CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Nachi Cocom Beach in Cozumel (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/337726-nachi-cocom-beach-cozumel.html)

tarawood August 9th, 2007 11:13 PM

Nachi Cocom Beach in Cozumel

We visited here on our first cruise several years ago. Hard to find new reviews on it now. Heard it was closed after Wilma, but I don't know if it's reopened. If anyone has been recently, please tell me if it's open and if there is an entrance fee. I can't remember.

Or if anyone knows of another beautiful beach, preferably a smaller one, let me know. We're not really interested in watersports, but just want to relax at the beach without 300 other people.

Thanks!!

firsttimer41 August 9th, 2007 11:19 PM

I'm not sure about the beach you posted about, but I have exactly 6 days before I go to Paradiste Beach in Cozumel....We will be taking our first cruise on the 13th and Cozumel is one of our stops.....It looks nice on the web site.

Luanne Russo August 10th, 2007 06:18 PM

You can't do much better than Paradise beach. It is great for laying around, and the food is wonderful.

I have only been cruising for two years, but I have never heard of the beach you mentioned. It must be closed. You know Coz was hit hard with all the storms. The beaches had to be rebuilt, because if the damage.

Check out Paradise Beach

ready2gonow August 10th, 2007 07:07 PM

The other beach to check out is Mr. Sancho's. There is not a charge, unless you want to use the water stuff (trampoline, mountain, etc). All they ask is that you order a couple of drinks. The food and service is great!

bguppies August 11th, 2007 05:15 PM

Seen nothing but great reviews of Nachi Cocum for the last few months.

We have it booked for our Glory cruise in 28 days.

My Wife and I were just looking at pictures of it I printed off and can't wait to be laying beachside there a month from Monday!!!!!!!

AI for $49 per person, with a limit of a 100 people per day, is exactly what we are looking for. (and the exact opposite of reviews we have seen of Paradise Beach)

If you will be in Cozumel after mid-September, I will be happy to return and review the current state of NC for you.

Bill

tarawood August 12th, 2007 09:18 AM

Bill,

Where did you get all of your info??? We went in 2004 and it was free public beach ......I guess things have changed?? Anyway, it was a beautiful beach with great facilities, and we've decided we'd like to go back.

Please let me know where you found such great info....need to show DH.

Thanks,
Tara

SACRUISER August 12th, 2007 11:05 AM

You might try the Isla Pasion Beach VIP adventure. It's a small private island with a beautiful beach. It's where they film all those Corona beer commercials. I went back for a second time this past June. There were probably only 50 people there. The excursion includes a grilled Mexican buffet and an open bar. It's very tranquil. No water sports at this beach.

territrob August 13th, 2007 11:32 AM

http://www.cozumelnachicocom.net/

This is their website. It is one of the beach clubs I was considering for our cruise next month.

bguppies August 13th, 2007 04:44 PM

Here is a review I found on another Cozumel board, from August 10.
(and there is at least 1-3 per week, all this summer, of people returning from Nachi Cocum)
Quote:

We visited Nachi Cocum last week and had the time of our lives. What a gorgeous, relaxing day. We were the first to arrive at about 10:30. Had 2 Palapas for the 8 of us (our four kids didn't need a chair). Drank, ate and just relaxed. Pool is clean and refreshing...perfect day. We will be back in March and July next year. We had previously been to Passion Island, Chankanaab, Mr Sanchos, Paradise Beach. This is by far the best choice for us. While we were there we did see several of the athletes from the ice show. The agent who rebooked us mentioned that quite a few of the staff go there each trip.
Bill

bguppies August 13th, 2007 04:50 PM

Here is the link we used to make our reservations through Island Marketing.

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/

From what I have gleaned in researching our upcoming trip, they limit the number of reservations they make per day too 100 or less. (most reports, seem to be more like 20-30 people tops, except during spring break.)
The only other people who are allowed into Nachi Cocum, other than the Island Marketing reservations, is a few people from a nearby hotel, who get shuttled over from time to time.

Some of the other beaches, (I think it was Playa Uvas) allow some of the party boat excursions to stop in, during the cruise, which leads to a huge influx of drunks interupting your day.
Paradise Beach seems to be a nice, family alternative, with inflatable icebergs, etc... for the kiddies. (plus only a $9 fee to use their toys)

But we are looking for as kiddie free day as possible, just to RELAX by the pool (which Paradise Beach, doesn't have)or the ocean and chill out.
The $49 AI fee seems to deter many families from bookng Nachi Cocum, whihc is fine by us.

Bill