Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 13th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel
Default In defence of the Victory

I must totally disagree. I was on the Victory in January it was nothing shy of perfect. The food, the public rooms, the cabin, the decor, you name it, everything was wonderful. I found NO disorganization at all. I found the cruise director to be a riot, and his staff (Dale, TJ, Ian, and Josh) were all totally approachable, open, and friendly. The only time there mayt have been some disorganization was when the wrong location was listed in the Capers for an activity, which was caught and annouced over the loud speakers to let everyone know an error was made. Ian was my fave because he was Canadian AND he had a career choice that made his a perfect listener--a funderal director. I don't know if Ian is still on the ship, but he was the highlight of the whole trip--that and he is damn good looking!

I must also say that there were many, many disabled passenegers on the sailing I was on and the only problem we ever saw was getting on and off the tenders in Grand Cayman, it was a little slow, but not a major delay.

I am sorry you didn't have a good experience, but you obviously didn't sail on the same ship I sailed on in January because everything was wonderful.

DO NOT cancel a cruise because of one persons opinion, they may have had a preconcieved idea of what to expect and let it ruin the holiday for them. The way I see it, the ship doesn't make a great holiday, it helps, but WHAT you do, and HOW you spend your time makes a great vacation.

The way I see it, I am not at home, I am going to make my time on the ship/shore the best I can. If I am not up to par because something I ate (I have to be careful with some foods/spices I eat) didn't agree with me, I can still have fun...

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....
Old August 13th, 2007, 09:00 PM
First Mate

I guess I'm just glad my 4 trips on the Victory were awesome - as were the other 15 with Carnival. The food, service and entertainment are generally fantastic, and in my opinion, far better than that on RCCL.
Old August 13th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

It just goes to show that one review should not be all you read. That is why Cruisemates has so many. You also shouldn't read the bad or the good, and then go on the ship looking for that experience. Make your own!!

Cruising is what you make of it. Learn to laugh at the bad, and find the good.

We also had one of those rooms that made a lot of noise. This was on the Elation. The bed actually vibrated most of the cruise. It was like putting quarters in the vibrating bed machine. We were not happy, but we laughed about it. Nothing, I mean nothing, was going to spoil our cruise.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old August 13th, 2007, 09:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

Absolutely!.. Alot can change from January to July.. and i am sure this is not indicative of how things usually are..
Celebrity Zenith 2002
Carnival Victory 2007
NCL Dawn 2007
Carnival Miracle 2008
NCL Spirit 2008
Carnival Miracle 2008
Old August 13th, 2007, 11:34 PM
Admiral

IB Cruizin'
I agree with you!
Everyone has different experiences, and everyone reacts differently to those experiences.
I always try to find the positive in each situation, but there are times I make official complaints regarding service.

On the other hand, I will also go out of my way, to ask for a manager, simply because the service was exceptional or my experience was a good one.

As much as I love everyone on this board, it would take more than one or two to talk me out of a scheduled cruise, simply because they had a bad experience. I would like to find out for myself and make my own opinion.
8)
That's why I love this board, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
PS: Rosemarywh, I'm very sorry you had a bad experience, I hope that your experiences in the future, will be the best ever....
Carnival-Splendor Sept 6, 2009

Old August 14th, 2007, 12:21 AM
Captain

I sailed on the Victory in April of this year and had a great time. BUT, that doesn't mean every sailing is created equally. I was disappointed in the Elation out of Galveston, while others loved it. I send a letter to Carnival praising the good things about that cruise...an upgrade to a cat 12 suite for 1 and then mentioned the things that in my opinion up to Carnival's standards. I got a letter back with a 25% discount on my next cruise.

I had read some poor reviews on the victory before we sailed her and was concerned about our cruise, but it turned out just fine. I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed and hope that Carnival responds to your situation.

