Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 16th, 2007, 11:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Gettin' the itch....

It's been a whole seven weeks since my last cruise and I'm gettin' the itch to book another. Of course the ol' bank account is screaming for mercy from the last cruise...

When you book your cruise, where do you go to check for that golden deal? Is there a ritual of sites you always check? How far in advance do you book and why?

Share your secrets!!!

Personally, I check the major travel sites and then go to a place like flight center who guarantees to beat any advertised price.
Sponsored Links
Old August 17th, 2007, 12:08 AM
Cruise Maniac

I know exactly what you mean. We took our first cruise last Sept. Then again this past May and took our daughter on her first. I expect that we will have our next cruise booked by the end of this month, but it wont sail until next June. How am i going to survive the wait!?!?

Usually we stay around the cruise lines web sites until it get to be time to get serious booking. On our May cruise we booked thru a travel agent we found thru Cruisecompete.com (a site we learned about thru these boards). We are doing the same thing with the next cruise.

My friends warned me that cruising was addictive, now I believe them.
Old August 17th, 2007, 12:22 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

With the cruise line's policy of not allowing agents to advertise lower rates than the cruise line (with the exception of group prices) you can NO LONGER simply surf the net to find the best price. It requires phone calls or e-mails to find out what the REAL best price from an agency is.
You might want to read this article for current pricing policies.
http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...upthephone.cfm
Old August 17th, 2007, 07:53 AM
Cruise Maniac

Our last cruise was on the Elation sailing 3/31/07. We left on Saturday and returned on Thursday. By Tuesday, we have booked our cruise on the Carnival Freedom! This is the only cure from PCD (Post-Cruise Depression).

We have a PVP from Carnival that has been taking care of our cruise needs since 2000 and we just love her. Since we book about 20 months out, the military discount is normally not applied to our sailing. But she keeps checking and when it does apply, she automatically applies it and sends us an e-mail.

Past Cruises
Carnival Ecstasy 97
Carnival Fantasy 98
Carnival Imagination 03
Carnival Glory 05
Carnival Elation 07
Carnvial Triumph 08