Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 12th, 2007, 09:07 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Documents question...please help

Our next crusie is in December. We paid in full a couple of days ago, (yipeeee) I filled out and printed our fun pass and I found I could download our cruise docs online as well. I was excited so I did just that. I am wondering if I could still receive them in the mail. The mailed ones just look more offical than the ones I printed out this time. Call me picky if you must but I loved the little luggage tags shaped like a ship that they sent in the mail from my last cruise. Also the little document booklet was more compact and neat. I am just wondering if I can have both.
Sponsored Links
Old August 12th, 2007, 09:27 AM
Admiral

That's a very good question, and one that I've personally never seen come up before! I'd suggest that you call either your travel agent, or Carnival, and ask them. I kind of doubt if they'll duplicate the documents, but perhaps they'll send you the luggage tags. Be sure to post the answer when you get it, so that if it comes up again, we'll know.

Have a great time aboard "Glory". She's a great ship.

Ken
Old August 12th, 2007, 09:33 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainEdwardJohnSmith
Default Re: Documents question...please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxibluz
Our next crusie is in December. We paid in full a couple of days ago, (yipeeee) I filled out and printed our fun pass and I found I could download our cruise docs online as well. I was excited so I did just that. I am wondering if I could still receive them in the mail. The mailed ones just look more offical than the ones I printed out this time. Call me picky if you must but I loved the little luggage tags shaped like a ship that they sent in the mail from my last cruise. Also the little document booklet was more compact and neat. I am just wondering if I can have both.
Howdy Maxibluz ,
The way I understand it, if you choose to download the documents electronically, the default option on Carnival's website is that you will NOT be able to get the documents via snail mail.
I would not even worry about it though cuz technically and PRACTICALLY
you really need no "documents" to board the ship apart from your official picture ID and the FUNPASS, although we have boarded numerous times and they just look at the funpass at checkin and give it back to us. I guess
the trend is to migrate to as much of a paperless system as possible, which is just fin ein this day and age. Once you have filled your FUNPASS, you have actually filled out the required IMMIGRATION formalities, FUNPASS is just Carnival's fancy name for the document. And once you do it electronically, that's it, there's really no more to it, you are in their system, ready to board when the day comes!
The only 3 things we carry with us at check-in are:

Our official picture ID
Our FunPass
A copy of the receipt, just in case.

If you do not have luggage tags, not to worry, there will be plenty available at checkin, usually they have someone at a podium who has a passenger manifest, that person can tell you your cabin # (if you are travelling Guaranteed with no cabin assigned) and same person would also be give you your lugagge tags, as many as you need.
Happy cruising

Captain

Edit: Oh, by the way, Carnival will provide you with credit card authorization forms to sign at the time of check-in too! That one they make easy on you, , they will take your money in any shape or form!
Old August 12th, 2007, 09:43 AM
First Mate

I completely understand what you are saying Maxibluz. We have also paid our December cruise in full and downloaded the e-docs electronically. I printed the luggage tags on card stock, so they should be sturdy enough, but since this is our first cruise I would still like the "official" luggage tags and the booklet is awfully hard for me to read online.

Dewayne & Priscilla

Free Cruise Clocks
Old August 12th, 2007, 11:54 AM
Beginner

Default Mailed docs

You can get both as long as you check "mail docs" on the e-docs page. I think you have to selected that before you print your e-docs. On my recent Celebraton cruise I was able to do both, but I think once you print the e-docs you can't go back and ask for them to be mailed.

P.S. Just crossed over from the CC side!
Old August 12th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Mailed docs

Quote:
Originally Posted by marym933
You can get both as long as you check "mail docs" on the e-docs page. I think you have to selected that before you print your e-docs. On my recent Celebraton cruise I was able to do both, but I think once you print the e-docs you can't go back and ask for them to be mailed.

P.S. Just crossed over from the CC side!
Hi Mary,
the Captain here, thanks for coming over too!
Get the word out, let's help these guys build their membership

Once again, thanks

Captain
Old August 12th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Passenger

Default Permission to board Capt??

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainEdwardJohnSmith
Quote:
Howdy Maxibluz ,
The way I understand it, if you choose to download the documents electronically, the default option on Carnival's website is that you will NOT be able to get the documents via snail mail.
you really need no "documents" to board the ship apart from your official picture ID and the FUNPASS, although we have boarded numerous times and they just look at the funpass at checkin and give it back to us. I guess
the trend is to migrate to as much of a paperless system as possible, which is just fin ein this day and age. Once you have filled your FUNPASS, you have actually filled out the required IMMIGRATION formalities, FUNPASS is just Carnival's fancy name for the document. And once you do it electronically, that's it, there's really no more to it, you are in their system, ready to board when the day comes!

Our official picture ID
Our FunPass

If you do not have luggage tags, not to worry, there will be plenty available at checkin, usually they have someone at a podium who has a passenger manifest, that person can tell you your cabin # (if you are travelling Guaranteed with no cabin assigned) and same person would also be give you your lugagge tags, as many as you need.
Happy cruising

Captain

Edit: Oh, by the way, Carnival will provide you with credit card authorization forms to sign at the time of check-in too! That one they make easy on you, , they will take your money in any shape or form!
Far be it for me to correct the captain "The only 3 things we carry with us at check-in are:

Our official picture ID
Our FunPass
A copy of the receipt, just in case"

but shouldn't you also have your passport or certified birth certificate at check in??
I know the Captain wouldn't want to mislead anybody.

To the OP: I received docs in mail for our upcoming cruise and then went on and printed extra luggage tags from e-docs. Not sure if you can do the reverse. Check with TA or Carnival.
Old August 12th, 2007, 12:51 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Permission to board Capt??

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbd627
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainEdwardJohnSmith
Quote:
Howdy Maxibluz ,

Our official picture ID
Our FunPass

Happy cruising

Captain

Far be it for me to correct the captain "The only 3 things we carry with us at check-in are:

Our official picture ID
Our FunPass
A copy of the receipt, just in case"

but shouldn't you also have your passport or certified birth certificate at check in??
I know the Captain wouldn't want to mislead anybody.

To the OP: I received docs in mail for our upcoming cruise and then went on and printed extra luggage tags from e-docs. Not sure if you can do the reverse. Check with TA or Carnival.
Permission granted K and thanks from THE Captain for pitching in!
I mentioned official ID on purpose K, you know how it goes, at least back there, mention passport and you're told Drivers License, mention Drivers license and you're told Passport!

Thanks for psoting again and come on in more often

Captain