AKcruiser
Old August 14th, 2007, 01:56 AM
Admiral

Sorry about the bad experiences. Hopefully the next cruise will be great enough to make up for the last one.
I never really gave it much thought, but are 2 Carnival ships that different? I always assumed that Carnival's strong point was the consistency of the product, ship to ship. One should be able to book a vacation knowing what to expect. This year I was on the Valor and God willing, I'll be on the Destiny next year. My thinking is that the Conquest and Destiny classes are so similar to the point of the things I enjoyed about the Valor will also be true for the Destiny.

Read and post cruise reviews

Read and post cruise reviews
/ticker.png">
Old August 14th, 2007, 04:19 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I think one can tell when a real person who knows what they are talking about has a legitimate complaint, and you sound like you know.

It is too bad to hear tha Victory has a staff attitude issue, but these things do happen sometimes, and it is hard to say why.

While an inexperienced observer might not notice a lot of the things you are mentioning, an experienced cruising understands how service is supposed to be, and it will affect the cruise. Thanks for posting!
Old August 14th, 2007, 10:15 AM
Passenger

In April of this yr my family (wife and 2 daughters) went on this ship. This was my wife and mine second cruise and my kids first and we had a wonderful time. We never experienced any of the things you posted. Not sure what had happened to the crews morale but at least for our cruise they were great. I personally would not hesitate to go on this ship again. Sorry you had such a bad time with it, maybe next one will be better.
Old August 14th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Passenger

Default what a wonderful forum ...

i'd love to respond personally to all of you, whether you think i'm bogus, bonkers, brilliant or anywhere in between. it's a terrific experience to read everyone's reactions. i've learned, in a very quick time from each and all of you, that it's like the six blind men and the elephant ... we all experience the entity differently depending on where we've stood. so, thanks, all. smooth sailing, and many blessings. rosemary
Old August 14th, 2007, 07:59 PM
Admiral

I have been on the same Carnival ship 3 different times, and I can see how a cruise from one to the next can be very different.

Wouldn't it be grand to know ahead of time, at what point the crew was with their schedule - so as not to be on the end of their rotation as service -- i.e.
on one cruise, I was on the last cruise of many of the bar/service staff's rotation; they were soo delighted to be going home for awhile that their happiness was contagious. another time, I was on the Imagination, when the service staff had another 2 cruises to go, they were not as pleasant - service was slacking....

to the original OP - sorry your experience was sooo bad - I hope you haven't totally given up cruising - FYI. My very first cruise was very similar to yours - that cruise was on the Big Red Boat, which I dubbed the Big Red Joke before the end of the 2nd day; and in fact, decided I was never going to cruise again.... well, I have been on several more after that took me nearly 5 years to get ready to try again, just never on that particular ship.
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old August 14th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by msblackjack
I have been on the same Carnival ship 3 different times, and I can see how a cruise from one to the next can be very different.

Wouldn't it be grand to know ahead of time, at what point the crew was with their schedule - so as not to be on the end of their rotation as service -- i.e.
on one cruise, I was on the last cruise of many of the bar/service staff's rotation; they were soo delighted to be going home for awhile that their happiness was contagious. another time, I was on the Imagination, when the service staff had another 2 cruises to go, they were not as pleasant - service was slacking....

to the original OP - sorry your experience was sooo bad - I hope you haven't totally given up cruising - FYI. My very first cruise was very similar to yours - that cruise was on the Big Red Boat, which I dubbed the Big Red Joke before the end of the 2nd day; and in fact, decided I was never going to cruise again.... well, I have been on several more after that took me nearly 5 years to get ready to try again, just never on that particular ship.

