Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 15th, 2007, 07:06 PM
First Mate

Default Luggage Tags

We are booked into a gurantee room. Should we print luggage tags fro our electronic documents or just get soe new ones printed for us at embarkation? I remember on my last cruise (on NCL) we had somone elses luggage show up at our room in addition to our own. Both ours and theirs had the same room number on the tags. I presume the other cruisers were booked into a guarantee room and used the luggage tags which they printed from home. When they got onto the ship, they were given another room assignment, but their luggage tags (still displaying the old room number, now ours) got overlooked.

Also, should I be printing my luggage tags on a label sheet rather than a regular sheet of paper?
Old August 15th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Admiral

If they issued luggage tags with your documents, they will probably be correct. If the cabin assignment wasn't done yet when they issued the documents, then you'll get new tags from the porters at the pier when you arrive there. They always have a list of the current, and correct cabin assignments, and they have the correct tags to put on your luggage. (Actually, you can get these tags from the porters even if you do have the ones you've printed yourself. I usually feel better about the "right ones" being on my checked luggage)
Have a great cruise.

Ken
Old August 17th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Captain

Our October 2007 cruise will be the first one where we have gone in with a guarantee cabin rather than booking a specific cabin number. Our TA said we would have a cabin assignment and luggage tags when we receive our cruise docs.

Just a tip though, anytime we fly or cruise, I always make up a little form on my computer and print several copies. The form shows our names, address, cell phone number (don't want them to call home while I'm gone), and other pertinent info, such as travel dates, cabin numbers, flight numbers, hotel reservations, etc. I print this on brightly colored paper and put a copy inside every suitcase, bag, carryon, camerbag, billfold, etc. This way, if our luggage tags are lost a baggage handler can open the bag and find the info to forward our luggage to us.

You could also leave a contact name and number for a family member and give them your travel itinerary in case anyone contacts them regarding lost luggage.
Old August 18th, 2007, 01:06 AM
Admiral

When you get to the pier there will be an outside station where they assign cabins to those on guaranteed status and put on the luggage tags.
Adventure Of The Seas-05
Navigator Of The Seas-04
Carnival Paradise-04
Carnival Pride-03
Sea Princess-02
Soverign Of The Seas-02
Carnival Imagination-01
Carnival Destiny-00
Carnival Fascination-97
Big Red Boat-93
Nordic Prince-82
Old August 18th, 2007, 01:06 AM
Admiral

When you get to the pier there will be an outside station where they assign cabins to those on guaranteed status and put on the luggage tags.
Adventure Of The Seas-05
Navigator Of The Seas-04
Carnival Paradise-04
Carnival Pride-03
Sea Princess-02
Soverign Of The Seas-02
Carnival Imagination-01
Carnival Destiny-00
Carnival Fascination-97
Big Red Boat-93
Nordic Prince-82