Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 10th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Jean Chigas
Default Excursions Jamaica/Grand Cayman

We have booked the 7 Mile beach at Grand Cayman and the Bamboo beach club at Jamaica thru Carnival. I know it's pricey but I don't want to worry about transportation or being late back to the ship. Has anyone been to either of these? Any information is appreciated.
Thanks 8)
Sponsored Links
Old August 10th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Hi Jean,

I just checked out your selections, and they look good. For the Bamboo thing, are you doing the one, where you climb the falls as well?

For Grand Cayman, Are you sure you don't want to swim with the sting rays? Everyone should do it at least once.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old August 11th, 2007, 12:30 AM
First Mate

Luanne,
About swimming with the stingrays. I REALLY want to do this, but am having hip problems. How easy is it to get in and out of the boat? Also, can you take a waterproof camera to take pictures?

Rhapsody of the Seas - long ago, in a galaxy far away!
Ecstasy - Jan. 2007
Conquest - Sept. 2007 cruisemates 4Bs
Ecstasy - Jan. 2008
Old August 11th, 2007, 09:28 AM
Captain

We have booked the 7 Mile beach at Grand Cayman

Is it necessary to book an excursion for 7mile beach? You can see it from where the ship drops anchor (gorgeous BTW). If it includes activities you're looking for OK, but I think you could do this on your own and save the fare.
Glory (eastern) 12/2006
Destiny 01/2009
Old August 14th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Passenger

Jamica- Dunns Falls is a must do at least once. There is a little hideawya bar on the right when you get of the ship that has the best reggae band, much better than the tourist traps a little further down.

Grand Cayman- 7 mile beach is the beach immediatly to the left when you leave the ship. The public access area is fairly far down, about 2 to 3 miles. There is public access next to the second cemetary about 1 mile down and the Ritz Carlton had a wonderful beach if you can handle the walk.

Our favorite car rental spot on Grand Cayman is on the left when you exit the port about a 1/2 mile. Big blue building, honest friendly native Cayman citizens. We like to drive to Rum Point, which is near stigray city and hang out on the beach there away from the tourist areas.

Have Fun!!!
Old August 14th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Passenger

Hi, we have been to both. The bamboo beach club in ocho rios is great. Just a short walk from the pier and you are there. Get there early so you can grab a beach bed. And watch out for the drinks! They are strong, but they have non alcoholic drinks also. They will wait on you all day hand and foot. As for the 7 mile beach break, the beach is great, but watch out where you sit, if you happen up on beach chairs with an umbrella, some guy will come out of no where and say $5.00 please. You will get a wrist band , which will give you one free drink and thats about it. I agree if you can take the sting ray city tour you must, you will never forget it, i promise! Most of all have fun on your cruise and think of all us cruise addicts left here on land.
Old August 15th, 2007, 04:53 PM
Passenger

We were at 7 mile this past Jan. It's a 10 minute buss ride $4 /pp each way.
Get there early. Be aware there is no shade except for one tree.
There is a bar at the entrance area.

Good Sailing
Old August 15th, 2007, 07:48 PM
Passenger

my guess is that you are going to The Beach Club on 7 Mile Beach. If not, then disregard. They squish you in like sardines, you have to wear a flourescent bracelet and you get one drink. My family usually vacations for 2 weeks a year in Grand Cayman at the resort right next to it (the brown one) and we watch cruise boat people (RC and Carnival I know both use it for sure) fight for chairs and space so get there early is right!

Here are some pics I took while we were staying next door last year:

These were in the late afternoon when most cruisers had to be back on the ship.

To be honest, I'd still rather be there than pretty much anywhere else right now! Have a great time!!!!!