OMG the Big Red Boat.. what happened with that?? I remember there was some controversy in the news many years ago
Celebrity Zenith 2002
Carnival Victory 2007
NCL Dawn 2007
Carnival Miracle 2008
NCL Spirit 2008
Carnival Miracle 2008
Old August 14th, 2007, 08:04 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni1313
Quote:
Originally Posted by msblackjack

OMG the Big Red Boat.. what happened with that?? I remember there was some controversy in the news many years ago
not sure, I was not yet a cruise maniac YET! I think it was bought out - very cheaply - by Disney? - the boat has since been scrapped, I believe. Also, it may have been Premier that operated the line.
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old August 14th, 2007, 08:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

I remember something vaguely about it abandoning passengers or something.. gonna have to start a thread and see who remembers
Celebrity Zenith 2002
Carnival Victory 2007
NCL Dawn 2007
Carnival Miracle 2008
NCL Spirit 2008
Carnival Miracle 2008
Old August 14th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni1313
I remember something vaguely about it abandoning passengers or something.. gonna have to start a thread and see who remembers
just google it; however, there were three boats named the Big Red Boat, not sure which one I was one, but it was old, dirty, small and the staff was "under staffed".
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old August 14th, 2007, 08:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

i did.. i could not find anything
Celebrity Zenith 2002
Carnival Victory 2007
NCL Dawn 2007
Carnival Miracle 2008
NCL Spirit 2008
Carnival Miracle 2008
Old August 14th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Admiral

Default The Big Red Boat(s) - Sad Ending

I did a little research and this is what I have been able to find out.

The Big Red Boats were not new when they hit the scene. They were originally designed to be two-class vessels so the layout on these ships were a bit odd. Near the end, because of financial problems, these ships had fallen into disrepair and were severely understaff.

The Big Red Boats were at one time in partnership with Disney. The BRB provided the cruise portion of the Land & Sea vacations that Disney pushed aggressively in the late 80's and 90's. In 1996 Disney severed their relationship with the BRBs because Disney felt it was more economical to build their own ship. After the lost of their main sponsor the BRB's (Premier Cruiseline) never recovered.

In September 2000, they ceased operations without any warning. They put everyone (crew and passengers) off of the ships at whatever port they were closest to. Most of the passengers were debarked in Nassau and were flown back to their point of embarkation. However, Premier Cruiselines left the crew were to fend for themselves without money (they didn't get paid), documentations, provisions or any assistance from Premier. Word has it that most of the crew were stuck living at the port in Nassau for over three days while the Bahamian government tried to make sense of this disaster. The crew were provided with blankets, cots, food, water, etc. but were not allowed to leave the port area. Eventually, the crew were flown to various points on the globe. Those that were flown to a U.S. port were treated to a free ticket home and a food voucher courtesy of the United States government. Those that were flown to ports other than the U.S. did not make out as well. What happened to them, I have not found out yet.

Basically, once Disney abandoned their partnership, this cruiseline was not prepared to operate as a solo entity. This was right about the time that Carnival, RCCL and Disney were grabbing all of the attention with their big, shiny, new ships. The Big Red Boats could not compete with these larger companies because BRB simply did not have the ability to match the amenities offered by the larger companies.

It is sad actually because, while I have never cruised on them, the Big Red Boats were the start of affordable cruising for the Middle Class.

Will do more research later.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old August 14th, 2007, 10:57 PM
First Mate

Default How Did We Get on the Big Red Boat Subject???

Too funny, there is another Big Red Boat String, how did we get on this subject here.
Old August 15th, 2007, 08:49 AM
Cruise Maniac

I have been on the Victory twice, the first time was great. The second time, awful. The power went out in port several times, on one night we couldn't even have dinner..they made cold sandwiches. We had to walk up nine flights of stairs to get to our cabin...which was unfortunately an inside cabin so we had to take showers in the dark after coming back from the beach. The only thing we got from the cruiseline for our inconvience was bottled water. That being said, I still love Carnival. I have had a few bad experiences in my times with them but enough great ones to keep me coming back.
Sensation '99, '04, '08
Triumph '99 & '03
Victory '00 & '02
Imagination '01
Fascination '05
Navigator Sept '05, Jan '09, Mar 10
Valor Aug 6, 2006, Sept 2010
Adventure 10/06
Elation Nov. 30 2006
Majesty OS June 8 2007
Glory Dec 07
Destiny 8/09, 10/11
Oasis Dec. 2009
Allure Dec 2010
Carnival Dream 3/11
Monarch OS 8/11
Freedom OS 12/4/11

Old August 15th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: The Big Red Boat(s) - Sad Ending

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCRUZIN'
I did a little research and this is what I have been able to find out.

