CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   HELLO CRUISEMATES MEMBERS. HELLO CRUISEMATES MEMBERS. (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/337765-hello-cruisemates-members-hello-cruisemates-members.html)

CaptainEdwardJohnSmith August 10th, 2007 09:51 PM

HELLO CRUISEMATES MEMBERS. HELLO CRUISEMATES MEMBERS.

I am Captain Edward John Smith, aka the Captain. I have been a member for a while but have not posted much. I come from the cc cruise forums and will attempt to bring over some friends from that site to join in here.
Without bragging, my strong points are mostly matters related to booking last-minute cruises at cheap prices, I am also good at things related to the Mexican Riviera. If I can help on these topics/subjects, please by all means ask and I will answer when I know the answer. Controversial subjects such as jeans in the dining room, smuggling booze etc....those
I usually shy away from. From time to time I try to inject some humor in my threads/posts so if I do "hijack" or throw a thread off-topic, I apologize for that in advance, it's all done in good fun!
Happy cruising everyone :D [/b]

dina August 10th, 2007 10:08 PM

Welcome to cruisemates. :D

CaptainEdwardJohnSmith August 10th, 2007 10:12 PM

thank you Dina

Happy cruising to you, dear :D

IBCRUZIN' August 10th, 2007 10:33 PM

Welcome aboard.

CaptainEdwardJohnSmith August 10th, 2007 10:40 PM

thank you to you 2 IB

Happy cruising :D

Fern August 10th, 2007 10:41 PM

Hi CEJS,

I've seen many of your posts "over there". I think you'll be a great asset here and will enjoy the friendly atmosphere. Most people here enjoy helping cruiser's, not putting them down for "silly" questions :D .

Welcome!

CaptainEdwardJohnSmith August 10th, 2007 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fern
Hi CEJS,

I've seen many of your posts "over there". I think you'll be a great asset here and will enjoy the friendly atmosphere. Most people here enjoy helping cruiser's, not putting them down for "silly" questions :D .

Welcome!

thank you for the welcome Fern

luckycruzer August 10th, 2007 10:52 PM

:D goodevenig evry one..and THE Captain

dina August 10th, 2007 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luckycruzer

And a very good evening and welcome to you luckycruzer. :D

luckycruzer August 10th, 2007 10:55 PM

I cruz often..12 booked right now, one in 2wks...21 so far...old timer here.. LOL ..I also travel Europe too..20 trips and one in April..mostly independent..just keep a bag packed

CaptainEdwardJohnSmith August 10th, 2007 10:57 PM

Quote:

Alright, GORGEOUS! YA GOT MY EMAIL
she's here...........go tell your buddies to come on over!
thanks for joining cruisemates, sweetheart :D

dina August 10th, 2007 10:57 PM

HAHA Fantastic.. If I didn't have something booked, I'd have cruise envy.. :D

CaptainEdwardJohnSmith August 10th, 2007 11:05 PM

Dina, Luckycruzer is a dish she ain't NO oldtimer, I am the old one LOL LOL LOL , as are you, honey!!!!!!!! OOOPS, A DISH I MEAN LOL LOL LOL
Listen, anyone tell you that you look like Chelsea Clinton in that avatar pic?

dina August 10th, 2007 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainEdwardJohnSmith
Dina, Luckycruzer is a dish she ain't NO oldtimer, I am the old one LOL LOL LOL , as are you, honey!!!!!!!! OOOPS, A DISH I MEAN LOL LOL LOL
Listen, anyone tell you that you look like Chelsea Clinton in that avatar pic?

If Chelsea was a latina then I would agree. HAHAHAHA and thank you for the lovely compliment. :wink:

CaptainEdwardJohnSmith August 10th, 2007 11:15 PM

you are welcome Sunshine

so lucky, ya ready for your next cruise? hubby still in Alaska?

luckycruzer August 10th, 2007 11:22 PM

I'm bk..hd a LD call from AK....So..How's everyone this eve?..I will also ck roll call for Holiday..I'm a Carnival Brat.and guess a Holiday "HO"

dina August 10th, 2007 11:23 PM

If you mean me.. then yes I'm ready for my next cruise.. Not in Alaska but will stay in Michigan while I off on the next cruise. :D

CaptainEdwardJohnSmith August 10th, 2007 11:31 PM

Lucky, let's help these guys build their numbers up............Spread out the word Gorgeous

You too Sandi, sweetie

Carolin, I apologize if I confused you with my previous post, Sunshine.
So you are indeed ready for your next cruise eh? We don't have anything planned, we usually just book and go, mostly within a matter of days.....

Ya around Bruisn Suzin? Cuz ya ned to go there too and get some guys/gals over here.

