Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 16th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Passenger

Default travel insurance? help!

As our cruise approches in september, so do the hurricanes. Who do you recommend for our insurance? Hopefully our cruise will be uneventful, weather-wise. We're just looking for a good travel insurance company, we have never purchased it before. Thanks, cruisebum.
Sponsored Links
Old August 16th, 2007, 10:17 PM
First Mate

There is a site online, someplace, that lets you enter in your trip information and you receive a number of quotes back from various companies. Its broken down my different levels of coverage, whats covered, whats not, etc.

I've never purchased insurance before, so I don't know exactly how in depth the process is, nor can I recommend a good company (or tell you which ones to stay away from).

I'd check with a travel agent to see what they offer and also check out some sites online. google travel insurance). Check to see how long they've been in business for, customer reviews, etc. Be sure to give them a call and talk one on one with someone if you have any questions. If they are knowledgeable and can answer all your questions promptly, chances are you found a good company. If you dont like the sound of their answers, if they cant answer your questions, or if they avoid certain questions, that would probably be a red flag to look elsewhere.

Like I said, I've never purchased insurance before, but I know some people on here swear by it. I'm sure someone will be able to help you out more with finding a good company. Good luck!
Old August 16th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Passenger

Based on what I am experiencing right now with Hurricane Dean breathing down our back, I would suggest you carefully research any travel insurance you buy. I don't know if there are any that offer cancellation for any purpose, but if you find it, I would go for it. Call ahead of time and talk with a rep at the insurance company before you buy. Just reading the terms and conditions will not always help.
Old August 16th, 2007, 10:29 PM
Admiral

The site that lets you compare different policies is insuremytrip.com

It is a good site to go to.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old August 16th, 2007, 10:50 PM
Admiral

As suggested before, check out the many different companies at insuremytrip.com. We always get travel insurance that covers both medical and travel. It's a small price to pay. Some companies offer family policies. We like TravelGuard or CSA. Once because of Hurricane Frances we had to file a claim with CSA for hotel and meals. Very timely reimbursment.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302