Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 10th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Honeybear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilfergy11
Hi everybody. I'm Brittany. I'm 16 from Illinois. I've been on the boards for a while but I haven't had the guts to start posting very much. My family (me, my 23 year old brother, and my parents) is getting ready to book a cruise on the Carnival Valor for June 1st. We've been on both the Disney ships but that was a few years back. I don't really know what else to say. If you want to know more just ask I guess.
I didn't realize you were Brittany from Marion! Sorry, I think I've got it all together!
the SENSATION

"Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
Old August 10th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainEdwardJohnSmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo
Hey Cap. Where have you been ?

Good to see you posting!!!
Hi Luanne,
Good to see you too! I've know, I know, I haven't been much around on here lately
Old August 10th, 2007, 07:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

As long as your okay, then all else doesn't matter. We sure could use you knowledge, so post more often.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old August 10th, 2007, 07:47 PM
Admiral

Quote:
As long as your okay, then all else doesn't matter. We sure could use you knowledge, so post more often.
Next week I'll work on bringing some of my following from the OTHER CC place to see if they will join me here.........it's much, MUCH more civilized in here.
Old August 10th, 2007, 07:55 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainEdwardJohnSmith
Quote:
Next week I'll work on bringing some of my following from the OTHER CC place to see if they will join me here.........it's much, MUCH more civilized in here.
Captain, well, well, well look who it is.

Did you know that the behavior encouraged at that other CC board is not tolerated here? You will have to be on your best behavior.

I thought I left you behind. This is IBCruzin', formerly known as Cruzin' Suzin.

I like the tempo here. No fights, insults or the like. Just plain ole good advice and fun.

I hope you enjoy it here also. The water is calmer and there are no stingrays at all.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old August 10th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCRUZIN'
Quote:
Quote:

Did you know that the behavior encouraged at that other CC board is not tolerated here? You will have to be on your best behavior.

I thought I left you behind. This is IBCruzin', formerly known as Cruzin' Suzin.

I like the tempo here. No fights, insults or the like. Just plain ole good advice and fun.

I hope you enjoy it here also. The water is calmer and there are no stingrays at all.
Well Hello there Gorgeous! I remember you, although the last time we "talked" it was a bit different..........but that's all in the past now..............and you know the Captain...........he's always on his BEST behavior! Nice seeing ya again, Suzin.
Old August 10th, 2007, 08:05 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCRUZIN'
Quote:
Quote:

Well Hello there Gorgeous! I remember you, although the last time we "talked" it was a bit different..........but that's all in the past now..............and you know the Captain...........he's always on his BEST behavior! Nice seeing ya again, Suzin.
No we didn't "talk". However, here we all talk, and cyber laugh and just have a good time.

Anyway, for everyone else, I am from NYC, cruise solo most times, divorced empty nester and loving it. I am booked on a VTG Singles cruise for the first time this September and will see where that leads. Am not particularly interested in meeting a member of the opposite sex but more interested in just being around fun people.

Happy cruzin'

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old August 10th, 2007, 09:00 PM
First Mate

Hi everyone. I'm Dewyne, my DW is Priscilla. I work in a factory making new car headliners and Priscilla is a dental assistant at a pediatric dentist.
We have 3 kids and 4 grandkids. I'm in my early 50s and DW in her 40s. We're going on our very first cruise New Years Eve on the Holiday out of Mobile, Alabama. We live in western Kentucky, and can't wait till new years eve. Our 25th anniversary is Oct. 1st and that is why we chose to cruise, to celebrate a special anniversary doing something we've never done before. Glad to meet all the new people!

Free Cruise Clocks
Old August 10th, 2007, 09:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa2cool
Hi everyone. I'm Dewyne, my DW is Priscilla. I work in a factory making new car headliners and Priscilla is a dental assistant at a pediatric dentist.
We have 3 kids and 4 grandkids. I'm in my early 50s and DW in her 40s. We're going on our very first cruise New Years Eve on the Holiday out of Mobile, Alabama. We live in western Kentucky, and can't wait till new years eve. Our 25th anniversary is Oct. 1st and that is why we chose to cruise, to celebrate a special anniversary doing something we've never done before. Glad to meet all the new people!
Hi Dewyne and Pricilla! Welcome aboard! Happy 25th Anniversary in October. Where do you live in Western KY? I live in Metropolis!
the SENSATION

"Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
Old August 10th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Passenger

Hello everyone ! My name is Brenda, husband Milton. One grown daughter.

Chocolate lab, Sheltie and two spoiled rotten cats.

We live in East Texas on a beautiful lake and also overlook the golf course.

I have a medical transcription business with 50 employees and base my work from my home office. Husband works at that golf course across the lake.

On Sept 2, we are going on our first cruise with my sis, her DH and our brother to celebrate that "baby" brother is now also over 50. We sail on the Pride for 7 days.

We have all traveled a lot, but none of us has ever cruised. We are all so excited about the cruise, but even more than that, we are excited about 7 days together as we live in three totally separate areas of Texas.