The Big Red Boats were not new when they hit the scene. They were originally designed to be two-class vessels so the layout on these ships were a bit odd. Near the end, because of financial problems, these ships had fallen into disrepair and were severely understaff.

The Big Red Boats were at one time in partnership with Disney. The BRB provided the cruise portion of the Land & Sea vacations that Disney pushed aggressively in the late 80's and 90's. In 1996 Disney severed their relationship with the BRBs because Disney felt it was more economical to build their own ship. After the lost of their main sponsor the BRB's (Premier Cruiseline) never recovered.

In September 2000, they ceased operations without any warning. They put everyone (crew and passengers) off of the ships at whatever port they were closest to. Most of the passengers were debarked in Nassau and were flown back to their point of embarkation. However, Premier Cruiselines left the crew were to fend for themselves without money (they didn't get paid), documentations, provisions or any assistance from Premier. Word has it that most of the crew were stuck living at the port in Nassau for over three days while the Bahamian government tried to make sense of this disaster. The crew were provided with blankets, cots, food, water, etc. but were not allowed to leave the port area. Eventually, the crew were flown to various points on the globe. Those that were flown to a U.S. port were treated to a free ticket home and a food voucher courtesy of the United States government. Those that were flown to ports other than the U.S. did not make out as well. What happened to them, I have not found out yet.

Basically, once Disney abandoned their partnership, this cruiseline was not prepared to operate as a solo entity. This was right about the time that Carnival, RCCL and Disney were grabbing all of the attention with their big, shiny, new ships. The Big Red Boats could not compete with these larger companies because BRB simply did not have the ability to match the amenities offered by the larger companies.

It is sad actually because, while I have never cruised on them, the Big Red Boats were the start of affordable cruising for the Middle Class.

Will do more research later.

YES THATS IT
I recall they abandoned everyone in a port!!
Thanks for the history lesson... I started a big red boat inquiry on All things cruising!
Celebrity Zenith 2002
Carnival Victory 2007
NCL Dawn 2007
Carnival Miracle 2008
NCL Spirit 2008
Carnival Miracle 2008
Old August 16th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to wakedreams

I have repeated cruises on the Victory....
Odd though...I've never had the staff on any ship talk to me about their contract.

hope your next Carnival Cruise is better.
Carnival Triumph 11/2008
Carnival Celebration 10/2007
Carnival Victory 11/2006
Disney Wonder 1/2006
Carnival Legend 10/2005
Carnival Victory 3/2005
Carnival Triumph 8/2004
Carnival Sensation 6/2002
Old August 16th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to saleaaway

Sorry you had a bad cruise. we are going in Feb on the victory and I guess at this point I'm not about to change my plans based on this post. I've always said a cruise is what you make of it. I've read great reviews on this ship and a few bad reviews. I've been on the worst ships and had the best time. I've been on great ships and had a great time.

I know you were trying to be helpful but it puts some people off to hear what you wrote. This is the kind of post that immediately can put some readers in the wrong frame of mind. What you went through up north might be an entirely different scenrio next year, but now you might have some people wondering if they made a mistake.

I've wrote before about a Carnival cruise I took over spring break with Boston College on board. Add to that St Pats day. It was a nightmare. But again I gave Carnival another try and had a great time.

Again sorry you had an issue but of all the thousands of people that sail on this ship week in and week out, if it was truly that bad wouldn't we hear it every single day, and yes I do read other sites besides Cruisemates. I hope that Carnival comes through for you.

