stars as well.
We're booked on the 8 day Miracle in October, and fully expect that it will be as good as, or better than Liberty. Miracle is my absolute favorite Carnival ship, as we prefer the Spirit class ship a bit better than the Conquest class. (just a bit smaller, fewer people, less crowds, and better service. IMO)
Either of these will be a cruise to remember I have no doubt!

Ken
Old August 9th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: anyone do the 8-day Freedom or 8-day Miracle cruise late

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle1959
Well now that I've take my first cruise with my son, I'm researching which one I'd like to do solo. I have a short list of 3-4 cruises and the "8-day eastern caribbean" itinerary on Freedom is is #2 on my list (as it has 4 sea days and I want to keep sea days to 2/3 if I can). #1 on my list is the "8-day eastern caribbean itinerary" on Miracle .

If you did either of these cruises, and posted a review, please give me the link; I'd love to read it!

Thank you!

I'm going solo on the 8 night Miracle cruise in a few weeks. I'll let you know how it goes. Just one thing to point out is that you were looking for 2-3 sea days, the Miracle is 4 sea days. I prefer the sea days. Two sea days going, two sea days returning. I'll keep you posted.
Old August 9th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo1959
I'm going solo on the 8 night Miracle cruise in a few weeks. I'll let you know how it goes. Just one thing to point out is that you were looking for 2-3 sea days, the Miracle is 4 sea days. I prefer the sea days. Two sea days going, two sea days returning. I'll keep you posted.
Thanks, I'll be anxiously awaiting your review! I guess that isn't too bad, as there are 3 excursion days in between the sea days!
Old August 9th, 2007, 04:40 PM
Captain

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks, I'll be anxiously awaiting your review! I guess that isn't too bad, as there are 3 excursion days in between the sea days!
Ditto but i'm going on September 24th. I'll post a full review after
RCI Monarch of The Seas 1998
Ecstasy 2000
Carnival Miracle 9/24/07
Upcoming Fascination 11/5/09
Old August 9th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe323
Hi Joe,

Look for me I'll be getting off the ship as you are boarding. I'm 9/16-9/24
Old August 9th, 2007, 08:46 PM
First Mate

hi, look into the liberty's 8 day to the eastern carib. visiting some great islands. i'll be there also solo nov. 10
Old August 13th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Admiral

thanks everyone, looks like the LIberty is popular! I will consider that - though now I'm also looking at NCL and RCCL for my next cruise. I think I want to experience ALL the major cruiselines at least once.
Old August 13th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Captain

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe323
Hi Joe,

Look for me I'll be getting off the ship as you are boarding. I'm 9/16-9/24
Good you can Hand me your review so I know what to expect
RCI Monarch of The Seas 1998
Ecstasy 2000
Carnival Miracle 9/24/07
Upcoming Fascination 11/5/09
Old August 13th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster
We did the 8 day Liberty in April, and it was outstanding! Liberty is an absolutely beautiful ship, and does have the Movies Under the Stars as well. We're booked on the 8 day Miracle in October, and fully expect that it will be as good as, or better than Liberty. Miracle is my absolute favorite Carnival ship, as we prefer the Spirit class ship a bit better than the Conquest class. (just a bit smaller, fewer people, less crowds, and better service. IMO) Either of these will be a cruise to remember I have no doubt!Ken
Ken thanks, I'll definitely take this into consideration. I'd prefer smaller crowds so will look more closely at Miracle.
Old August 17th, 2007, 11:28 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to GGS22

We just got back from the Miracle this past Wednesday, I have not posted a review but would be happy to answer any questions as well. We had a great time!!!
Old August 18th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainEdwardJohnSmith

Quote:

Thank you!

Michelle,
Sandi149 is the member you need for info abou the Miracle. I think last week she did post some info and also a link to her review/pics of the Miracle. She is very knowledgeable about that ship.
See if you can do a search dfor Sandi149 and for her posts, I am sure you will find it.

Captain