My own selfish things I look forward to are 7 days that I won't be the one getting to make the coffee AND we get to go to three different places and I only have to unpack ONCE. Heaven !

We are all five quite addictive personalites so I feel sure that cruising is our future addiction. Right now it's Ebay to the point that I am thinking about starting an EHAB support group.

Old August 10th, 2007, 10:32 PM
Passenger

Default Hi Jonese...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster
Hello, I'm Ken, and the lovely Mrs. Jones is Vita. We have many, many, many cruises under our belts, and still can't wait until the next one. We live in Central Florida, and are both computer engineers. We have two daughters, two grandsons, two schnauzers, and an American Eskimo/Spitz pup. Life is GOOD.

Ken
I saw my first Schnoodle last week..have you seen them..they are now a recognized breed..look like lil polar bears....yep, i'm a cruzaholic also.I don't excur, just shop, dress up, dine, chat, nap, and whatever....lucky
Old August 10th, 2007, 10:46 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to carolincanada Send a message via MSN to carolincanada

Hi Everyone: My name is like the title says....Carol In Canada, to be more precise, Ontaro....I am going on my first cruise, westerm caribbean in Jan 08 on the Carnival Freedom with a friend, as hubby is not well enough for all the travel. My husbands name is Jim. We have been married 33 years and have a son Ron who has his own Landscaping/Excavating company. I am 59 and have a new puppy PEPPER. She is a SHIH TZU/BICHON cross and is as smart as a whip. I am a co-owner of a transport/taxi company and also have a customer service business, I teach CS and do workshops. I am really looking forward to my cruise. I found this site by accident and am sooo glad I did. I have been picking up a lot of tips and knowledge. Thanks to everyone for all your participation. Without you all, newbies like me would be lost...thanks again....Carol
Old August 10th, 2007, 11:11 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolincanada
Hi Everyone: My name is like the title says....Carol In Canada, to be more precise, Ontaro....I am going on my first cruise, westerm caribbean in Jan 08 on the Carnival Freedom with a friend, as hubby is not well enough for all the travel. My husbands name is Jim. We have been married 33 years and have a son Ron who has his own Landscaping/Excavating company. I am 59 and have a new puppy PEPPER. She is a SHIH TZU/BICHON cross and is as smart as a whip. I am a co-owner of a transport/taxi company and also have a customer service business, I teach CS and do workshops. I am really looking forward to my cruise. I found this site by accident and am sooo glad I did. I have been picking up a lot of tips and knowledge. Thanks to everyone for all your participation. Without you all, newbies like me would be lost...thanks again....Carol
Hello Carol from America's Hat
Old August 10th, 2007, 11:31 PM
Familiar Face

Hello to you tooCaptain Smith....Nice to get a response.... 8)
Old August 10th, 2007, 11:42 PM
Passenger

Hi my name is Chris and my husband is Joe. We live in IL. in a suburb of Chicago. We are in our mid 40's and have two grown children. We have never cruised before. We are going on the Valor in Oct. for our 25th anniversary. We can hardly wait. But I am a little nervose because not only have I never cruised before but I have also never been on a plane so I get to do both.
Old August 10th, 2007, 11:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Hi Everyone: My name is like the title says....Carol In Canada, to be more precise, Ontaro.... I found this site by accident and am sooo glad I did. I have been picking up a lot of tips and knowledge. Thanks to everyone for all your participation. Without you all, newbies like me would be lost...thanks again....Carol
Hi Carol in Canada! We are glad to have you. What you seem to forget is "we" were all newbies at one time and lost. Each of us still need lots of advice, some (me) more often than others. lol
Seriously, you ask away and someone will answer or at the very least, try to find an answer. They all have sure helped me a LOT and still do. Welcome aboard!
the SENSATION

Old August 10th, 2007, 11:47 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Hello to you tooCaptain Smith....Nice to get a response.... 8)
no problem Carol and you are certainly welcome
Old August 10th, 2007, 11:48 PM
Passenger

Default getting to know us

Hi, Sherri From Ohio..married to Tom have two daughters
Going on First Cruise in March '08 to celebrate 25 yrs. of marriage.
Old August 11th, 2007, 09:24 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybear
Quote:
Originally Posted by papa2cool
Hi Dewyne and Pricilla! Welcome aboard! Happy 25th Anniversary in October. Where do you live in Western KY? I live in Metropolis!
Hi Honeybear! We live in Madisonville. I've been wanting to visit Metropolis to go to the Superman museum and attend the celebration that is held there, but you know how it is to work things like that in with two work scheduals! Just counting down the days till the first cruise. I can't wait!

Free Cruise Clocks
Old August 11th, 2007, 10:56 AM
Admiral

I wanted to issue a very special welcome to all of you. Especially those who have been reading for awhile, but not yet posting.