Luanne have you sailed on this ship yet?
Old August 16th, 2007, 10:52 PM
Admiral

I feel for you Rosemary. I think that fact that Carnival changed your cabin and the cabin they put you in did not serve your purpose probably tainted your prospective on everything else that was not up to par.

I think I can understand that. If I booked one of the Cat 1A with the picture windows and they in turn gave me a regular inside cabin, it would color and taint my experience on the ship.

I was on the Victory in 07/04 and it was one of my favorite cruises. However, everything worked out perfectly.

Because I had read so many negative things about the Destiny prior to my cruise, I was already negative shaded to notice things that probably would go by unnoticed. For that reason, I no longer read threads or reviews once I have booked on a specific ship.

It really doesn't matter how many people are happy. An unhappy cruiser is an unhappy cruiser.

I hope you give Carnival another chance and next time emphasize that your cabin CANNOT BE CHANGED for any reason. That may help.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old August 17th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Admiral

I am about as die hard a Carnival fan as you will find, but when something is wrong....it should be FIXED not FLAMED.

Sadly, the Victory gets the poorest reviews in general when it sails from New York. It is true that staff and crew try to avoid it like the plague WHEN IT SAILS FROM NEW YORK.

However, this is not the case when it sails from its Southern ports.

I know that is as odd as it gets, but that's just the reality from what has been reported.

Now of course, not everyone has issues. Lots of people have a great time. But of all the complaints Carnival gets, the Victory-NY probably draws the largest number. Again, that is not the case when it sails from the Southern ports.

All of that being said, we are headed out on the Victory in 43 days for a 7 day to Boston, Portland, Saint John, Halifix. I booked this cruise KNOWING the problems...so I am prepared.

Fortunately, a lot of the complaints don't apply to me. The main complaint is the very poor design of the Lido deck. It causes confusion and long lines. I don't do buffets....so that won't affect me.

I think knowing what to expect helps A LOT. That is why thorough honest reviews are so important. I can tell you that the Sirloin Steak is going to be tough and dry. I have had it on 17 cruises on 14 different ships and that is going to be the case. But all I eat is beef...so I live with it.

I always ask that folks don't generalize or exaggerate. Just tell it like it is in great detail and then people can decide if that portion of the cruise applies to them. If it does apply to them, they can decide if the price is still worth it!!

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old August 17th, 2007, 06:02 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to MrPete

We were disappointed with this ship as well. The service and food are not on par with the normal Carnival product.

Woo Woo should goo goo.
Past Cruises: Explorer of the Seas 2008 Explorer of the Seas 2007 Carnival Victory 2007 Explorer of the Seas 2006 Legend 2005 Miracle 2004 Disney Wonder 2004; Pride 2003 Legend 2002 Disney Wonder 2002 Destiny 2001 Victory 2000 Triumph 1999 Jubilee 1998 Imagination 1997 Imagination 1996 Fascination 1995 Ecstasy 1993 Fantasy 1990 Jubilee 1990 NCL Seaward 1989 Jubilee 1988
Old August 30th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Passenger

I might have missed this part, but did you all book a handicapped accessible room in advance? You said you did your homework, and I do not doubt it. But, there are fewer of those cabins,and they are wider in some parts, etc., to accomodate wheelchairs. Your experience sounds terrible, but three people in a cabin with a wheelchair is a little crowded. I am sorry about your negative experiences.
Old August 30th, 2007, 03:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhp
I am about as die hard a Carnival fan as you will find, but when something is wrong....it should be FIXED not FLAMED.

Sadly, the Victory gets the poorest reviews in general when it sails from New York. It is true that staff and crew try to avoid it like the plague WHEN IT SAILS FROM NEW YORK.

However, this is not the case when it sails from its Southern ports.

I know that is as odd as it gets, but that's just the reality from what has been reported.

