Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 13th, 2007, 02:48 PM
Passenger

Default Sunset resort day pass ?

My wife and I are going to be on the Conquest on 9/16 and wanted to know how do we purchase a day pass to Sunset Resort ? Which taxi do we take ? Who do we get pass from ? How do we get back to ship ? Is it safe ?
Old August 13th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Rob,

Go here and check it out.

http://www.sunsetbeachresort.com/

You can get a Taxi just outside the terminal, and yes going and coming, is safe.

Let us know if you have other questions.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old August 13th, 2007, 08:35 PM
Cruise Maniac

Rob - we sailed on the Conquest in February and went to Sunset. We caught a cab at the terminal and they took us to the gates.We asked our taxi driver to return at a set time . The security there let us in and directed us to the lobby area were we purchased our day passes. They told us where everything was and told us to enjoy our day - which we did !! The facilities were very good. Food and drinks were great !! The resort was very secure - we felt very safe.
We were back at the front gate at our predetermined time to meet our taxi driver. He was there as were several other taxis ( with the red license plates)Enjoy your day there. It is very safe. There are no vendors on the beach there because it is private property. So no hassles.
Old August 13th, 2007, 10:28 PM
Admiral

I'm sailing on the Conquest on 9/9 and we also have plans to go to Sunset Beach Resort. I have heard great things about it. During September Sunset Beach Resort will be renovating their rooms, and as of last week, they were not sure whether or not they would be excepting cruise passengers for the day. They requested that I contact them again next week and they would be able to tell me, at that time.

When I find out, I'll be glad to find this post and let you know.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old February 20th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Passenger

Default Cost for cab from boat to Sunset Beach Resort in Montego Bay

I know the resort is quite close to the pier but too far to walk (with small kids). Does anyone know how much a cab costs from the pier to Sunset Beach Resort? There are 6 of us going (I dont know if they charge per person or per cab).

Thanks in advance.
Old February 20th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman
Default Re: Cost for cab from boat to Sunset Beach Resort in Montego

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogators
I know the resort is quite close to the pier but too far to walk (with small kids). Does anyone know how much a cab costs from the pier to Sunset Beach Resort? There are 6 of us going (I dont know if they charge per person or per cab).

Thanks in advance.
Seems I remember it being $3 pp.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old February 20th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Shirley Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoozeman
Quote:

Thanks in advance.
Seems I remember it being $3 pp.
Snoozeman just checked with sunset beach resort and day passes are now 40 US for adults and 20. us for kids
Conquest 3/10
Ecstasy 6/11
Magic 11/11
Old February 20th, 2008, 09:39 PM
Passenger

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
Be sure to confirm the rate with one of the ladies holding a clip board. I asked and was told $3. per person - was directed to a van and asked the driver - she said $4 per person - I told her that I was just told $3. She ignored me so I told everyone to get out - there was 6 of us. She immediately told us $3 was fine. I orginally planned to tip the driver and she would have probably gotten more then the $4 per person but it ticked me off that she was trying to pull one over on us - so I gave her exactly $18.00.

Fantasy, Inspiration (2), Conquest (2), Rhapsody, Spirit

Coming up! Ecstasy April 19, 2008 & Sept. 1, 2008
Old February 21st, 2008, 06:06 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by seauonboard
Quote:

Thanks in advance.
Be sure to confirm the rate with one of the ladies holding a clip board. I asked and was told $3. per person - was directed to a van and asked the driver - she said $4 per person - I told her that I was just told $3. She ignored me so I told everyone to get out - there was 6 of us. She immediately told us $3 was fine. I orginally planned to tip the driver and she would have probably gotten more then the $4 per person but it ticked me off that she was trying to pull one over on us - so I gave her exactly $18.00.
My quote was from sunset beach resort itself so I wonder what is going on ?They said to use the facilities for the day would be that price, since I am planning to go there do I take a red plate cab?
Conquest 3/10
Ecstasy 6/11
Magic 11/11
Old February 21st, 2008, 09:27 AM
Passenger

Several folks have confirmed the CAB rate of $3 per person each way - I appreciate the responses.

Shirley,
Please note we are just talking about the CAB transportation. Sunset Beach does charge $40 for adults and $20 for kids for a day pass. To be thorough, you could say transportation is $3 per person each way plus a $1 tip per person each way (feel free to tip more or less), so with transportation and the day pass together, its $48 for adults and $28 for kids.

This is a great value in my opinion since it includes food and drinks, access to the resort and use of all non-motorized watercraft. If you book something like this through the cruiseline you will pay $89 or more and you will be hearded around like cattle on the big buses where you sit and wait, sit and wait.
Old February 22nd, 2008, 12:34 AM
Passenger

The cab fare is $3 per person - has been for a LONG time. This particular driver was trying to make some extra money. I had read on some message boards that people were getting charged up to $4 per person so that is why I asked. She didn't want us getting out of the van and returning to get another one as I suspect she would have been in BIG trouble for trying to over charge us. Dumb tourist - what do we know. If she just would have quoted the correct price I was going to give her $25 - more then she would have made at $4 a piece (6 of us). But all she got was the $18. She asked us to call her when we were ready to return but we just took a van that was waiting for the next available fare and gee he said $3 each so he did get $25.

Fantasy, Inspiration (2), Conquest (2), Rhapsody, Spirit

Coming up! Ecstasy April 19, 2008 & Sept. 1, 2008
Old February 22nd, 2008, 05:42 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Several folks have confirmed the CAB rate of $3 per person each way - I appreciate the responses.

Shirley,
Please note we are just talking about the CAB transportation. Sunset Beach does charge $40 for adults and $20 for kids for a day pass. To be thorough, you could say transportation is $3 per person each way plus a $1 tip per person each way (feel free to tip more or less), so with transportation and the day pass together, its $48 for adults and $28 for kids.

This is a great value in my opinion since it includes food and drinks, access to the resort and use of all non-motorized watercraft. If you book something like this through the cruiseline you will pay $89 or more and you will be hearded around like cattle on the big buses where you sit and wait, sit and wait.
Thanks for that info as I to want to do this since carnival cancelled my bamboo beach and dunn rivers excursion it so disappointed the 8 of us about that but oh well we will make the best of it.again thanks
Conquest 3/10
Ecstasy 6/11
Magic 11/11