Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 14th, 2007, 07:26 AM
First Mate

Default FunShip dollars

Has anyone brought FunShip dollars onboard with them and had them applied to your S&S account directly at the desk recently? I have some that I'd like to use on my upcoming cruise, but I'm leary about sending them through the mail in fear they will get lost (plus I don't want to pay the certified, registered, and insurance USPS fees). I emailed my PVP yesterday and asked if I could just bring them onboard with me and was told that they need to be mailed in. We all know what carnival 'says' and what carnival 'allows' are often contradictiory, so I figured I'd check to see if anyone has done it recently.

Either I can mail them in and risk having them lost in the mail only to find out onboard that they were never applied to my account, or I can wait to apply them onboard, only to find out that they needed to be mailed in.
Old August 14th, 2007, 08:01 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I don't blame you for feeling that way.

This is what I have done, and never had any problems.

I use to take the "dollars" with me, and had them applied.

I now order them on line, and have them applied from the computer.

This is how I do it.

Order from the web site.

Instead of putting your address in the spaces provided, put your cabin room number on one line, and on the next line, put the words, ON BOARD CREDIT.

I have never had a problem, and have in the last couple of cruises had my on board credit paid for, before I ever cruise.

If for some reason you do not use all, they will cut you a check on the last night of the cruise, and even cash it for you, before you leave.

What you are trying to do, is common sense, what they are saying to do, makes me do this.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old August 14th, 2007, 08:33 AM
Admiral

If you already have printed Fun Ship dollars in your possession, just bring them onboard with you, go to the Purser's Desk and ask them to apply it to your Sail & Sign account. I received Fun Ship dollars as a gift just prior to my last cruise and it was too late to mail them in so I just brought them with me. You will not have a problem applying them to your account onboard.
Old August 15th, 2007, 11:03 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro

On our first cruise on the Inspiration 2004 I didn't know you should mail the fun ship dollar certificates to Carnival by Certified Mail. I brought them up to the pursers desk later on the first night but they had to call Miami to confirm they were mine so I came back a few hours later and they were applied as on board credit. In 2005 we went on the Inspiration again and I mailed them certified as I did again in 2007 on the Sensation. I never had a problem with them and they were applied to my on board credit. I have started to purchase them for our April 2008 cruise on the Glory and I plan on mailing them again. I like buying them many months ahead of time and mail them all together so I have the copy of the hard certifcate as proof of purchase just in case. I use the fancy hard envelope as a tip envelope instead of the little ones they supply on board. Never, ever did I have a problem mailing them certified and never had a problem with them receiving them and applying them as a credit.

Inspiration-2004, 2005, 2009
Glory- 4/26/2009
Sensation -4/2007, 10/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old August 16th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Passenger

Default CARNIVAL MONEY

HAS ANYONE HEARD OF A TICKET YOU CAN BUY FOR $40 A DAY PER PERSON WITH ALL YOU CAN DRINK? I HAVE HEARD FROM A FEW PEOPLE ABOUT THIS, BUT WANTED TO SEE IF IT WAS LEGIT?
Old August 16th, 2007, 03:04 PM
Admiral

Default Re: CARNIVAL MONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERUSSO4
HAS ANYONE HEARD OF A TICKET YOU CAN BUY FOR $40 A DAY PER PERSON WITH ALL YOU CAN DRINK? I HAVE HEARD FROM A FEW PEOPLE ABOUT THIS, BUT WANTED TO SEE IF IT WAS LEGIT?
That is only available to large groups and only if everyone in the group agrees to purchase it.

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011