Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 9th, 2007, 10:53 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo
Default Tell Us Who You Are!!!!

I haven't started one of these in awhile, so let's see how many people we can get to post.

Tell us something about yourself. You can say as little or as much as you want.

I hope we can also get people who have been reading the posts, but feel uneasy asking questions.

I am Luanne, husband is Jim. We have two sons, and we live in Texas.

I am on a summer break from teaching.

What about you?
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Sponsored Links
Old August 9th, 2007, 11:14 PM
Passenger

My name is Paula. My husband's name is Scott and my son Tyler is fifteen years old. I live in Indiana and look forward to cruising as often as we can. We are going on the Imagination in March for spring break. I'm trying to get my sister and her husband to go with us. I just graduated from my teachers program in May. My dream cruise right now would be a European cruise. I have been wanting to go for so long. I have been looking at the board for quit a while but rarely ever post.

Fascination January, 2003
Sensation September, 2003
Fantasy January, 2004
Mariner of the Seas October, 2005
Valor July, 2006
Imagination March 29, 2008
Old August 9th, 2007, 11:20 PM
Admiral

Bob as it says below

Valor 2008
Triumph 2006
Fantasy 2004
Pride 2002
Imperial Maj 2001
Carnivalle 1994
Couple forgotten
Old August 9th, 2007, 11:21 PM
Passenger

My name is Tara, my husband's name is Aron and we are leaving on Sept. 2nd on the Conquest. We are taking our 5th cruise, and bringing along two other couples. This will be our first trip to Jamaica and Grand Cayman. Have booked a Stingray tour with Moby Dick Tours and are so excited about that. We are looking into a European cruise next year for our 10th anniversary!!
CARNIVAL ECSTASY AUG 2006
CARNIVAL CONQUEST SEPT 2007
Old August 9th, 2007, 11:38 PM
Captain

i'm denise i have cat name dafffy about five months we moved from
MN to IL
Old August 9th, 2007, 11:58 PM
First Mate

Hi everyone! My name is Cathy and my husband is Mike. We are from Texas and went on our first cruise in Dec. 2005. Fell in love with cruising. I spend at least an hour a day reading this board, but didn't really start posting until a few months ago. We have our second cruise booked for this Dec. on the Ecstasy, and taking a few other families with us! Can't wait!

Cathy

Free Cruise Clocks
Carnival Conquest - 12/4/2005
Old August 10th, 2007, 08:07 AM
Admiral

Hello, I'm Ken, and the lovely Mrs. Jones is Vita. We have many, many, many cruises under our belts, and still can't wait until the next one. We live in Central Florida, and are both computer engineers. We have two daughters, two grandsons, two schnauzers, and an American Eskimo/Spitz pup. Life is GOOD.

Ken
Old August 10th, 2007, 08:37 AM
Passenger

Hi! My name is Peggy and my husbands name is Lee. We have 2 daughters and 2 sons along with 4 grandkids. We live in Florida and have cruised 4 times and hope to go at spring break.
Old August 10th, 2007, 08:41 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Honeybear

Hi! I'm Deena my DH is Jim, we have two grown Children, three almost grown Grandchildren and two Yorkies. I stay at home on the computer and DH works at Honeywell International. We are cruising, my 4th cruise and DH's 1st, in two months. I love genealogy and DH loves fishing.
My cruises:
1st was as Grandma's first cruise; 2nd was with DD and two of our Grandchildren; 3rd was DD and I alone and 4th will be with DH.
And I guess last; we live in Metropolis, Home of Superman!
the SENSATION

"Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
Old August 10th, 2007, 08:51 AM
First Mate

I'm Dottie, married with two kiddos (Ds almost 9 yrs and Dd 5yrs). We live in OK.

School started yesterday for Dh and kids but I'm staying home this year to help my elderly mom with "things".

We LOVE cruising!!!!!

2005 Carnival Spirit to Alaska

2007 Carnival Conquest to Western Caribbean

2008 Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas to New England/Canada

2010 Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas to Southern Caribbean
Old August 10th, 2007, 09:29 AM
Captain

Hello to all , and to our friend Luanne. My name is Gary, my DW is Roxie. We are in our late 50's, and I plan on retiring in 5 yrs.( can't wait). I am a Facilities Manager ( maint. guy). My wife is retired from the State of Kansas SRS. We have a daughetr 37 who lives with her husband in Austin TX. We have two Bichons who we rescued, and are getting on in their senior years. We have been on 2 cruises, have one scheduled for Jan. Hope to do at least one a year before I retire. May not be able to afford to cruis after retirement. I enjoy reading and posting on this board. I have gotten a lot of good advice from my friends here. Thanks, and nice to meet you.
Gary
Glory Western 2-07
Ecstasy 01-08
Ecstasy Feb. 1st. & Feb. 6th. 2010 B to B
Freedom 12-12-10
Freedom 09-24-11
Triumph 09-10-12
Triumph 09-15-12
Triumph 09-23-13
Triumph 09-28-13

