Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 13th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Victory Miracle... differences?

SOOO Hello all
After spending some time at that other board and getting verbally beaten for my very low opinion of the Victory.. i came over here today and was pleasantly surprised..
As explained on another thread, i am giving CCL another try next year on the Miracle.. Anyone have anything they would like to share about the Miracle?

Celebrity Zenith 2002
Carnival Victory 2007
NCL Dawn 2007
Carnival Miracle 2008
NCL Spirit 2008
Carnival Miracle 2008
Sponsored Links
Old August 13th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Captain

Anyone have anything they would like to share about the Miracle?

Yah know, Miracle is one of the ships I'd like to try since it sails outta Tampa (which I like) and I've never been on a ship of that class. But, IMO, you can't get a deal on Miracle. Every price I've seen advertised was through the roof and I'm a certified, card-carryin CHEAPSKATE. OTOH, the prices on Victory are the lowest of all. Hmmmm, maybe there's a method to their madness. Hope you enjoy Miracle, everything I've heard has been good. We love Carnival, glad ytou're giving it another chance!
Glory (eastern) 12/2006
Destiny 01/2009
Old August 13th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

I haven't sailed the Miracle, but she is a Spirit Class ship, and they are my favorite class in the Carnival fleet. Small enough , yet large enough.

And the Miracle does garner mostly very positive reviews, so..... go and enjoy!
Old August 13th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks! I got a very good deal for the Miracle
I also think I overpaid for the Victory for a four day cruise

So go figure!

My past experience has been on Celebrity only but there is not much of a selection out of the NY/NJ area (i do not fly)

We are taking a one night cruise to nowhere on the NCL Dawn.. looking forward to that too!
Celebrity Zenith 2002
Carnival Victory 2007
NCL Dawn 2007
Carnival Miracle 2008
NCL Spirit 2008
Carnival Miracle 2008
Old August 13th, 2007, 09:14 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni1313

So go figure!

My past experience has been on Celebrity only but there is not much of a selection out of the NY/NJ area (i do not fly)

We are taking a one night cruise to nowhere on the NCL Dawn.. looking forward to that too!
Hey Toni, is that you?

As I said before, you will love the Miracle. Like Kuki said, she is a Spirit class ship and is small enough, yet large enough. Traffic flow is very good. No dead ends. All decks go straight through from the front to the back.
Old August 13th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

[quote="sandi149"]
Quote:

So go figure!

Hey Toni, is that you?

As I said before, you will love the Miracle. Like Kuki said, she is a Spirit class ship and is small enough, yet large enough. Traffic flow is very good. No dead ends. All decks go straight through from the front to the back.[/quote

Hi Sandi!
I mosey'd on over here.. too much drama over at cc!
Celebrity Zenith 2002
Carnival Victory 2007
NCL Dawn 2007
Carnival Miracle 2008
NCL Spirit 2008
Carnival Miracle 2008
Old August 13th, 2007, 09:31 PM
Passenger

[quote="Toni1313"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandi149
Quote:

So go figure!

Hey Toni, is that you?

As I said before, you will love the Miracle. Like Kuki said, she is a Spirit class ship and is small enough, yet large enough. Traffic flow is very good. No dead ends. All decks go straight through from the front to the back.[/quote

Hi Sandi!
Yeah I saw what went on over there before. Quite a showdown.
Old August 13th, 2007, 09:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

[quote="Toni1313"]
Quote:
Quote:

So go figure!

Hey Toni, is that you?

Hi Sandi!

Too crazy
i just want to have talking about cruising

Sandi can you recommend an agent? My sister is trying to book the Miracle with us but is on a very tight budget... any suggestions?
Celebrity Zenith 2002
Carnival Victory 2007
NCL Dawn 2007
Carnival Miracle 2008
NCL Spirit 2008
Carnival Miracle 2008
Old August 13th, 2007, 09:39 PM
Passenger

[quote="Toni1313"]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So go figure!

Hey Toni, is that you?

Hi Sandi!

Too crazy
i just want to have talking about cruising

Sandi can you recommend an agent? My sister is trying to book the Miracle with us but is on a very tight budget... any suggestions?
The agent I used is right by where I live. Where does your sister live? I also didn't save any money using him. The price was the same as if I would have gone straight with a Carnival PVP. The only reason I like using an agent is because I like face to face contact when I ask my questions. If she is on a very tight budget she could always do an inside guarantee. That is the cheapest, I believe.
Old August 13th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Here on the island

THanks! i will make that suggestion
Celebrity Zenith 2002
Carnival Victory 2007
NCL Dawn 2007
Carnival Miracle 2008
NCL Spirit 2008
Carnival Miracle 2008
Old August 13th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Here on the island

THanks! i will make that suggestion
Also, have her check the Carnival site every day or every other day because the price did go down for us by $200 and we got an upgrade.
Old August 14th, 2007, 09:09 AM
Admiral

Hello Toni:
Welcome aboard! Having sailed "Miracle" recently, I can tell you without hesitation that you'll love this ship. She's one of my absolute favorites in the entire Carnival fleet. Big enough to have everything you could ask for, but not so big that she's got a ton of people, all trying to go the same place at the same time. Also, as someone else stated, she doesn't have the "traffic flow" problem that the Conquest class ships have, where you can't get there from here, on this deck. I wouldn't hesitate booking her again, and as a matter of fact, I did book her again, as we're sailing "Miracle" out of Ft. Lauderdale for an 8 day in October. Maybe we'll see you aboard!