I'm doing my part next week, so, Sandi, make sure youare around

LOL LOL LOL

msblackjack August 10th, 2007 11:46 PM

welcome Captain and I gotta tell ya, I love your signature line... (especially since I have a minor fear of flying and a MAJOR love of cruising) LOL

luckycruzer August 10th, 2007 11:46 PM

yep..just made the 9pm call

Quote:

you are welcome Sunshine

so lucky, ya ready for your next cruise? hubby still in Alaska?

he's up for new dir of the school..or FAA want him too..big$$$$..so it will be interesting...he dosent like cruising...I told him your tag line..about ships/planes.....he spent 20 in Uncle Sams sailing club, and in Jan on the BOS he didnt think there'd be SSSOOOO much water...DUHHH :roll:

IBCRUZIN' August 10th, 2007 11:48 PM

Quote:

Ya around Bruisn Suzin? Cuz ya ned to go there too and get some guys/gals over here.

I'm doing my part next week, so, Sandi, make sure youare around

LOL LOL LOL

Do you mean me? If so, I no longer participate in CC. I had the moderators remove all of my personal info back last time you and I went round the mulberry bush. It is like Baghdad over there. The people over there started to scare me. WWF of forum boards is how someone referred to it. When I pulled out, I certainly did not intend to bring any of that mentality over here with me so I changed my handle and have been loving Cruisemates ever since. Never went back -- not even for a glance. This is a smaller board and therefore, it is easier to keep track of the threads that are of interest. Plus newbies are embraced here and welcomed. No question is too repetitive or "dumb" to be answered respectfully and cheerfully. Never a word of ridicule. Never any flaming. Just nice and mellow.

Therefore, Cruzin' Suzin' has no existence on this board. IBCruzin' is in the house now. Ever hear the phrase "let the dead bury the dead"?

Happy cruzin'

CaptainEdwardJohnSmith August 10th, 2007 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msblackjack
welcome Captain and I gotta tell ya, I love your signature line... (especially since I have a minor fear of flying and a MAJOR love of cruising) LOL

thanks for the welcome MsBlackJack...............oh my tag line............lol
I always use that line with people who are afraid of ships.......usually works and sets their mind at ease............cannot argue with gravity, eh? can ya?

Happy cruising Ms :)

luckycruzer August 10th, 2007 11:52 PM

Captain my Captain..

thank you for the Dish" comment..don't thnk I've ever been called that :wink: b4..kinda nice for an older girl.....Got a lovely verrrrrry purple outfit today..can honorably wear the amythists now...goes great wid da hair colour..doncha think?

Trip August 10th, 2007 11:59 PM

Welcome Captain and all your mates too! If you feel like chatting in real time, please join us weeknights 9-10 est, in chat. We would love to meet you all, and I, too, welcome you to the friendliest cruise site around!

CaptainEdwardJohnSmith August 11th, 2007 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip
Welcome Captain and all your mates too! If you feel like chatting in real time, please join us weeknights 9-10 est, in chat. We would love to meet you all, and I, too, welcome you to the friendliest cruise site around!

thank you trip for the warm welcome and for the invite too.......yeah, I noticed that live chat option...........I actually downloaded JAVA 6. something but I think it must have been past 10 EST because no one was there.........don't worry, I'll make it there.
happy cruising :)

CaptainEdwardJohnSmith August 11th, 2007 12:09 AM

Re: Captain my Captain..

Quote:

thank you for the Dish" comment..don't thnk I've ever been called that :wink: b4..kinda nice for an older girl.....Got a lovely verrrrrry purple outfit today..can honorably wear the amythists now...goes great wid da hair colour..doncha think?

Nice color dress, Gorgeous :)
Nice birthstones too :wink:
I know they go together just fine with that fabulous hairdo of yours. :D

rosetattoo August 11th, 2007 11:22 AM

FYI, Captain...well, well, getting cozy very quickly with complete strangers using terms of endearment makes me a little uncomfortable..my name is Rose.

Elaine515 August 11th, 2007 11:26 AM

WELCOME CAPTAIN

As you noted in another post on this site, Yes, I am the Elaine from the other site BUT....you will find Cruisemates to be soooooooo much friendlier. While I drop in there from time to time, I like it here better...

The locals don't yell at you OR put you down OR tell you you're a thief OR make you feel stupid OR turn your thread totally around OR....oh, you get the picture...

You remind me lots of Kuki.... I'll pay whatever it costs to cruise with the two of you on the same ship!!! Cruisemates, can you imagine

CAPTAIN & KUKI :)

together on the same ship.... What a blast that would be!!!

Here, they pretty much let you say what you want, help you with things, explain things nicely etc. There are no "leaders" who think they know all the answers......Noone is the chief....and they usually don't "pull" your thread because it doesn't belong here or they don't like it...

SOOOOOOOOOOO, with all that said....WELCOME ABOARD TO CRUISEMATES CAPTAIN....

Elaine :)

flowers August 11th, 2007 11:33 AM

Hi ya Captain. Ahoy there matey. :-P

CaptainEdwardJohnSmith August 11th, 2007 11:34 AM

thank you Elaine,
we need to helpo these guys build their numbers up

Get the word out, I am doing my part

thanks again for the welcome

Happy cruising :)