Old August 10th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hi GaryI and Roxie! DH and I are both in our late 50' als0. He's retiring Jan 30, 2009.
Hello Dottiel, I know, with Mom, DH and two children you must be a busy Mom! I use to wonder how I'd have time to work even if I could find the time to put in a resume and was hired!
Hello Peggy and Lee. I'm so envious of you, living in FL! I'd LOVE to live there . I'd be on a cruise ship every month!
Hi Ken, and the lovely Mrs. Jones is Vita, I know you live in FL also. I sure wish we did! I'm very repressed that you call her "the lovely Mrs. Jones is Vita"! Vita, I know that must make you feel so special, as I'm sure you are!
Hi Cathy and Mike! I'm happy to meet you. I went to Texas once, it was a fast weekend trip, but wow it sure is HOT in Texas. I'm obsessed with this board! I love it.
Hi Denise and you too Daffy! How did you come up with a name "daffy" for a cat? lol. We don't have any cats but we do have two spoiled rotten dogs. It's good meeting you.
Hi Tara and Aron. Wow, a European cruise especially in the fall is wonderful. DH and I will be celebrating our 45th Anniversary in Nov '08. We have booked a aft wraparound cabin on the Carnival Freedom. I don't even know where it goes but it's the right ship, the right date and the right room, we're going somewhere! lol Happy 10th next year.
Hi BoB "as it says below"!
Hello Paula, DH - Scott and DS - Tyler! Congats on the teaching degree! If you are going to teach, you deserve a cruise at least once a year! Maybe you can do as Tara and Aron are doing and plan that European cruise around a special anniversary.
And Luanne and Jim, Hi! Everyone's been wondering where you were? You are missed when you aren't around. I did not know you were a teacher, though. I think teaching is a really hard job. Teachers are very special people, they'd have to be to put up with some of those kids! .
the SENSATION

"Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
Old August 10th, 2007, 11:20 AM
Admiral

I was in Germany for several weeks. You can read more about it on the Chit Chat board which can be found by going to the top of the screen, and going to people. You will see chit chat. Click on Germany Travelogue.

I am not only a teacher, but a substitute teacher, which means I have up to 100 kids a week. I have learned interesting ways of making them think I remember their names.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old August 10th, 2007, 11:37 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo
I was in Germany for several weeks. You can read more about it on the Chit Chat board which can be found by going to the top of the screen, and going to people. You will see chit chat. Click on Germany Travelogue.

I am not only a teacher, but a substitute teacher, which means I have up to 100 kids a week. I have learned interesting ways of making them think I remember their names.
Germany? That is great! I've always wanted to go to Germany. We are of the German desent.
Okay, How can I learn to remember my name? . Just a few minutes ago I was on the phone and had to think about what month it was! I do know the days of the week though. O
the SENSATION

Old August 10th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Admiral

Hi everyone....I'm Rose and live in central Florida 15 minutes from Disney World and an easy drive to all cruise ports (lucky me!!). I have one daughter who is a Travel Agent and one grandchild (16 yrs. old) who live in south Florida. We LOVE to travel, especially cruise vacations, but just returned from a trip to Vermont which we really enjoyed. I moved to Florida from Connecticut in 1976 and love the lifestyle, warm weather (yes, you get used to it), and living in a State that is filled with new adventures, there is always something to do in Florida year round.

I would hope that people are not afraid to post questions on these Boards, everyone is very friendly and always try to answer questions truthfully, respectfully, and with as much constructive information their cruise experiences allow.

I am booked on Carnival Freedom's Thanksgiving Cruise this year and recently booked a cruise with my grandson on the Carnival Liberty for next June.
Old August 10th, 2007, 12:07 PM
Familiar Face

Hi Everyone!
I'm Shari, 28 yrs old, from NJ. I'm addicted to cruising and love this board! Getting very excited for my Dec. Cruise on the Triumph with my sister (her first cruise & I know she will be addicted instantly!).
Old August 10th, 2007, 12:15 PM
First Mate

Hi Everyone!
Glad to see you are back Luanne. I missed your posts. I am Kathy and my husband is Je. We have twin daughters, age 16. Their aim for next summer is the new Splendor cruise going to Russia. The need to stop spending so much money if that is going to happen. I am a programmer/analyst for a school district and my husband is a real estate broker. We live in Texas.

Glad to meet everyone
Old August 10th, 2007, 12:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hello and welcome Sheri from NJ! I'm sure if you can get your sister on just one cruise she'll be addicted too! . This is what I'm hoping for with my DH!