Ken
Old August 14th, 2007, 09:25 AM
Cruise Maniac

Very cool! I can not wait
Celebrity Zenith 2002
Carnival Victory 2007
NCL Dawn 2007
Carnival Miracle 2008
NCL Spirit 2008
Carnival Miracle 2008
Old August 14th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Captain

Hey Toni;

I am sailing thr Miracle on Sept 24th and will post a complete review when I return.
RCI Monarch of The Seas 1998
Ecstasy 2000
Carnival Miracle 9/24/07
Upcoming Fascination 11/5/09
Old August 15th, 2007, 07:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe323
Hey Toni;

I am sailing thr Miracle on Sept 24th and will post a complete review when I return.
Thanks Joe
Cant wait to hear back from yoU!
Celebrity Zenith 2002
Carnival Victory 2007
NCL Dawn 2007
Carnival Miracle 2008
NCL Spirit 2008
Carnival Miracle 2008
Old August 17th, 2007, 12:43 PM
Beginner

Toni1313
You just got off the Miracle this past Wednesday (8/15) We loved the Miracle. We did the Glory last year and lover her as well. But I would sail Miracle again in a heartbeat.Myself, husband and two teenage sons sail both ships. The ship was booked at 100%. At no time did we have to wait in a line for anything. We loved the adult only pool, and they do not allow kids in this pool. We could not find a deal for the Miracle out of NY like we did for the Glory, but we did like the 8th night better. I have nothing but good comments about the Miracle. If I did have to find one negative, it would be she rocks a litttle bit more.
Old August 17th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Passenger

Hello,

Just got off the Miracle on 7/30. It was a fun cruise, but there needs to be more activities onboard. I stayed in a balcony room on the 7th floor and our steward "forgot" to replace the beach towels, we had to chase him down for them daily, although he did keep our room beautifully clean.

Kids running WILDLY throughout the halls needs to be addressed by Carnival. This should NEVER be allowed. Happened in the Horatio dining room on deck 9, too, and at one point, an angry group of people yelled "SHUT UP" to a particularly obnoxious gang.

You will NEVER see the CD Brent roaming around onboard, although he will tell you during his shows that he is "always" around.

The dance team and singers were the worst I have ever seen on any cruise line. Lead singers were absolutely awful. I know now the pain Simon Cowell must feel after sitting through auditions.

Tortola was BEAUTIFUL, but they only give you a few hours there. Skipped the Carnival tours and went with a group by taxi all over the island and wound up at Long Bay Beach (where the Pirates movies were filmed) all for $10! Loved Tortola.

Too long in Puerto Rico, shopping district had rotting garbage in the streets. Went on the shopping tour and stopped only at the Capitol building and Fort San Cristobal. Could have walked there in 15 minutes and saved the $37.

St Thomas - do NOT miss Magen's Bay beach, beautiful! Can do snorkeling, kayaking, etc. Skip the Carnival run excursions and just jump in a cab ($8 pp), $4 to get on beach, $5 to rent a chair for the day.

Food was very good in my opinion, but SKIP Nick and Nora's, a complete ripoff and for $30 extra. I've had a better lobster tail at Red Lobster. Complete waste of money.

Embarkation in NYC was a NIGHTMARE. People were rude, and we waited in line for over two hours, even though we had completed all paperwork online and there was supposed to be a "funpass quickpass line". There wasn't. Cattle getting herded is what comes to mind when embarking.

Once on the ship, the staff were very nice. Brandon, one of the assistant cruise directors (I guess) was the best bingo caller, all the others, especially "BIG SEXY" flew through the games as if they were on fire.

Catch "Music Boardwalk" in Frankie and Johnny's, an AMAZING cover band.

All in all, I DID have a great time. I went with a work friend and the time just flew by.

Have a great time!
Old August 17th, 2007, 02:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

WOW
Sounds pretty much like my victory cruise.. Only you went to better locations!

I had no problems at the Pier in NYC but we left on a Thursday, dont know if that had anything to do with it..
Celebrity Zenith 2002
Carnival Victory 2007
NCL Dawn 2007
Carnival Miracle 2008
NCL Spirit 2008
Carnival Miracle 2008