Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 14th, 2007, 04:53 PM
Passenger

Default carnival Sensation fr Port Canaveral Sept 9, 2007 *Cancelled

This is the first time ever I am going to a cruise vacation. Anyone going to this trip like to join together for some shore excursions? Share the price for rental car or.... I would like to go for some reef / bottom fishing.
Sponsored Links
Old August 14th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Admiral

you'll love this as a first crusie - I just did it a couple fweeks ago with my teenage son. It was our first cruise as well. I'd recommend that if you do your own excursion via rental or cab, that yo udo it early enough in the day that you get back in time for sailing - or you'll be left behind. The ship won't sail if carnival-sponsored excursions come back late. If you have any questions, let me know. Also check out my photos in the photo gallery. And read my review/trip report.
Old August 15th, 2007, 01:02 AM
Passenger

Default thank you Michelle

Thank you for the informations. But we've booked another route instead. We will be going from Tampa. FL to the Western Caribbean 7 Days cruise.
Old August 15th, 2007, 08:30 AM
Captain

We will be going from Tampa. FL to the Western Caribbean 7 Days cruise.

Why the face? I assume you've booked Miracle if you're taking a 7 day from Tampa. That's a much newer ship and gets great reviews. Sailing outta Tampa is an experience itself, and goin to the western caribbean, well it just blows away the Bahamas. Cheer up, you've just been upgraded from the drive-through at Mickey D's to the Ritz Carlton!!!
Glory (eastern) 12/2006
Destiny 01/2009
Old August 15th, 2007, 06:42 PM
Passenger

We are not going with Miracle, but Legends. Still, it is a newer ship than Sensation. However, the price is much more expensive too. It was $1774.00 US for both of us (cruise + flight ) for a 4D inside stateroom. Now is $3300.00 for a 4A inside...
Old August 15th, 2007, 08:19 PM
First Mate

Default sensation cancelled

WHY???????????????????????
Old August 15th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Captain

OK, Legend is same class as Miracle, guess they swapped the ships around again. ANYWAY, you're new itinerary blows away Freeport/Nassau. Never been to Costa Maya, but GC and Cozumel ROCK! I'd be sure and book an excursion in Belize. Not much to do right around the port. Cave tubing or reef diving are the best. Those prices do seem a little high, but we always drive and cruise in the winter when prices are very low. You'll have a great time and wished it were longer when they make you leave.
Glory (eastern) 12/2006
Destiny 01/2009
Old August 17th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Passenger

Default pray for good weather

I hope the weather would be nice when we go. I am so worry, since never been on any cruise before. I will be very upset if raining everyday during the trip.
Old August 17th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Admiral

Honeypig, you're going to love Legend. Excellent ship, excellent cruise, and excellent ports. You just took a GIANT step up IMO. Be sure to let us know what your thoughts are when you return.

Ken
Old August 17th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Passenger

I don't know if anyone has stayed in the buttom layer of the Legend? I've paid $900+/ea for a 4A inside stateroom in the middle of the ship. I don't think it is the best choice, but this is what I can afford....And my Travel agent didn't tell me that for $25 more, I can upgrade to 7A oceanview.... I guess it is my false that didn't really do any recearch for the ship or the route....We were planned another cruise... and now getting this last minture "expensive" price is not what I was wanted. Lots of stress....
Old August 17th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Captain

Cat 4A middle of the ship is an excellent choice for your first cruise. The higher up, fore, or aft, the more you feel the motion of the ship. Besides, when you close your eyes at nite, all the cabins look the same. And don't worry bout the weather. Here's links to the average highs and lows for your ports. Even has average rainfall for those times. You booked a fabulous cruise, now lay back and ENJOY IT!!!

http://www.weather.com/outlook/trave...omnav_business

Glory (eastern) 12/2006
Destiny 01/2009
Old August 21st, 2007, 03:14 PM
Passenger

Default Yes, I have check the weather.com

Thanks ClevelandRocks for the information.
Although that made me more worry looking at those pictures for Costa Maya.... Will I be able to see some sunshine during my honeymoon?