Hi Rose, YOU I'm very jealous of! I'd love to live in FL. But you have a Daughter travel agent, besides? OMG!!! That's awesome. AND you have a teenage Grandson that's willing to be seen with his Grandmother! Girlfriend, you've got it all! . Of course you do know I'm just kidding?
the SENSATION

Old August 10th, 2007, 01:42 PM
First Mate

Hi I am Gail and my husband is Rick, I am a in home childcare provider,
We are going on our first back to back cruise in February on the Valor,
My daughter is going to be a senior in college, and my 18 year old is going to be in his first year, so what a way to start our empty nesting.
Destiny
Norwegian Majesty
Legend
Legend
Valor
Valor again Yahoo!
Old August 10th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Passenger

Hi. My name is Amy, husband Bubba, and son Tres. I love to cruise. That is all we do for vacations anymore. My husband and I have been on five cruises. Tres has been on two with us. I just booked my first all girl cruise on the Fantasy, October 11. It will be me, my mom, my aunt, her two daughters, and one granddaughter. We are calling this our "Amy Doesn't have Cancer Cruise!!!" I was diagnosed with cancer in May, and then soon found out it was something else and not cancer. It actually was a very wonderful life changing experience. So this cruise will be all about having a good time!!! Can't wait!!!
Old August 10th, 2007, 02:44 PM
Admiral

my name is Earl and I am from montreal quebec. divorce and love to cruise. ilike to check all the cruise sites every day. I would cruise more often if the solo rates were not so high.
Old August 10th, 2007, 02:49 PM
Admiral

Honeybear....yes, my grandson is 16 and still travels alone with his Grandma. I've been traveling alone with him since he was an infant because I had so much vacation time and my daughter very little so she allowed her son to travel, whenever possible, with his grandmother...I'm cherishing each moment we share because it will not last much longer. Therefore, he is totally comfortable with being seen with his grandmother and doesn't give it a second thought (he thinks I'm pretty cool)...his friends are all jealous of him because he has seen and experienced some wondrous things. I am very active and we have shared fabulous life experiences together and enjoy swimming, snorkeling, hiking, boating, etc. When I am gone, I know he will have great memories of our special times together.

Amy, I can't think of a better reason to cruise and celebrate your good news. Have a wonderful time!!!
Old August 10th, 2007, 03:58 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to lilfergy11

Hi everybody. I'm Brittany. I'm 16 from Illinois. I've been on the boards for a while but I haven't had the guts to start posting very much. My family (me, my 23 year old brother, and my parents) is getting ready to book a cruise on the Carnival Valor for June 1st. We've been on both the Disney ships but that was a few years back. I don't really know what else to say. If you want to know more just ask I guess.
Old August 10th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Passenger

Hi everybody, my name is Dana and Bill is my fiancee. We live in Redlands, CA. I grew up watching the Love Boat but never thought that I'd be able to cruise. One day I saw a clip of the inauguration of RCI Majesty of the Seas and the next thing I knew I was going on a cruise on RCI Sovereign of the Seas. I met Bill in Spring '04 and introduced him to this wonderful world of cruising in Fall '05. Today, a vacation is not a vacation unless we're on a cruise ship sipping our foo foo drinks.
Old August 10th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Captain

Hi,
I'm Susan. The most important things in my life are: My Saviour, my husband, my children (8, my grandchildren (15), my family, my friends, my dancing, my cruising.
My joy is finding God's purpose in blessing me with all the above and how I can bring glory to Him as I enjoy it.
ROMANS 8:28

VIKING SERENADE 1993
HOLIDAY 1995
HOLIDAY 1997
HOLIDAY 1998
ECTASY 1999
ELATION 2000
STAR PRINCESS 2002
SPIRIT 2003
NCL STAR 2004
PRIDE 2005
PRIDE 2006
PARADISE 2007
MS OOSTERDAM 2008
SPLENDOR 5/2010

Carnival Splendor
Old August 10th, 2007, 04:56 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to hats1305

Hi everyone i'm haley (14) i have a littel sister (13) and my mom is (32). We are going on our first cruise on september 3 on the carnival fantasy. we are really nervous and excited!!! i can't wait i'm hoping its going to be a good experience for us it'll be our first vacation in 4 years so we really need it lol.......

Haley

P.S. nice to meet everyone
Old August 10th, 2007, 05:27 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to lilfergy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybear
Hey there Deena! I know exactly where Metropolis is. I'm about 50 miles from there up in Marion. It's great to meet a fellow cruiser from Southern Illinois!
Old August 10th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainEdwardJohnSmith
Default Re: Tell Us Who You Are!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo
I haven't started one of these in awhile, so let's see how many people we can get to post.

Tell us something about yourself. You can say as little or as much as you want.

I hope we can also get people who have been reading the posts, but feel uneasy asking questions.

I am Luanne, husband is Jim. We have two sons, and we live in Texas.

I am on a summer break from teaching.

What about you?
Captain Edward John Smith, reporting for duty, Ma'am!
Old August 10th, 2007, 06:34 PM
Admiral

Hey Cap. Where have you been ?

Good to see you posting!!!
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old August 10th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilfergy11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybear
Hey there Deena! I know exactly where Metropolis is. I'm about 50 miles from there up in Marion. It's great to meet a fellow cruiser from Southern Illinois!
Hi! I know exactly where Marion is located. I used to work out of Marion! I've taken classes at John Logan and I've been to several meetings at the college. Sounds like we are neighbors, huh?

Have you been cruising long? This is going to be my 4th but DH's 1st. I hope he likes it as much as I do. I have been cruising with my DD and my Grandchildren in the past three years.

I'm glad you gave me a holler! When and where is your next cruise?
the SENSATION