Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 15th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Passenger

Default Carribbean Excursions for disabled

We are leaving in 3 wks on the Carnival Glory & have a handicapped lady w/us. She's rented a scooter for on board & will be carrying her walker. She is able to walk w/walker but has very limited endurance. We are going to the western Carr. & stopping at Cozumel, Belize( which is tendered so she won't get off ship) Costa Maya, & Nassau. I want her to be able to get off ship & enjoy the experience of another country. Anyone know of any excursions she can go on? Would love for her to be able to go to a beach, but scooter won't go on beach & usually would be too far a walk to water w/walker. ( Sand not very walker friendly either)
Sponsored Links
Old August 15th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Passenger

Not sure of other islands, but while in Cozumel this past January we took a private tour with a company that has full size vans.

There were only 6 of us in the van and one woman was using a walker. It was a 4 hour island tour with several stops. She only got out at one stop but I'm sure she was comfortable.

Hope that helps
Old August 15th, 2007, 04:39 PM
Captain

You should enjoy Glory and I think it's wise for your guest to stay aboard in Belize. Those "tenders" would be used as firewood in any other port. We did a Historical Tour in Nassau which your guest "might" be able to. It does involve getting in and out of a taxi (minivan) several times. I'd suggest contacting Carnival and letting their rep work with you on excursion suggestions. From their website under "guest with special requirements":

Carnival will make every effort to work with you to help you identify shore excursions to meet your needs. Information on shore options is available by calling our Guest Access Services Department or online.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_T...uirements.aspx
Glory (eastern) 12/2006
Destiny 01/2009
Old August 15th, 2007, 09:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Honeybear

Fabrizzi, I guess we went on that same tour! It was the best tour I've ever taken!
ClevelandRocks on this tour you only go where you want to go. They even stopped at a camera shop for me to buy a disk for my camera. It's four hours and this guy is so very intelligent! He knows everything about the island. Your group are the only ones in your van. There were three if us and the driver.
Okay Guys, I don't know how much info I'm allowed to give. Can I give names, phone numbers, web-sites, what? Thanks, I don't want to get into trouble.
the SENSATION

"Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."