So, if you have a question, please post it. If you are not sure about posting questions yet, send your questions to me, and I will post for you, until you see that NO ONE here will make you feel bad about your posts.

WELCOME TO CRUISEMATES
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old August 11th, 2007, 12:18 PM
Passenger

Default Who I am

My name is Robert(42)and wife is Maria(42), we both have 2 sons(michael-23)and (Andrew-21). We live in Houston, Texas and will be on our 1st cruise on 9/16/07 on the Conquest.
Old August 11th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Admiral

Welcome Robert and Maria.

Boy, Houston loves Cruisemates!!!
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old August 11th, 2007, 01:17 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to Jenelle

I am Jenelle From Brooklyn...New York

Married and have a wonderful 11Month old son

Leaving for our second cruise on sensation ..Aug 26th
Old August 11th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to lilfergy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybear
Hi! I know exactly where Marion is located. I used to work out of Marion! I've taken classes at John Logan and I've been to several meetings at the college. Sounds like we are neighbors, huh?

Have you been cruising long? This is going to be my 4th but DH's 1st. I hope he likes it as much as I do. I have been cruising with my DD and my Grandchildren in the past three years.

I'm glad you gave me a holler! When and where is your next cruise?
I'm taking some classes over a John A. Logan too. It's hard to being a high school student and all that, but it's a great school.

We went on our first cruise for New Years 2003 I think. We went again the next winter both on Disney. We just booked cruise number 3 this morning actually. Carnival Valor June 1st-8th going to the Eastern Carribean. We had this cruise booked for last December, but my dad had to have surgery so we had to cancel.

I'm so excited for this cruise. I'm sure it's different from Disney. I was 12 the last time we cruised. I'll be 17 on the next one so I'm ready to see what lies ahead.
Old August 11th, 2007, 04:13 PM
Beginner

Hi .....I am Carol from GVille, Fl.
I am 50 and my husband Bill is 48..... I am going on my first cruise as an adult in Dec. with my husband of 25 years.
My husband has already been on a cruise, he went on his first one with my Dad and our son because I refused to go. My sister has been employed with both Royal Carribean and now Carnival since she graduated college, and everyone in our family cruises all the time. My parents have been on at least 20 cruises ......and between my two sisters..... about 25 cruises.
I am finally brave enough to go on a short 3 day 3 night cruise to Nassau, (on the Sensation) to see how I handle it. I am claustrophobic, so we did book the Penthouse suite, and I Have to have a balcony in case I have to get air quickly. I don't suffer from motion sickness, so I don't think I will get seasick......( been on smaller motor boats all my life). I am really getting excited about our cruise and read these boards non stop.
Thanks for all the great advice and tips!!

Carol
Old August 11th, 2007, 05:31 PM
Passenger

Default welcome

Welcome all ! Jenelle.....glad someone from my old hometown can join us. I'm originally from Manhattan(lower east side) and now live in Houston.....BIG CHANGE ! I still love NYC !
Old August 11th, 2007, 05:57 PM
Beginner

Hi I am Barbara,57 my husband,Nicholas,58 from Southern Indiana. We have 3 grown children, 4 grandsons, 2 hyper pooches and one 13 pound cat. We live in the middle of 50 acres in a national forest. It is great to get out on the water and not see trees. We try to cruise 2 times a year. We got back in June from a cruise to Costa Rica and Panama with a 14 y.o. Grandson. Barbara is taking 2 daughters on the Pride in Oct.
Barbara is a Guardiam Ad Litem and Nicholas a Spvr. for a major utility company.
It is great to meet all of you.
Old August 11th, 2007, 07:14 PM
Beginner

We are Gary & Connie from Ohio. We are both in our mid 50's. We try to find homes for retired racing greyhounds. We currently have 4 greyhounds of our own.
We have sailed on Disney, RCCL, and Carnival. We sailed on the Conquest last December and had a ball. Our son works in the entertainment department on the Valor, so at the end of October and the beginning of November we are taking back to back cruises on his ship. He is thrilled because that means he will be taking his meals with us in the dining room. The staff and crew do not get the same food that is served in the dining rooms. Hope to meet some of you in the future.
Old August 11th, 2007, 08:06 PM
Familiar Face

Hello All: Thank you for making me feel welcome. I will try to keep up intelligently with all of you experienced cruisers. ha ha....I have read this site quite a bit and must say, what a wonderful site to find. Thank you all for your knowledge and experience. I look forward to continuing with the posts....have a great day all.....
Carol
Old August 11th, 2007, 08:50 PM
Passenger

Hi, my name is Mandy and I have been married for 11 years. We have a 13 yr. girl and 9 year old boy. We are taking our first cruise in Feb. 08 (28th) We live in South Louisiana, which by the way is hot as hell right now!!! Life change drastically when I had to help take care of and watch my father die after a 30 day battle with cancer. It tought me to enjoy every moment because life is short and the people in it are precious!!

Can't wait until the cruise!! A little nervous though.

Nice to meet yall!!!!!!!!!!