Now of course, not everyone has issues. Lots of people have a great time. But of all the complaints Carnival gets, the Victory-NY probably draws the largest number. Again, that is not the case when it sails from the Southern ports.

All of that being said, we are headed out on the Victory in 43 days for a 7 day to Boston, Portland, Saint John, Halifix. I booked this cruise KNOWING the problems...so I am prepared.

Fortunately, a lot of the complaints don't apply to me. The main complaint is the very poor design of the Lido deck. It causes confusion and long lines. I don't do buffets....so that won't affect me.

I think knowing what to expect helps A LOT. That is why thorough honest reviews are so important. I can tell you that the Sirloin Steak is going to be tough and dry. I have had it on 17 cruises on 14 different ships and that is going to be the case. But all I eat is beef...so I live with it.

I always ask that folks don't generalize or exaggerate. Just tell it like it is in great detail and then people can decide if that portion of the cruise applies to them. If it does apply to them, they can decide if the price is still worth it!!
Hi
I spoke to several crew members on the Victory in July. I also share the opinions of the OP

I spoke to the director of guest relations too-
Its not the port of departure, they feel its the itinarary that plays a huge part .. The crew has a low morale - they blame management
Dont know what the reasons are, but i find it hard to believe that its because it was sailing out of NYC.. I only sail out of nyc (dont fly) and never experienced what i did on the Victory
Celebrity Zenith 2002
Carnival Victory 2007
NCL Dawn 2007
Carnival Miracle 2008
NCL Spirit 2008
Carnival Miracle 2008
Old August 30th, 2007, 05:55 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to jdfireman Send a message via Yahoo to jdfireman
Default WOW

I have been on a lot of cruises and like me we all have had a bad trip it does happen people .. Remember Cruise staff are people also. You do not know how long they have been in there contrace if they had a love affair go bad on the boat or what is going on in there personal lifes. Cut them a BREAK they do there best trust me I have seen it all.

If you had a bad time get over it and remember if it was so bad you could have gotten a refund for the rest of your trip and flown home from your first port ..

Just smile relax and have fun its vacation ...

9/11/01 Never Forget
11/04/2006 Fantasy
8/06/2006 Sensation Again
6/16/2006 Carnival Valor
12/15/2005 Inspration
5/29/2005 Carnival victory
4/24/2005 Carnival Pride
12/2004 Imagination
6/2004 Carnival Miracle
11/2003 Sensation
6/2003 Dawn
5/2003 Carnival Legend
6/2002 Sensation
7/2001 Sensation
5/2001 Carnival Destiny
72000 Sensation
4/2000 Carnival Triumph
5/1999 Carnival Destiny
5/1998 Imagination
5/1997 Sensation
Old August 30th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: WOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdfireman
I have been on a lot of cruises and like me we all have had a bad trip it does happen people .. Remember Cruise staff are people also. You do not know how long they have been in there contrace if they had a love affair go bad on the boat or what is going on in there personal lifes. Cut them a BREAK they do there best trust me I have seen it all.

If you had a bad time get over it and remember if it was so bad you could have gotten a refund for the rest of your trip and flown home from your first port ..

Just smile relax and have fun its vacation ...

9/11/01 Never Forget
Hi
You know what.. normally i would agree with everything you wrote.. except it was just one of those cases, where you had to be there to understand... Anything that could go wrong went wrong..

I understand that these people work hard, 24/7 and they have to have that smile on their face the entire time and make each weeks guest feel like they are doing it for the first time. Its tough no doubt.

But on the other side of the coin, from my perspective, i work hard.. long days..I had not been on a vacation for 5yrs. Due to a tragic event in my family(9-11 related ) and just the circumstances of life.. it was not possible.

I was very much looking forward to my cruise in years.. It was a major disappointment..

Thanks for sharing
toni
Celebrity Zenith 2002
Carnival Victory 2007
NCL Dawn 2007
Carnival Miracle 2008
NCL Spirit 2008
Carnival Miracle 2008